Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel's Daredevil: Live Rewatch/Appreciation.(SPOILERS through S1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it when he takes his glasses off - he is so sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Love how it doesn't even occur to Matt at first that the lights are off (just shows how often he brings anyone to his place).

One of the things I love about Daredevil being PG-16 too is that they can have casual swearing where, in real life, people totally would swear. Like Karen's "holy ****!" at the billboard.
      Oh me too! So flippin' fed up with no realistic language in shows! Or violence. If people get hit, stabbed etc - THEY BLEED! That has nothing to do with my whump love, either!
      sigpic

Comment

One thing I've noticed in this show, and that I find interesting, is when Matt wears his glasses. He pretty much wears them all the time except around Foggy and Claire. Even as the show progresses and Karen becomes part of the team etc, he still wears his glasses around her. In fact, there's two scenes where he's not wearing them and Karen comes in and he immediately puts his glasses on.

The exception is in this scene in this first episode where he takes his glasses off to talk to her about his loss of vision etc... and I love that because it's clearly a deliberate move on his part to instill confidence, to make her feel connected and trusted. It's intimate and he knows that.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
          I love it when he takes his glasses off - he is so sweet
          I love it when he takes his shirt off more!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            Haha! He's also missing the chest hair! Poor Charlie. Waxing is sooo painful!
            Now that's whump in real life !!

Comment

Haha! He's also missing the chest hair! Poor Charlie. Waxing is sooo painful!
              I gotta admit (sorry Charlie!) that I'm glad. I'm really not into hairy men!
              sigpic

Comment

I love it when he takes his shirt off more!
                sigpic

Comment

One thing I've noticed in this show, and that I find interesting, is when Matt wears his glasses. He pretty much wears them all the time except around Foggy and Claire. Even as the show progresses and Karen becomes part of the team etc, he still wears his glasses around her. In fact, there's two scenes where he's not wearing them and Karen comes in and he immediately puts his glasses on.

The exception is in this scene in this first episode where he takes his glasses off to talk to her about his loss of vision etc... and I love that because it's clearly a deliberate move on his part to instill confidence, to make her feel connected and trusted. It's intimate and he knows that.
                  I noticed this too. I like it. CC really thinks about his character's motivations for things. It's the little things he does which make his performance so nuanced and impressive for me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                    Now that's whump in real life !!
                    No kidding!
                    sigpic

Comment

I gotta admit (sorry Charlie!) that I'm glad. I'm really not into hairy men!
                      I like hairy chests generally, but actually agree with you here. He looks great hairless on the chest!
                      sigpic

Comment

Another thing I love about this show is all the different languages and the fact that they use subtitles. That two non-English native-speakers speak to each other in their own language, as they freaking would in real life!

And also even the Russians being like, "FFS Owlesley, just because they both look asian doesn't mean they speak each other's languages!!"
                        sigpic

Comment

Awwww it is so intimate and I think CC is king of doing intimate scenes - the moments where he does have a one on one are so well played - he is so understated and little touches are brilliant

Comment

Another thing I love about this show is all the different languages and the fact that they use subtitles. That two non-English native-speakers speak to each other in their own language, as they freaking would in real life!

And also even the Russians being like, "FFS Owlesley, just because they both look asian doesn't mean they speak each other's languages!!"
                            LOVE that line.
                            I LOVE the language aspect of the show. I also love that Vlad is played by the actor who plays Two-Dads in Sea Patrol. (If you don't know the show, please don't ask me why I have watched it. Sometimes I'll watch anything! )
                            sigpic

Comment

I noticed this too. I like it. CC really thinks about his character's motivations for things. It's the little things he does which make his performance so nuanced and impressive for me.
                              Yes. I love how much work he has put into this part... the physical training, the accent and especially the blindness.

I did a whole post on tumblr about how he sits down/gets up from chairs and moves them as he does. It's just such a small, but very telling, thing that really sells the blindness.

Oooh and I love him all cuddled up on the sofa, pretending to sleep and the way he just opens his eyes as Karen sneaks out.
                              sigpic

Comment

I freaking LOVE this upcoming fight scene in the rain! It's ******* BEAUTIFUL... and so are Matt's abs in that skin-tight, rain-soaked top.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X