X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ffffffffuuuuuu

Comment

Wow!

Someone care to explain the loophole to me? I was stunned to see 'Living Locke' in the foot of the statue and 'Dead Locke' fall out of the box outside the foot at the statue, all in the present time line.

I hate that Juliet died. That really shocked me. To be honest, I wanted Kate to 'kick the bucket', as it were. I hate Kate.

I guess we can basically sum up that most of the statue was destroyed by the 'Jughead' bomb.

This is quite possibly the best episode to date. The writing was absolutly superb. Why couldn't Damien Lindelof and J.J. Abrams have got the same quality, writing wise, in the latest Trek film?
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post

Wow!

Someone care to explain the loophole to me? I was stunned to see 'Living Locke' in the foot of the statue and 'Dead Locke' fall out of the box outside the foot at the statue, all in the present time line.
        At first I was annoyed when they opened up the crate the first time, as I had the suspecion they were going to keep this a secret over several episodes, thanfully we get to see what is in the box.

I hate that Juliet died. That really shocked me. To be honest, I wanted Kate to 'kick the bucket', as it were. I hate Kate.
        But is she dead? We see she has fallen down a deep hole, is injured, but never dead. From now until next year anything, and I mean anything could change. They very well could write it in that she will survive, the island will heal her. Or she could never be seen again. Sadly we have to wait 8 months + to be sure.

I guess we can basically sum up that most of the statue was destroyed by the 'Jughead' bomb.
        We really don't know that yet, as we never saw the statue in 1977. Prior the brief glimpse shown gave us no time coordinates. And the begining of this episode gives us the idea the statue was whole several hundred years ago. It is a good assumption, but with Lost we never know.

This is quite possibly the best episode to date. The writing was absolutly superb. Why couldn't Damien Lindelof and J.J. Abrams have got the same quality, writing wise, in the latest Trek film?
        Just saw the Trek film..meh, it's for kids. The only character I enjoyed seeing was Karl Urban's Bones. The rest of the cast just bored me, I had no interest whether they lived or died.

Comment

Wow!

Remember what the guy who was talking to Jacob said at the start of part 1... That he wanted to kill Jacob, but needed to find a loophole.

The loophole was that he took Locke's form, to convince someone to kill Jacob... as he himself was unable.

Nope, series reset (hopefully)

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
            At first I was annoyed when they opened up the crate the first time, as I had the suspecion they were going to keep this a secret over several episodes, thanfully we get to see what is in the box.

But is she dead? We see she has fallen down a deep hole, is injured, but never dead. From now until next year anything, and I mean anything could change. They very well could write it in that she will survive, the island will heal her. Or she could never be seen again. Sadly we have to wait 8 months + to be sure.

We really don't know that yet, as we never saw the statue in 1977. Prior the brief glimpse shown gave us no time coordinates. And the begining of this episode gives us the idea the statue was whole several hundred years ago. It is a good assumption, but with Lost we never know.

Just saw the Trek film..meh, it's for kids. The only character I enjoyed seeing was Karl Urban's Bones. The rest of the cast just bored me, I had no interest whether they lived or died.
            well she did set off a nuclear weapon so i can't see how she lived

Comment

Anyone think that Anti-Jacob may have been the monster? He assumed the form of a dead person, which is something the monster does, and the monster itself told Ben to follow Locke's orders.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Well, well, well, what did we see..

Ben sticks the fork (knife) in,,, and Jacob is done?
                There are two Lockes (one dead and one alive).
                Juliet (lived after a small fall from hundreds of feet.) wacks the bomb and we see a bright light..
                Kate is still bi-polar
                Sawyer was bulldozed by different decisions and was not only told (asked) to do two different things, but had to flip-flop in his decisons only to loose his love Juliet.
                The 'new others' or other's oppisite newbies, with poor Lepetis the chopper pilot in tow, the casket with Locke's body are an enigma of new crazies on some quest where they will not let anyone get in their way.
                Richard is confused which is just plain wrong because he seemed like he knew everything.
                Everyone expects to be back to the beggining and not have any recolllection of the past that never was.
                The Dharama people have a bunch of crazies running it and the only sane one is Miles's father.
                Jack means well and we (well I do) think he did the right things.
                I am so sad for Sayid.
                Hugo has really been put through the ringer, and maybe ran out of Zingers.
                The timeline is so fractured, it looks like a mess.
                Ben is never out of the picture.

The Jacob twist:
                What happened to Jacob's friend? I was thinking (as Jacob was with his friend ont he beach and they were chatting about some diffrences or arguement they were having), that maybe Jacob's friend (or whoever was with him on the island) took the form of Locke and made his way back to Jacob. Locke is really dead. Which leads me to think Jacob and his friend can actually take the form of other persons dead or alive and they are playing some game out or arguement. Maybe this has been playing out throughout the ages. Maybe they are very, very old, have some super powers, and sometimes others get near them, come to their island and become tangled in this wild superbeing fight between those two beings. (human beings?).

Jacob does some very evil things with his mild pleasing manner about him.

Very interested to hear what others think.. about the season finale.
                Last edited by retiredat44; 14 May 2009, 09:37 AM.
                My Story:
                http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

So overall a very interesting episode.

I will all my thoughts on both episodes here.

So Jakub and bloke 2 has been having some sought of rivlry with t us humans cannot resist using the island power for our own personnel gains. Which the other bloke proven time an again that is all us humans will ever do. An plus he wants Jakub dead but big boss said he could not do it directly an so let the looking for loopholes begin.

So Jakob bought the egyptions here and they use it the island for personal gains, what I do not know what for, perhaps the pharaohs us it to maintain there power, obviously they rename Jakub and Man 2 in the image of there godsm, an so Jakob lost his bet. Then he bought the Black rock to the island and man 2 bought the captain and perhaps the crew off with immortality.
                  Then the Dharma under command Horrance to prove his theories of electro magneticism was correct and the power that is contained in there to harvest for his own ambitions.

Not sure why he bought the marines aboard, but again man 2 one the bet because they simply there to gain more power and a new weapon testing range out side the soviets spying abilities.

And so flight 315, crash land a other lot of people on the island for Jakub to try and win his little deal once and for all. And this time I think he found the people who are not going to used the power of the island for selfesh reasons.

As to what the bomb at the end does have not got a clue, I am guesting they will be drag back into the past before Ben and Lock 2 little murder spree began. But they will remember all that has happen an someone will take them back to the island, but this time right time zone to defeat lock 2.

They are coming I persuming they are his last throw of the dice to win the bet, in that being Hurly, Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Juliet and syid. Who got to kill lock and overthrow richard and defeat bloke 2 and the statue people. Who all in some way just want to use the island for there own power.

Rose and Bernard was cool, calm and both been out smarting Sawyer for three years. They have live in luxury, with little to worry about, and so what the hell are they hiding and they had to have help from someone of something, I just do not believe they are as comfortable as it seem.

Glad Vincent showed up. He probably the only thing on the island that knows what going and he well he obviously cannot tell us.
                  Last edited by knowles2; 14 May 2009, 08:55 AM.

Comment

The episode was good, but very confusing.

First, the bomb was leaking radiation, so pulling the core from the shielding will only radiate more. In all likelihood they all should have had symptoms of radiation exposure within 2 hours.

The requirement for the sedatives on the sub is confusing, perhaps people need to be asleep to pass through the islands barrier to prevent the psychosis that we see that happens (Faradays path)

I don't think Sayid is the body in the pit with the Horris suit on, we saw during the cleansing that Horris was dead and laying in a park bench reading a book. Plus the cleansing occurs 20 years later.

I do think that Miles hit the nail on the head, the direct actions of Jack seem to cause everything to happen like it did. Jack could have changed Ben by saving him, but he didn't and now Ben becomes "Ben". Jack went for the bomb, the direct EMP wave created by a nuclear blast "could" counter the energy pocket, perhaps the shell that the pocket is in now contains two contrasting EMP signatures and that constant "battle" requires the systematic venting of the pressure inside occasionally (pushing the buttons), by not pushing the buttons the two forces increase in pressure until the natural force wins and causes a cascading failure which forced the h-bomb wave out and caused the 315 flight to crash.

By not setting off the bomb, the energy could probably be contained again and redirected or controlled (again, another button, but maybe not on a timer)

Jacob touched everyone, and he gave Hugo a guitar case. We still don't know what is in the case. I think this will be a crucial piece of information in the coming season. Jacob knew that Anti-Locke was going to find the loophole with the dead-Locke. So he visited all of the Losties and left parts of himself with each of them. They will all somehow get back together and bring Jacob back.

In the mean time, Anti-Jacob will try to kill off everyone on the island. I think Ben will be the first people to be killed next season. Now that AL has used him as he wanted to, there is no use for him.

I was glad to see Rose and Bernard, I wondered what happened to them. but we still don't know what happened to the remaining Others and the children that were sent to the Temple. I don't think the statue was The Temple, there must be something else.

Comment

Here is my take on it.

Jacob was the man white. The other guy was dressed in black, he could be Esau from the bible. They were brothers and Esau vows to kill Jacob in Gen 27:41 and the same thing happened here. The white and black shirts were big hint at the good vs evil conflict. It seemed that at the beginning they were in paradise and they were testing men by bringing them to paradise and seeing if they would live in harmony. Jacob believes that man can "make progress" and change while the other guy feels like man will never change and always create chaos. Thus Jacob brings people to the island to prove his point while the other guy is looking for a "loop hole" to kill Jacob. The island is some heavenly place and people can only be brought there.

Backgammon was the game that Lock taught Walt in the season 1 PILOT. The producers were telling us right there that it was a game of good vs evil. In his explanation it was: The oldest game in the world, older than Jesus Christ. Dice made of bones = dice are people? There are 2 players and 2 sides. One is light, one is dark. That sounds like the whole show in a nutshell

I don't believe that Jacob is dead. He seemed to set everything up so it would happen like it did. He knew that the guy in black would be wearing Locke's skin and would try and get Ben to kill him. We're going to see the battle between good and evil next season.

Comment

the good vs evil battle is a good theory...back in life a death of jeremy bentham, Widmore tells Locke that a war is coming and that if locke doesn't return to the island, the wrong side will win...i guess he's referring to this battle between good and evil...since he says that if locke doesn't return to the island, the wrong side will win, we can assume that the side locke is on will be the winning side..

i wonder if Widmore knew that Locke would die and Jacob's pal would take his place...if thats the case then Widmore could be helping Jacob's pal as a way to get revenge against Jacob for banishing him from the island...

you know, the incident was suppose to help us understand what direction the show is heading, but the only thing it did was make things a hell of alot more confusing...

Comment

That book that Jacob was reading when Locke fell was all about redemption. It was Everything that rises must converge, by Flannery O'Conner. Redemption is a religious concept referring to forgiveness or absolution for past sins and protection from eternal damnation, generally through sacrifice.

Thinking about all the 815 people that died, they all died after they had been redeemed and some had made sacrifices. You look at Eko, Lilly, Shannon, Boone, Michael, Ann Lucia and Charlie they all changed for the good before they died. Eko started out a killer and drug lord but finally went down the path of God and made ammends with his brother and then he was allowed to die, he wasn't allowed to die to polar bears, or the smoke monster, or to an exploding hatch because he was not fully redeemed yet. Charlie was a drug addict and actually died when Ethan choked him to death but Charlie had not redeemed himself yet so the island brought him back. Charlie later on redeemed himself then when he saved Desmond and turned off the jamming switch in the looking glass. When this happened Charlie had become a better person and he was allowed to die. The same with Michael he wanted to kill himself many times for what he had done but the island would not let him die. He was not able to die until he saved the people on the ship, then he was allowed to die after his redemption. Shannon was a selfish person who only cared about herself. She never really loved anyone, she just used people. When she finally fell in love for real with Sayid and she finally had responsibility by caring for Walt and his dog she was redeemed and then she was shot and killed. The list goes on and on. Redemption is a huge theme.

Comment

anyone else think Jacob's pal somehow has some kinda control over the smoke monster? the smoke monster manifested itself to Ben in the form of his dead daughter...she then told Ben to follow everything that Locke (jacob's pal) says....Locke (jacobs pal) then tells Ben that he has to kill Jacob because Locke (jacobs pal) couldn't do it himself...

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                              But is she dead? We see she has fallen down a deep hole, is injured, but never dead. From now until next year anything, and I mean anything could change.
                              This is where TV/storytelling logic has to take over. You don't give someone a send off like that where they heroically sacrifice themselves and everyone grieves over them, and then take it back. She got the Charlie death. You can't waste those.

Then there's the TV industry logic. You don't let your stars go to film a pilot for a new show unless their character is dead, or you think your show is getting canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
                                anyone else think Jacob's pal somehow has some kinda control over the smoke monster? the smoke monster manifested itself to Ben in the form of his dead daughter...she then told Ben to follow everything that Locke (jacob's pal) says....Locke (jacobs pal) then tells Ben that he has to kill Jacob because Locke (jacobs pal) couldn't do it himself...
                                Yeah, I'm kinda assuming the cave drawing from "Dead is Dead" is representative of the mystery guy and the smoke monster as his pet. Since we found out that the statue wasn't Anubus, even though the cave drawing was.

Comment

Working...
                                X