Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Wolverine"?

That sounds....dumb.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      "The Wolverine"?

That sounds....dumb.
      I kinda like it.

Comment

"The Wolverine"?
        That sounds....dumb.
        Sounds almost as bad as The Dark Knight Returns (to The Box Office).
        But the movie itself should be better than the first.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          Sounds almost as bad as The Dark Knight Returns (to The Box Office).
          But the movie itself should be better than the first.
          Er....isn't Batman 3 titled "The Dark Knight Rises"?

"The Dark Knight Returns" is a Frank Miller graphic novel
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It's a poor title, regardless of it's status as a sequel, a prequel or an interquel, the title The Wolverine just sounds bad, especially when they've already used "Wolverine" as a title.

I think they've got a of Batman going here, when Batman was called The Batman during his early years before people just called him Batman. I doubt Logan is going to go around and hear "oh no, it's The Wolverine". Just doesn't have that same ring to it as, "oh no, it's the Batman".

sigpic

Comment

Er....isn't Batman 3 titled "The Dark Knight Rises"?
              "The Dark Knight Returns" is a Frank Miller graphic novel
              Titles're so bad, I'm getting them mixed up...
              The Dark Knight Rises (at The Box Office).
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Seems The Wolverine will now be filmed in Australia as the Japan tsunami stopped filming from taking place in Japan and allowed Hugh Jackman to star in Les Mis.

Comment

Does that mean no storyline in Japan? I love it when Wolverine was in Japan.

Comment

It will be the same storyline, they will just film it in Australia. It would be better to do it in Japan but I guess it is maybe even cheaper in Australia?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      Does that mean no storyline in Japan? I love it when Wolverine was in Japan.
                      they might do a second one about Japan
                      sigpic
                      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                        It will be the same storyline, they will just film it in Australia. It would be better to do it in Japan but I guess it is maybe even cheaper in Australia?
                        what do you mean by that
                        sigpic
                        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                          They are filming it in Australia as Japan was hit by the tsunami.
                          I think they are planning to use green screen.

Comment

Wow, talk about thread resurrection... 2010... Anyway, what's wrong with the title? The Wolverine, it tells X-Men fans what the movie is about, and it draws in new people who aren't really X-Men fans per say. Think about it, if you like Hugh Jackman, want to see an action movie, and like "Wolverine" but not necessarily the X-Men, then the title fits quite well.

To those who dislike the title, can you do better? Personally, this flows far better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Comment

I watched it with my sis again this weekend and I kinda liked it more, I'm not sure what's all the fuzz it is about being bad, sure it's not as good as the first two X-Men or to say the least the first Class movie, but it was certainly better than the last stand, and I liked here the character wolverine even more than in the trilogy movie, too bad they stopped making a magneto movie, I think that would have worked better... Maybe.
                              sigpic

Comment

They did make the Magneto movie, it was the whole Magneto plot in First Class. Instead of simply the Charles/Erik duo, they added the formation of the X-Men and capped it off with the formation of the Brotherhood.

Comment

Working...
                                X