• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post
    I wanna see Wolverine Vs Hulk!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    That would make for some interesting fight scenes.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

FBI catch 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' pirate!

The FBI has charged a man with copyright infringement after he allegedly uploaded 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' earlier this year.

Gilberto Sanchez, 47, was arrested in the Bronx, N.Y. early Wednesday morning by FBI agents without incident, according to law enforcement sources. A spokeswoman from the FBI's Los Angeles field office (which led the investigation) has now confirmed the arrest.

By the time the movie was released, the pirated copy is thought to have been watched over 4 million times.

According to a copy of a grand jury indictment that was unsealed last week, Sanchez uploaded the film to file sharing network Megaupload.com under one of his online aliases, which include "theSkilled1" and "SkillyGilly." The indictment does not say how Sanchez obtained a copy of the film.

If convicted, Sanchez may face fines and a prison sentence.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=12863

Comment

'Wolverine' sequel to shoot next year?

Hugh Jackman has hinted that the sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine could begin shooting next year.

It was previously reported that the follow-up will be based on Chris Claremont and Frank Miller's Wolverine comic, which sees the mutant hero fall for the daughter of a Japanese crime boss.

"Wolverine's going to be back," Jackman told MTV at the People's Choice Awards. "He's going to Japan. We shoot that probably in a year, year and a half, something like that."

Screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie, who penned the first film, has signed on for the sequel. Director Gavin Hood has also expressed interest in returning to helm the project. The venture is expected to shoot in the Far East and showcase several new fighting styles for Logan.

Elsewhere, Bryan Singer's X-Men: First Class and Ryan Reynolds's Deadpool are now in pre-production.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...next-year.html

Comment

Can't wait for Japan!

Even though the first movie did have way too many guest stars, I still enjoyed it. It's Wolvie.
          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Does Liev Schreiber Want to Return for the Wolverine Sequel?

It is fair to say that fan excitement for a sequel to Wolverine's solo flick is evenly split. Half are ready to see Jackman take on Logan's complex story set in Japan, the other half just want to forget the first movie ever existed. Regardless of where they side, comic movie fans have consistently mentioned that Liev Schreiber's performance as Sabertooth is definitely one of the first film's highlights. With Hugh Jackman's recently commenting that he and the production crew are gearing up for the sequel, the question remains if Victor Creed will be a part of the film.

But how does Schriber feel about returning to the franchise? MTV recently posed the question to him:

"Hugh [Jackman] has talked about the fact that he wants to work on the Japanese angle," said Schreiber, "I’ve got my fingers crossed that Victor pops into that somewhere. I’m not sure yet. I don’t remember from the comic books [if he’s in there]." He might be vague on that aspect of the comic character's past, but Schreiber is no stranger to reading comics; especially when he was growing up. "I was definitely a Wolverine guy growing up. But I also have to admit I was kind of a DC guy. It’s sort of an embarrassing thing to say but its true. Wolverine was up there though. I liked the dark noir nature to it. I had a ball with it. My guilty pleasure is I watch wacky action movies. I’m looking forward to 'Iron Man 2.' I’m always looking forward to the next installation of Batman."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15176

Comment

*Crosses fingers and hopes* I'd love to see more X-Men related stuff popping up.

Comment

I have yet to see Wolverine, but surely it can't be as bad as X3? I thought X3 was pretty sub-par.

Comment

I still haven't watched Wolverine, actually. Can't bring myself to. The X-Men movies were basically Wolverine: X-Men as it was. I'm rooting for First Class far more than a sequel.
                  Having just said that... Wolverine's time in Japan is my favourite representation of the character, not the beer-swilling thug people seem to love. I might give the 2nd one a look-see.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    I still haven't watched Wolverine, actually. Can't bring myself to. The X-Men movies were basically Wolverine: X-Men as it was. I'm rooting for First Class far more than a sequel.
                    Having just said that... Wolverine's time in Japan is my favourite representation of the character, not the beer-swilling thug people seem to love. I might give the 2nd one a look-see.
                    I'm glad i'm the only sick and tired of Wolverine. Cyclops is the leader, not Wolverine . IMO Marvel needs to stop feeding popularity. X2 seemed to have a good balance of all the characters IMO, with Wolverine still taking up most of the screentime .

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      Probably a good thing you missed the first Wolverine, since they are already planning to retcon it, or parts of it, for the Deadpool movie.

You are right though, the X-Men movies couldn't have focused less on the X-Men had they tried. I'm glad that we'll get the chance to see the X-Men without Wolverine in First Class but I half expect a Hugh Jackman cameo (even if it's using Wolverine footage) especially if they reuse the same actor for Cyclops. However it wouldn't be the same to me, I'd like a pre X-Men 1 movie with Stewart, Janssen, Marsden and Berry but can't see that ever happening.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        I'm glad i'm the only sick and tired of Wolverine. Cyclops is the leader, not Wolverine . IMO Marvel needs to stop feeding popularity. X2 seemed to have a good balance of all the characters IMO, with Wolverine still taking up most of the screentime .
                        Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        Probably a good thing you missed the first Wolverine, since they are already planning to retcon it, or parts of it, for the Deadpool movie.
                        You are right though, the X-Men movies couldn't have focused less on the X-Men had they tried. I'm glad that we'll get the chance to see the X-Men without Wolverine in First Class but I half expect a Hugh Jackman cameo (even if it's using Wolverine footage) especially if they reuse the same actor for Cyclops. However it wouldn't be the same to me, I'd like a pre X-Men 1 movie with Stewart, Janssen, Marsden and Berry but can't see that ever happening.
                        Deadpool now has at least 4 monthly titles and was the focus of a variant cover for every single regular Marvel comic book this month. How's THAT for over-exposure? Next, he'll be an Avenger right alongside Wolvie and Spidey. Marvel seems to be turning Wade into their next bankable [read: exploitable] asset and it's making me a little sick. Some poor kid a few years from now will feel about the honestly cool and insane Deadpool the way that many people feel about Wolverine: nothing more than a sales magnet.
                        I've never been a Logan fan but I really hoped the movie would have been better than my friends told me it was... and some online reviews have said it was. Maybe Mariko and Yukio and the Silver Samurai'll make the next one better... and give me impetus to actually watch it in the cinema this time.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I think Wolverine is a great character, but over exposed. He really isn't a major character....or he isn't supposed to be. Most people forget Wolverine first appeared as an enemy of the Hulk, not a member of the X-Men....Deadpool is probably next. Poor Cyclops, he hardly gets anything.

Comment

Wolverine is a great character but I'd not say over exposed, he's been completely whored.

X-Men 1, 2 3, Wolverine, Wolverine & The X-Men, Hulk vs Wolverine (which had an enjoyable Deadpool voiced by Nolan North), who knows how many comics going on, the games, Wolverine 2 and let's not forget the cameo possibilities in Deadpool, First Class, Magento (if they get around to it).

It's not really the X franchise they care about, it's Wolverine which is a disgrace to X-Men and fans when we need to deal with Wolverine for the majority of the movies. It makes me glad they killed off Xavier, Cyclops and Jean. Having them on screen was just a waste of three paychecks. If only Halle Berry realised that it's a waste of time getting more Storm time vs Wolverine and have her killed off.

sigpic

Comment

At least the animated Wolverine and the X-Men decided to actually put Wolverine in the title to let people know it is full of him.

My mom rented Wolverine today (I was going to buy it on Blu-Ray, I hate renting....I like to buy stuff.) so I will be able to finally watch it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                At least the animated Wolverine and the X-Men decided to actually put Wolverine in the title to let people know it is full of him.

My mom rented Wolverine today (I was going to buy it on Blu-Ray, I hate renting....I like to buy stuff.) so I will be able to finally watch it soon.
                                That's a good point but I think putting Wolverine in the title and giving making him the main character is a further example of whoring Wolverine. They couldn't have it made more about Wolverine unless they named it "Wolverine" and made it a one man show.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X