The Incident, Part 2 (517)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
    i'm actually starting to think that they did indeed reset things so to speak...i hate to say this, but i think its pretty clear...Juliet did die when she hit the hydrogen bomb...you dont have a death that emotional and then go and undo it when the new season comes around...however she is listed as appearing in season 6...if they did indeed reset things, Juliet is still an Other in Dharmaville and that could explain her appearing...but i dont think she'll remember anything that happened and here's why..

Jacob made visit's to each of the losies at certain points in there lives...when visiting each losties he makes it a point to touch them atleast once...at first i thought he touched a few indirectly (jack and sayid and sawyer) but he does actually touch them...the producers made it a point to show us this...the only lost character he didn't touch was Juliet...

i'm thinking that touch makes the losties immune to the reset and somehow they remember everything..Juliet wasn't touched so she wont remember...i'm also thinking Desmond is immune due to the rules of time not appling to him (according to daniel)...when season 6 starts, we'll learn that things have been reset, the Incident was caused by the losties and the plane does crash again...the only difference is Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, Hurley, and Jin and Sun remember everything...
    Dang. I think you're probably right, or very close to being right. But when do you think they would be "reset" to? After the Oceanic plane crash, I assume, but before their attempt to leave the Island, maybe? Hmm.

now i'm not sure about Locke though...i'd like to think that the Locke we've known since the beginining of lost will be back and not Jacob's pal in his body, but i'm not sure...
    Well, we watched Jacob physically touch/heal Locke after that fall out of the window... so, if there is a reset of some form, I'm guessing that Locke would just come back again just like the other seven characters, with all his previous memories intact, etc. (?) Very interesting ideas, at any rate.
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Definitely a memorable season finale!

If the ones Jacob touched are the only ones to remember, that is extremely disappointing, seeing as all the relationships, all the love, hate, resilience, pain, redemption... all of that between all of the characters over the years will be nullified, and that is almost as bad as saying "it was all a dream".

On the bright side, I'm guessing the reset means we'll be seeing several characters we thought gone forever be back and at it again.

Was also surprised to discover the statue was not Anubis as first thought, but rather that of Taweret, the Egyptian goddess of fertility. Not sure where that fits into all this though.

2010... the final season of LOST forever...
      sigpic

Comment

I thought the consensus was the statue was Sobek.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

i enjoyed it i am starteing to feel i understand lost after 5 years can't wait for the next and the last season
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            I thought the consensus was the statue was Sobek.
            As did i

Was Jin's 'almost death' not emotional? I think you all have forgotten...
            When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Perhaps the statue was still intact during the Dharma Initiative's stay and it was the bomb going off that made it look like it does in Lost's present time???

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil View Post
                Perhaps the statue was still intact during the Dharma Initiative's stay and it was the bomb going off that made it look like it does in Lost's present time???
                thats possible...when Sun asked Ben what happened to the rest of the statue, Ben replied that it was like that when he got to the island...Sun then says "do you really expect me to believe that" and Ben replies by saying guess not...

which seems to imply that the statue was in 1 piece when Ben got to the island and he was lying when he said it was like that when he got there...

the bomb going off could have also made the huge crater on the southern end of the island (dont have a map of the island at the moment)...

Comment

Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have claimed that season 6 will feel very much like season 1....so its possible that there was some kinda soft reset ....at what point the reset takes place is anyones guess...

Comment

which seems to imply that the statue was in 1 piece when Ben got to the island and he was lying when he said it was like that when he got there...
                    It doesn't really imply that to me. I just took it as Sun expressing her distrust of Ben in general.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

the bomb going off could have also made the huge crater on the southern end of the island (dont have a map of the island at the moment)...
                      Considering that the bomb went off where the hatch from season 1 was, I don't think it made too much of a crater, unless the whole area was an overgrown crater and we just didn't see it.

EDIT: Sorry read you comment as "a huge crater", not "the huge crater". What crater are you talking about?
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        I thought he meant the Dharma 8 were coming back to the present. The people carrying Locke's body doesn't really fit for me because they were technically already there.
                        I didn't for a moment think about anything/anyone other than those outside. However, given the ambiguity of Jack and The Gang being back with the Dharma Initiative pre-purge something obviously had to happen to them - either they were killed in the nuclear blast, survived and kill at some other time or transported back to their real time. However, there's still Richards (vague) comment that he saw them all killed.
                        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                          Considering that the bomb went off where the hatch from season 1 was, I don't think it made too much of a crater, unless the whole area was an overgrown crater and we just didn't see it.

EDIT: Sorry read you comment as "a huge crater", not "the huge crater". What crater are you talking about?

O is the crater i'm talking about..it doesn't look like a natural volcanic crater...i'm not exactly sure, but i think the hatch should be close to there....

Comment

well, it looks like the statue is indeed Taweret, atleast according to ABC's episode synopsis for the final episode...there was also a puzzle in wired magazine that was edited by J.J. Abrams...when solved the puzzle reads

T H E F O U
                            R T O E D S
                            T A T U E I S
                            T A W E R E T

still though, the statue looks nothing like Taweret...it resemembles Sobek more then it does Taweret...

Comment

As I recall, wasn't there a section of the Swan that was behind a concrete and showed some signs of radiation? If so the presumption that detonating a nuclear device would change things was all wrong.

Also, given that the well shaft is a shaft, its entirely possible that it contained the force of the blast.
                              The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

if i remember correctly, on the game lost via domus behind the concrete wall in the "incident room" there is a massive reactor that look like 2 large electromagnetic coils over what looks to be the well we saw in the season finale...those electromagnetic coils are probably what keeps the electromagnetic energy at bay...

now the game isn't considered canon but, the reactor designs are the lost creators intended layout if they had planned on showing it...

Comment

Working...
                                X