Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
    Yep, my teachers never popped in a DVD because well they didn't exist yet.

In fact, CD's were the new hot item, cell phones were enormous, TIVO didn't exist, the internet was something only super geeks used ( like myself ), and Amanda was an unknown high schooler.

Talk about old!
    And computers took up entire rooms with their own cooling systems and we programmed with punch cards.

Yup, I'm OLD.
    -

Comment

It's entirely possible that I left school before some of our younger members were even born...
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        It's entirely possible that I left school before some of our younger members were even born...
        I matriculated in 1974
        -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          I matriculated in 1974
          Hmmm... That's the year I started school - as in Primary school...

I'll shut up now.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Do you think Ashley ever went to regular school or was educated at home?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Do you think Ashley ever went to regular school or was educated at home?
              I could see her being home educated for her younger years - can't have the youngun' blabbing about what Mum does. Then maybe Helen sending her to high school.
              -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                I could see her being home educated for her younger years - can't have the youngun' blabbing about what Mum does. Then maybe Helen sending her to high school.
                Did Ashley really have any understanding of what her mother did at that point? If she babbled about Bigfoot the Butler, most people would think she had an overactive imagination.

I wonder what they do when the sanctuary has unknowing or unwanted guests. The monsters are on a lower floor. I can't imagine that closing the lower levels and hiding Bigfoot there could be all the process entails. It couldn't be that easy, could it?
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  I wonder what they do when the sanctuary has unknowing or unwanted guests. The monsters are on a lower floor. I can't imagine that closing the lower levels and hiding Bigfoot there could be all the process entails. It couldn't be that easy, could it?
                  Presumably, the Sanctuary has a top notch security system. One or two well placed signs and so on - "Trespassers will be fed to bigfoot".
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    Hmmm... That's the year I started school - as in Primary school...

I'll shut up now.
                    I'm not gonna say anything...

But Happy belated Birthday!

Comment

Did Ashley really have any understanding of what her mother did at that point? If she babbled about Bigfoot the Butler, most people would think she had an overactive imagination.

I kinda get the impression not many people venture out in Sanctuary's neighborhood. There is a definite separation between the old and new city, forgot which episode it is now, but the one where we see Will in a split screen and you see the new city well lit up and Will fades away and there is the dark city, separated by a river. Even the cops didn't like venturing into the old city... when they were searching for the other cop.

So with that long winded explanation... I don't think Sanctuary gets many visitors and if they do I think they are either patients or people that have come in contact with future patients So hiding isn't necessary it may be the norm in that part of town... *shrugs shoulders* that's just my impresssion.

EDIT: It was Webisode 2

Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 09 July 2007, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        Happy belated Birthday!
                        Thanks Dancer.
                        sigpic

Comment

i graduated in 87

yep, i was in cameron mitchell's 'class'

so yeah, i was in high school before some of y'all were born

the days of
                          3 network channels, no cable
                          no automatic doors
                          no keyless entry
                          typewriters not computers
                          film cameras
                          no walkmen - until high school that was
                          8 track tapes to LP's to cassette tapes
                          no vcr's
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            i graduated in 87

yep, i was in cameron mitchell's 'class'

so yeah, i was in high school before some of y'all were born

the days of
                            3 network channels, no cable
                            no automatic doors
                            no keyless entry
                            typewriters not computers
                            film cameras
                            no walkmen - until high school that was
                            8 track tapes to LP's to cassette tapes
                            no vcr's
                            It's odd to think that the technology of today will one day seem so "antiquated."

3000 channels, with a choice of cable/digital/satellite
                            automatic everything
                            keyless everything (even to drive one's car)
                            cell phones
                            computers (on cell phones)
                            digital cameras (on cell phones)
                            Hi-speed Internet (on cell phones)
                            MP3 players (on cell phones)
                            HD-DVD

Kinda weird to think what will be out there in 20 years.

Comment

Her teachers report to child services that something must be terribly wrong at home with all the talk about monsters.

Comment

*Is feeling young* I left high school July 1999
                                And I want to be in Tracy's tutor group lol

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X