Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
    Sorry Eve. I have no idea.

Would you like a chocolate chip cookie? It's still warm and chewy. It won't make the video work, but it might make you less likely to throw your keyboard through your monitor.
    Mmm cookie sounds nice, is there also beer near you cause I feel I will again not sleep

note to self: never try to do stuff when tired, I still need to go to bed

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
      Mmm cookie sounds nice, is there also beer near you cause I feel I will again not sleep

note to self: never try to do stuff when tired, I still need to go to bed
      Sleeping is actually quite good. You should try it!

Just don't go for a long walk by yourself in the middle of the night and give your stuff away to homeless people. Because 2 days later you will pick up your student newspaper and read about attacks on women in that area and you will feel a bit unsettled.

Or that might just be me.

Here! Cookies and beer, an awesome combination. I also have diet coke and rum!

Or we could do a Helen Magnus and drink tea and eat scones! Yay! (I am soooo making scones tomorrow)
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

argh...I just DL the 2 webisodes and wanted to watch them but I get a message saying that it can't play So when I ask for help on the web it says

anyone know what to do to fix it cause I can't play it now and I so wanted to watch the second webisode on my computer...enjoy the experience but all I got is nothing
        A tip is to plug the error message (ie the code it gives you) into google because no doubt someone would have had the same problem

That code seems to indicate a codec problem, ie you haven't got the required codec installed. You have the .wmv format correct? What version of Windows Media Player? You may not have the Windows Media Video 9/VC-1 codec installed which I'd guess the .wmv version of the HD download uses. You can download the codec from the Microsoft website or alternatively download Windows Media Player 11 which will automatically install the codec (but be aware that you need a genuine copy of windows to install WMP11... at least that's what they tell you )

Windows Media Video 9 Codec is here. You'll need at least Windows Media Player 9 or a compatible player for the codec to work.

Windows Media Player 11 (which includes the codec) is here

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          A tip is to plug the error message (ie the code it gives you) into google because no doubt someone would have had the same problem

That code seems to indicate a codec problem, ie you haven't got the required codec installed. You have the .wmv format correct? What version of Windows Media Player? You may not have the Windows Media Video 9/VC-1 codec installed which I'd guess the .wmv version of the HD download uses. You can download the codec from the Microsoft website or alternatively download Windows Media Player 11 which will automatically install the codec (but be aware that you need a genuine copy of windows to install WMP11... at least that's what they tell you )

Windows Media Video 9 Codec is here. You'll need at least Windows Media Player 9 or a compatible player for the codec to work.

Windows Media Player 11 (which includes the codec) is here
          See I think I have a very old version of mediaplayer...maybe it is time to actually update it eh...might do that first, thanks for your help already helps me a bit

Comment

See I think I have a very old version of mediaplayer...maybe it is time to actually update it eh...might do that first, thanks for your help already helps me a bit
            Yeah I'd say so Windows Update generally keeps on top of the issues for Windows Media Player, so it might be a good to keep Windows up to date. Assuming you have a genuine XP copy of course.

Comment

Yeah I'd say so Windows Update generally keeps on top of the issues for Windows Media Player, so it might be a good to keep Windows up to date. Assuming you have a genuine XP copy of course.
              Yes I do have a genuine XP edition...and atm it is installing Windows Media Player 11. I hope this really helps, cause I really want to see it, and if not I know for sure I will mail Sanctuary team

But it seems like I can watch webisode 2 without an issue now... just the first one I can't Wait till 11 is finished installing and then if it doesn't work, I will start going crazy...

but then I might actually get some sleep and work on it tomorrow Cause I know I am getting upset about it lol

Comment

Let me know how it turns out

Comment

Let me know how it turns out
                  WOOHOOOOOOOO
                  it worked thanks AD... now I can actually see them in HD...and well that is what I am going to do now and then take a nap yay...

Note to self: if something doesn't work, think updates first...

Comment

see, i have very picky eyes. when i watch a show, i can literally see if there's a frame of wrong. a frame is 30th of a second....i may not be able to fully comprehend what i saw until i rewind the tape, but i can see it

i spent to many years in productino to not be able to see this stuff. When i'd watch my region 2 dvd's, i could see the occasional stutter as those extra 4 frames a second were stuck back in

so i try not to let things bug me too much, because i see them in all sorts of shows, i just ignore them or i'd go wackier than i already am
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It's where the

Spoiler:
                      muffin man lives, of course!

Wiki on Drury lane.

The bit that caught my eye was:

by the eighteenth century Drury Lane had become one of the worst slums in London, dominated by prostitution[1] and gin palaces.

Maybe it's just that the trollops always catch my eye.
                      You know... Drury Lane doesn't seem so bad
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Or we could do a Helen Magnus and drink tea and eat scones! Yay! (I am soooo making scones tomorrow)
                        News Report:
                        Bakeries around the world are finding they can't keep scones in stock. What is causing this mad rush on scones worldwide?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          News Report:
                          Bakeries around the world are finding they can't keep scones in stock. What is causing this mad rush on scones worldwide?

Maybe that cute accessory in bed?

You don't buy scones! You make them yourself!!

BTW a quick check around the world. We don't pronounce scones the way Helen did. What are they called/pronounced in other countries/localities?

We say skon as in on
                          Helen said skone as in cone

Don't the Yanks call them something else?

Oh yeah and the best way to have scones - a Devonshire tea. Thinks back to accessory, well maybe not
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            News Report:

Bakery? My mum used to make them.

Before she was diagnosed with diabetes. Now all the white flour and jam is naughty. I'm gonna make them in my cute little bench top oven!

*eta*

Yeah, in NZ we say scone to rhyme with... con. Except for me and Space.... now we say it the Helen way
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

In Canada we say scone the way Helen says it and yes I do think they would be much better with that accessory in the bed
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                BTW a quick check around the world. We don't pronounce scones the way Helen did. What are they called/pronounced in other countries/localities?

We say skon as in on
                                Helen said skone as in cone
                                I say skon. In some parts of England, skon is considered posh. In other parts of England, skone is considered posh. It's a funny one. My Welsh friend (whose first language is Welsh) says skon like me. And he likes me Mum's skons best.

Don't the Yanks call them something else?
                                Do they have 'em?
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X