No announcement yet.

Five Years Gone (120)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sincerely doubt Hiro (or Peter) can bounce between realities. That would make Hiro's very cool power kind of cheesy. And if true, all Hiro would have to do is keep jumping around until he finds a "good" future and then ask someone (maybe himself) how they managed to get where they are.

Comment

I'm not saying its true, just something to think about
      It would be cheesy indeed. Could also make things way over complicated, haha.
      Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post
        The only minor problem I have is that the timeline is getting just plain wacky. Was Clair always alive in the future, or did Future Hiro merely not know she was in hiding when he begun his past-altering machinations? How could Mohinder remember Peter talking about meeting Future Hiro on the subway if that event was supposed to take place in the "fixed" timeline?
        I believe she was always alive in that future. And mohinder heard that aswell. If I think abotu it it shouldnt make much difference in saving clair because Syler didnt explode peter did, and future hiro thought it was syler.

Comment

Claire was dead in the original future timeline. Sylar regenerated after Hiro stabbed him in the original timeline because he took Claire's brain. Futre Hiro changed that, making Sylar vulnerable to a sword attack from Hiro.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
            I think people who think Peter is the bomb the *first* time around has missed the fact that if the future Hiro didn't tell Peter about "Save the cheerleader, save the world" he will never have met Ted. He'd be in New York, Claire would be dead, and the only reason he'd survive is probably his close proximity to Sylar when the bomb gone off the first time.
            That seems like a pretty large leap in logic to say future Hiro's message causes Peter to meet Ted. I don't see how not saving Claire would keep Peter from meeting Ted since we don't know how the events would have played out in that timeline after her death. Ted is on his way to New York right now. Peter still hasn't met Ted and we don't know yet exactly how he does. None of that really has anything to do with Claire being dead or alive. Ted still would have been looking for Bennet, and Bennet could still try to take the company down with Ted's help after Claire's death. Or if Sylar had gotten Ted somehow first, then Peter could have gotten both Ted and Claire's power from Sylar and been the one to not control it and explode. Even before meeting Hiro he was trying to seek out others, so he wouldn't have just been minding his own business hanging around New York.

Comment

I wish they'd put more restriction on the "time travel/stopping time" ability. It's way too ridiculously powerful! Everytime they don't use it, we'll always be asking "why didn't he just stop time/teleport/go back in time and kill Syler as a baby?"
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Actually I'm wondering about Issac's last 9th Wonder comic 'Hiro in the Future' that 'Future Hiro' seemed to be using as a basis for his time mapping.

Supposedly it shows how to kill Sylar But I can't help wondering why Issas made such a point of giving away his scetchbook to that messenger.

Maybe the real way to beat Sylar isn't in the comic but in that scetchbook instead?

"It matters little how we die,
                so long as we die better men
                than we imagined we could be -
                and no worse than we feared."

Comment

I think he gave the messenger his sketchbook because he knew he (Isaac) was going to die and that the messenger dude would really appreciate it. If he wanted to make sure the sketches got into the right hands, he would have sent them to Peter or someone. Or left it wrapped up in the studio for Hiro to find. But the comic is something that will be easily accessible to multiple people, but particularly Hiro, whom he knows is a fan. Plus of course the comic book shows Hiro stabbing Sylar. Seems a bit clue-like.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
                    I'm not sure it's always active b/c if you remember back in Chapter 5, at the beginning Bennet and The Haitian are chasing Nathan and when they get to the fence and seemingly have him cornered, he up and flies away. If the Haitian's power is always active, Nathan wouldn't have been able to fly. Unless, that's a writing oversight.
                    No, I think the Haitian chooses to activate his power, jsut lke all the other hroes. Thus, he activated it on Sylar but not on Eden; on Hiro but not on Matt - and dind't activate it on Nathan, as he works for his mum.
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      ...and dind't activate it on Nathan, as he works for his mum.
                      Do we know that for sure? I thought he worked for Eric Roberts and George Takei. Didn't think Mrs Petrelli was also part of that organization...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
                        Do we know that for sure? I thought he worked for Eric Roberts and George Takei. Didn't think Mrs Petrelli was also part of that organization...
                        She might not be a part of the organization, but he seems to work for her independently of the organization since he was trying to smuggler Claire out of the country on her behalf.

Comment

I think the idea of Sylar being the bomb was always part of the bomb's speculative history. As others have said, it could be one of 3 individuals and now that Hiro has "interfered" with the "original" timeline, the possibilities have been blown wide open.

What an amazing episode... but pretty dark all round. Our favourite characters have become world weary, angry and victims of circumstances. I think less of this being a time travel episode than a bleak homage to It's A Wonderful Life. The episode seems to me to be about "what ifs". What if the bomb exploded? What if Sylar took political power through impersonating Nathan?

Interestingly enough, none of the older generation "powers" seem to be present in this episode. Which begs the question... did they die in the explosion, or were they systematically murdered by Sylar?

I myself am inclined to believe that none of the events in this episode will eventuate but I think we'll see a more intriguing one that includes the Primatech conspirators.

By the way, I loved the Matrix-esque look of the final moments... Peter, being Neo-like, I can live with...
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Remember the color of the energy that was pushing mohinda from the other side of the door, it started blue, representing Sylar and gradually became more and more red, its obvious, Peter kicked Sylar's @$$. Peter perhaps was so pissed when he found out Sylar killed his brother and was responsible for all the unrest and hatred towards specials, he perhaps thought of the only ability he could channel his anger through. How do you stop an exploding Man!!!!!

I absolutely hate Sylar, when he killed future Claire I wanted to rip out his entrails.

Comment

Originally posted by JayShadow View Post
                              That seems like a pretty large leap in logic to say future Hiro's message causes Peter to meet Ted. I don't see how not saving Claire would keep Peter from meeting Ted since we don't know how the events would have played out in that timeline after her death. Ted is on his way to New York right now. Peter still hasn't met Ted and we don't know yet exactly how he does. None of that really has anything to do with Claire being dead or alive. Ted still would have been looking for Bennet, and Bennet could still try to take the company down with Ted's help after Claire's death. Or if Sylar had gotten Ted somehow first, then Peter could have gotten both Ted and Claire's power from Sylar and been the one to not control it and explode. Even before meeting Hiro he was trying to seek out others, so he wouldn't have just been minding his own business hanging around New York.
                              Not really, I thought remember an episode where when Peter was taken to Jail, Ted was there also, so he would easily have gotten Ted power already (even if he doesn't know it). The fact is, he had that dream of he exploeded "after" he saved Claire and not before.

Furthermore, had Peter been the bomb the first time then he will mostly not available to see Future Hiro (I recall the future Hiro stating: Sorry, I didn't recognize you because of the scar??), since Claire was killed by Sylar and he wouldn't have learn his true power by seeking out Claude (so even if he exploded he wouldn't be able to regenerate). The logic is bigger leap, but never huge, they are based on the assumption of the journey he took "after" the revelation from future Hiro.

Comment

I agree with JayShadow.
                                Although its possible for Sylar to get Teds ability and become the bomb, there is no real logic showing that to be a possibility.
                                The whole series we have been told it will be Peter. Now in Five Years Gone we are told it was Sylar, but in the same episode they reveal that it was actually Peter and Sylar was just a scapegoat. We are led to believe that Sylar was always the scapegoat, because there is no evidence of it being Sylar in the original timeline except for Hiros word, but Hiro was lied to just like everyone else. To assume that isn't true without any proof to say otherwise is a large leap however you look at it.

Like assuming someone committed a murder because they own a gun, even though all the evidence points to someone else. Its possible, but highly unlikely. The fewer assumptions an explanation of a phenomenon depends on, the better it is. This is the way the show was written, if they intended for Sylar to have originally been the bomb, there would be some clear evidence of it already seeing as that timeline has come and gone.
                                Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Working...
                                X