X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where the hell are my dvds.... damn amazon uk peoples -.-
    sigpic

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is a curse.I just lost my favourite character Faraday,now I lost Jacob as I had lost Locke,Michael,Boone and Keamy!

Guess I'll have to take Radzinsky.

Damn It.He's dead too.Made suicide 20 years later.

Guess then it's Hurley.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 December 2009, 12:32 PM.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
        NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is a curse.I just lost my favourite character Faraday,now I lost Jacob as I had lost Locke,Michael,Boone and Keamy!
        You don't know that Jacob is dead.

I personally believe that Jacob and the man in black represent Good and Evil and as such neither one could directly kill the other. Hence, Evil appearing as Locke and manipulating Ben to the point where Ben kills him. Since the general consensus in literature and fiction is that good can't be killed, Jacob will come back. Likewise evil can be eradicated meaning that the man in black will be going away.
        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
          well, it looks like the statue is indeed Taweret, atleast according to ABC's episode synopsis for the final episode...there was also a puzzle in wired magazine that was edited by J.J. Abrams...when solved the puzzle reads

T H E F O U
          R T O E D S
          T A T U E I S
          T A W E R E T

still though, the statue looks nothing like Taweret...it resemembles Sobek more then it does Taweret...
          Regardless of what it looks like, if TPTB have declared it to be Taweret, its Taweret.

Comment

I might point out that while Juliet may end up 'dead' due to the bomb, that there have been instances of the 'dead' being seen on the island. I did really, really like her.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
              I might point out that while Juliet may end up 'dead' due to the bomb, that there have been instances of the 'dead' being seen on the island. I did really, really like her.
              I'll be honest, I hated her.

I felt a hydrogen bomb blowing up in her face was a fitting end to this terrible character.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                I'll be honest, I hated her.

I felt a hydrogen bomb blowing up in her face was a fitting end to this terrible character.
                I loved her...

Comment

I loved her...
                  but i hated her...

Comment

but i hated her...
                    i loved her too
                    sigpic

Comment

That was awesome!
                      sigpic

Comment

but i hated her...
                        Shut up you Smoke Monster.
                        Last edited by HAL2100; 20 March 2010, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Shut up you Smoke Monster.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure who died, but all I know is this - WOW, what a great cliffhanger. Is Locke dead? You would think he is because that John Locke ain't the John Locke I know.

As for Juliette - how could she survive that blast being that close?

Wow! Can't wait till I purchase season 6 in a few weeks.
                            - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                              That book that Jacob was reading when Locke fell was all about redemption. It was Everything that rises must converge, by Flannery O'Conner. Redemption is a religious concept referring to forgiveness or absolution for past sins and protection from eternal damnation, generally through sacrifice.

Thinking about all the 815 people that died, they all died after they had been redeemed and some had made sacrifices. You look at Eko, Lilly, Shannon, Boone, Michael, Ann Lucia and Charlie they all changed for the good before they died. Eko started out a killer and drug lord but finally went down the path of God and made ammends with his brother and then he was allowed to die, he wasn't allowed to die to polar bears, or the smoke monster, or to an exploding hatch because he was not fully redeemed yet. Charlie was a drug addict and actually died when Ethan choked him to death but Charlie had not redeemed himself yet so the island brought him back. Charlie later on redeemed himself then when he saved Desmond and turned off the jamming switch in the looking glass. When this happened Charlie had become a better person and he was allowed to die. The same with Michael he wanted to kill himself many times for what he had done but the island would not let him die. He was not able to die until he saved the people on the ship, then he was allowed to die after his redemption. Shannon was a selfish person who only cared about herself. She never really loved anyone, she just used people. When she finally fell in love for real with Sayid and she finally had responsibility by caring for Walt and his dog she was redeemed and then she was shot and killed. The list goes on and on. Redemption is a huge theme.
                              Excellent analysis here. That does seem to make sense. Are you saying those still alive need to find redemption?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                                I love, love, love the Jacob / Esau (for lack of his real name) dynamic. They've introduced an over-arching Good vs. Evil theme, and completely cast the last five years in a new light by revealing that there are two competing "people" behind what we've always called "the Island."

"Esau" has wanted to kill Jacob for over 100 years, perhaps centuries before that. They lived on the island together, probably alone at first. But there are rules he must follow -- apparently including the fact that he can't kill him directly. So he finally finds a "loophole," manipulating someone else to kill Jacob for him. A lot of the past five years have been about Esau's manipulation of Ben/Locke/Richard/etc. to use them to finally get to Jacob.

The Others follow Jacob, perhaps even worship him. He is "the Island," to them -- His Will Be Done. He is "the one who watches over us all." (Who knows if they even know a competing force exists on the island!)

I think that Esau is the Smoke Monster. He's the evil force on the island, the yang to Jacob's yin. He's been taking the form of loved ones for years, to manipulate them -- Yemi, Boone, Alex, perhaps he's even Christian (after Jacob leaves the cabin). He gets Locke to sacrifice himself, gets him killed, replaces him when he comes back on Ajira 316, and uses Alex's image to convince Ben to do whatever "Locke" says.

So my question for Season Six: Is Jacob dead?

If he's some kind of immortal (at least very long-lived), can he be killed by stabbing him and setting him on fire? (Esau seems to think that'll be enough.)

And if he was killed in 2007, does that change by the detonation of the bomb ... assuming that does manage to change the timeline.

I think the plan does work, but something totally different than the Swan station still causes 815 to crash on the island in 2004 (Season Six). Jacob is back alive, and some people (at least Jacob and Esau, if not several of the Losties as well) are aware of the past timeline that has been changed.
                                Unless I'm missing something, wasn't this blast supposed to reset everything as if it never happened? Thus, I'm assuming EVERYONE will be alive, including John Locke. Am I out there on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X