No announcement yet.

The Incident, Part 2 (517)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That side view of the statue looked a little different than Anubis but i thought it still was. Maybe Anti-Anubis?

I got that this was the end of time (at least in this universe). All the drama goes down, then something happens that resets it all to zero and the drama starts again. As jacob states, progress is made each time toward a different ending. This could be to stop the bomb from being thrown in because, seemed pretty obvious to me, this little 'incident' could very well be the cause of the 'big bang'. Why not destroy this universe but at the same time create another? This 'metallic black hole' combined with a nuclear reaction seems to mix with me for a formula to the big bang. I mean, if the show resets next year this really seems to fit.

Then next season we will see all of the same characters but they wont be the same we've come to know and love.

Last, who thinks the entity that possessed Christian and other dead people was in Locke? I dont know about that one..would explain quite a bit though.
    When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

Was the touch some sort of "tagging," a part of bringing them to the island?
      that what i was thinking too. or if jacob was something religious, maybe a tagging of protection (for what was to happen in the future)?

and who's eye was shown in the very last scene?

such a great show.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
        That side view of the statue looked a little different than Anubis but i thought it still was. Maybe Anti-Anubis?

I got that this was the end of time (at least in this universe). All the drama goes down, then something happens that resets it all to zero and the drama starts again. As jacob states, progress is made each time toward a different ending. This could be to stop the bomb from being thrown in because, seemed pretty obvious to me, this little 'incident' could very well be the cause of the 'big bang'. Why not destroy this universe but at the same time create another? This 'metallic black hole' combined with a nuclear reaction seems to mix with me for a formula to the big bang. I mean, if the show resets next year this really seems to fit.

Then next season we will see all of the same characters but they wont be the same we've come to know and love.

Last, who thinks the entity that possessed Christian and other dead people was in Locke? I dont know about that one..would explain quite a bit though.
        From what I've read on other sites, the general thought is that the statue is Sobek

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobek

Comment

Originally posted by JayShadow View Post
          This is where TV/storytelling logic has to take over. You don't give someone a send off like that where they heroically sacrifice themselves and everyone grieves over them, and then take it back. She got the Charlie death. You can't waste those.
          but i'm hoping juliet's not dead.

and i'm wondering if with hurley bringing the guitar case with him, jacob was knowing charlie wasn't 'dead' dead?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
            From what I've read on other sites, the general thought is that the statue is Sobek

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobek

Sobek's ambiguous nature led some Egyptians to believe that he was a repairer of evil that had been done, rather than a force for good in itself, for example, going to Duat to restore damage done to the dead as a result of their form of death. He was also said to call on suitable gods and goddesses required for protecting people in situation, effectively having a more distant role, nudging things along, rather than taking an active part.

that is from the wiki page you posted...that actually sounds alot like Jacob...

Comment

Review: Lost 5.16: "The Incident"

Overall, this episode was another jam-packed and thought-provoking season finale, tying together aspects of the series' mythology going back to the early first season while setting the perfect stage for the sixth and final season. As always, the long wait between seasons will be hard to bear.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                that what i was thinking too. or if jacob was something religious, maybe a tagging of protection (for what was to happen in the future)?

and who's eye was shown in the very last scene?

such a great show.
                If you're talking about the season six preview, my guess is Jack's...
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Kinda looked like Bens...but probably was Jacks
                  When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                    That was awesome. We finally get to see who Jacob is and then just like that...
                    I thought Juliet's fall was an incredible scene but then there was that last scene.
                    Finally got to see Jack and Sawyer throw down... awesome.

I gotta say it's nice they finally give us the answer to the question "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" - Anybody care to translate?!

Who is Anti-Jacob? I got a feeling he's the good one.
                    So that's where all that stuff sticking out of the walls in the Swan came from...
                    I could've sworn Miles was gonna die when he was saving Chang.
                    Loved the scene with Ben, Jacob and Anti-Jacob.
                    KA-BOOM! see ya next season...

I liked the way they inverted the closing logo... looks like they're gonna use that next season.

Spoiler:
                    I'll bet anything it was Jack's eye opening in the season 6 preview.
                    yeah I like the part where Juliet survives a several 100m fall. lol

btw what's the deal with this "anti-jacob" ? they never mention such a thing in the ep
                    (unless you're referring to Jacob's comrade whom we see on the island right at the beginning of the ep but iirc they never made him out to be jacob's enemy)

but my favourite part was when both Jack and Juliet based their decisions to detonate the nukes on what, love interests ? Jack says he wants to go boom because he "lost her". Juliet says she changed her mind because of the way Sawyer "looked at her". apparently blowing up a nuke is such a trivial thing that it's ok to let mere affairs of the heart decide on the matter. bloody hell, they were acting like kids :/

though Sawyer's attitude wasn't much more commendable either - he didn't wanna undo previous events just because he was ok with his life (he never lost anyone close to him on the island so it's easy for him to say)
                    I can understand being reserved about messing with the timeline, but this is about averting something that shouldn't have happened in the 1st place. plus all the losties would be brought back to life if this worked, so where's the harm ? if anything to only real loser would be Kate as she would still be a prisoner (if that's what irked Sawyer then that's count #3 - first Jack then Juliet then Sawyer, whose decisions all revolved around Kate. damn this lass is quite a trouble-maker -)

Comment

btw how exactly do they expect to "destroy energy" by adding more energy ? (especially in such a random manner as an explosion). even if energy can somehow counter energy the chances of this happening using such a method are infinitesimal (and that's an understatement). plus since the energy being countered is continuous (as far as we know), the energy used to *somehow* cancel it out would have to be continuous as well (in other words something more akin to a nuclear plant, not a bomb)

Comment

I gotta say it's nice they finally give us the answer to the question "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" - Anybody care to translate?!
                        it's Ancient. here's the translation :
                        Spoiler:
                        you'll find out next season, in 8 months

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                        Other then that, I really feel sorry for the original locke. We'll most likely never get him back, and we've lost a good character.
                        Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        is locke really dead, or is the body in the casket thingie just his shell?
                        my thought too, the live Locke is the original (since he retains the memories) and the corpse is just a corpse

maybe he's ascended

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                          (unless you're referring to Jacob's comrade whom we see on the island right at the beginning of the ep but iirc they never made him out to be jacob's enemy)
                          Um, he said he wanted to kill Jacob, that's not generally something friends do. Also he has been the Locke we have seen this season, as real Locke is quite dead.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Its latin and it was He who will protect us.

Comment

My thoughts for what they're worth:

Our Locke is dead. The Locke we see alive is a manifestation of the smoke monster. It chose Locke early on which is why Locke was never afraid of it, and thought it was beautiful and the reason it chose him was to find the loophole to destroy Jacob.

I also have to wonder if Ilana isn't Nadia, with facial reconstruction. Right after we saw her get hit, she asked Sayid to take her home. Next thing we're in a "field type" hospital, people speak a foreign language that's not latin based (Iraqi maybe?), a woman around the same size/frame as Nadia is lying there with bandages all over her face, Jacob ask her to help him, and we know that she was responsible for bringing Sayid back to the island.

Also, I don't really know that Juliet is dead, anymore than Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Sayid, Miles and Jin are dead. If the bomb went off, then they're all dead in that time period, but did it reset as Faraday theorized and send the all back to the future?

All in all, I found this episode to be fascinating, leaving many thoughts to ponder. I can't wait for Season 6 either.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                                Um, he said he wanted to kill Jacob,
                                I don't remember that
                                Also he has been the Locke we have seen this season, as real Locke is quite dead.
                                how d'you figure ? the live Locke has all the memories of the dead one (we also see it when he wakes up/resurrects) so the live one is the real one. the dead one is just a former clone uh I mean shell (a bit like asgards after they transfer hehe)

Comment

Working...
                                X