Five Years Gone (120)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dammit Dammit DAMMIT!

WHY do they keep taunting us with the possibility of a full-on Peter vs Sylar superhero smackdown, then not deliver!? It happened IN THE NEXT ROOM AND WE NEVER GOT TO SEE IT! ARGH!

It's actually kind of refreshing to see Parkman all bad-ass and in charge, though. I finally don't want to smack him.
    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
    What have these years left to me?
    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      Which brings up an interesting question: If Sylar "acquired" the Haitian's power (sneaking up on him when he was asleep/unconscious) would it cancel out his other powers? Or would they be considered part of him and this part of his immunity to his own power-negating power?
      The Haitian seems to be able to hone his ability to somehow negate a single hero's ability (as seen when he stops Sylar but not Eden, and Hiro but not Matt).

However, Future Hiro and Future Peter don't want to get near the Haitian. They don't even bother attempting to freeze time before moving in; this is either a lack of logic on the writers' part, or it implies that the Haitian's power is always active.

If his power is always on, then it may interfere if Sylar attempts to negate a hero's power while using something like telekinesis.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnknown View Post
        They don't even bother attempting to freeze time before moving in; this is either a lack of logic on the writers' part, or it implies that the Haitian's power is always active.
        I'm not sure it's always active b/c if you remember back in Chapter 5, at the beginning Bennet and The Haitian are chasing Nathan and when they get to the fence and seemingly have him cornered, he up and flies away. If the Haitian's power is always active, Nathan wouldn't have been able to fly. Unless, that's a writing oversight.
        Last edited by Buddhawasanancient; 01 May 2007, 05:21 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
          Think of it as 4 timelines

Original
          1) Hiro discovers his powers - Sylar kills Claire and absorbs her regeneration - The Bomb goes off killing everyone (Hiro timetravels here and watches the bomb go off) - Nathan blames Sylar but really it was Peter who exploded, possibly dieing in the process (since he never meets Claire)

2) Hiro discovers his powers - Hiro returns from futre of timeline 1) and takes Ando to America to stop bomb - Sylar kills Claire and absorbs her regeneration - Hiro fights Sylar but fails to kill him becuse he regenerates - The Bomb goes off killing everyone (Hiro timetravels here and watches the bomb go off) because Ando was here due to Hiro's attempt to stop the bomb he dies too - Nathan blames Sylar but really it was Peter who exploded - 5 years later (Hiro travels back in time to warn Peter to save Claire, thus creating timeline 3)

3) Hiro discovers his powers - Hiro returns from futre of timeline 2) and takes Ando to America to stop bomb - Hiro from timeline 2) warns Peter to save Claire - Sylar fails to kill Claire - Hiro fights Sylar but fails to kill him - Peter goes off killing everyone (Hiro timetravels here and watches the bomb go off) because Ando was here due to Hiro's attempt to stop the bomb he dies too - Nathan blames Sylar but really it was Peter who exploded, possibly dieing in the process (since he never meets Claire) - 5 years later (Hiro travels back in time to warn Peter to save Claire, thus creating timeline 3) ) - Future Hiro expects the timeline to change but it doesn't, however he is soon visited by Hiro and Ando, after they return to their own time they create timeline 4)

4) Hiro discovers his powers - Hiro returns from futre of timeline 3) and takes Ando to America to stop bomb - Hiro from timeline 3) warns Peter to save Claire - Sylar fails to kill Claire - Hiro returns from future what happens form now on is upredictable
          It's the "logical" explenation
          (if you believe in that theory of multiverse)
          Hallowed are the Ori !!!
          Follow the path of the Enlightment !
          Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Wow, wow, wow! what an episode, I seriously can't b-leve that here in England we aren't even being shown this magic.

Oh well the wonders of *D*ing.
            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I think people who think Peter is the bomb the *first* time around has missed the fact that if the future Hiro didn't tell Peter about "Save the cheerleader, save the world" he will never have met Ted. He'd be in New York, Claire would be dead, and the only reason he'd survive is probably his close proximity to Sylar when the bomb gone off the first time.

The trigger point has always been Hiro as he is the sole hero tried to stop the bomb the first time around, since he has seen it *happened* in the future. A lot of the sequence cannot happen if the future Hiro didn't trigger's Peter ambition to look for the *cheerleader*.

I suspect the first time round, as result of the death of Claire and there was no one to stop Sylar so he rampage through America killing all the heroes in his way. So people like Ted, Claire et al would of died. The explosion in New York is the result of encounter with Hiro when he attempt to kill Sylar, exploded to protect himself from Hiro (after all, you cant really stop Hiro when you can't move [time freeze anyone?]).

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
                It's actually kind of refreshing to see Parkman all bad-ass and in charge, though. I finally don't want to smack him.

He wasn't bad ass or in charge. He was Nathan/Syler's puppet.
                Last edited by M2W; 01 May 2007, 07:31 PM.
                sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

damn that episode was awesome, lets see Clair as a brunette, syler and peter an a nuke battle, uhm hero and peter going all bad ass like something out of the matrix, I cant wait for next week

Comment

Originally posted by CYBEREAGLE19 View Post
                    hero and peter going all bad ass like something out of the matrix, I cant wait for next week
                    I hear ya! I just watched the episode again and thought, Hmmm. Peter's lookin awfully Neo-like...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
                      WHY do they keep taunting us with the possibility of a full-on Peter vs Sylar superhero smackdown, then not deliver!? It happened IN THE NEXT ROOM AND WE NEVER GOT TO SEE IT! ARGH!
                      Why didn't Peter just stop time and hack off Syler's head?
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Judging from the preview of next week's episode, it appears that there may be an explanation.

Comment

Such an Awesome episode!!!

Am I the only one who wasn't too fond of Peter's new greasy wifebeater look? although future Peter did kick alot of ass, so that made up for it. Future Hiro was awesome too, I thought for sure he was going to be evil (along with Peter) after the way he delivered the "You" line at the end of .07% I'm really glad it was obvious our Hiro was still in there.

Aww I really love Hiro and Ando. I really hope Ando doesn't die, it's way too obvious to kill the sidekick, Let him Live!!

I knew the Sylar as Nathan thing was coming, and I blurted it out when he first mentioned Candace. People on the forums worked it out last week, We need to get worse at this speculation thing, it's no fun if you're always right

and awww that picture of Peter, Nathan and Angela on the mantle at the Petrelli house was so cute XD I can't wait to get some backstory on that family! I hope none of them die, I'm really worried about Nathan.

Originally posted by Temp2 View Post
                          Question: Am I crazy, or did Peter actually say "Fire" when he activated Freaky Elemental Power #2?
                          Nah, that would be way too corny. He said "Liar" because Sylar was badmouthing his dead brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                            Great question! That didn't even occur to me.
                            Hopefully there is a good reason for that.
                            Perhaps Peter wanted to see the look on Sylars face when he was defeated. Time Freezing would be too easy and probably wouldn't give Peter the satisfaction he wants by avenging his brother.
                            Or maybe Sylar has a power that would allow him to negate the Time Freeze or something. I hope we find out.

Which brings up an interesting question: If Sylar "acquired" the Haitian's power (sneaking up on him when he was asleep/unconscious) would it cancel out his other powers? Or would they be considered part of him and this part of his immunity to his own power-negating power?
                            My assumption is that the Haitian has some control over the ability. So Sylar would too, allowing his own abilities to work while stopping others.
                            If Future Hiro went back and stopped the exploding man, no, he wouldn't encounter an Alternate Future Hiro when he returned because technically he'd BE the Alternate Future Hiro. He just might have trouble remembering events of the altered timeline.
                            Ahh yes, but thats what I'm questioning. Would he infact be the Alternate Future Hiro? His lack of remembering Claire's survival would indicate that he wouldn't be.

BTW, I'm kind of going on a similar theory as in Stargate (see Atlantis' Before I Sleep, there were 2 seperate elizabeths from different timelines)

When he changed the future and returns to it, he is still the Hiro from the previous time line that no longer exists. So if he prevents the explosion, Hiro will have no reason to go back in time, 5 years later the Future Hiro that prevented the bomb would appear and there would be 2 Hiros. At least the way I'm thinking it works, we need more clarification on the time travel mechanics.

In this altered but not quite fixed timeline (Claire survived, Peter met Future Hiro on the subway, bomb still went off) Hiro still had a reason to go back in time, so he may have gone back to fix it all (still under the impression that Sylar was the bomb), but in doing so created a new timeline and he will return to that future and we will never see him again. Meanwhile, the Hiro from the first timeline (Claire died, Peter never met Hiro, bomb went off) comes back to the Future after creating the altered but not quite fixed timeline and takes the place of the Hiro that existed there. So... if he wasn't killed and went back again and creates a completely fixed timeline, the Hiro from that timeline will still exist in the future because he never went back and created a new timeline for him to jump into. Hiro will return to the future after fixing it and find himself there. 2 Hiros, each from a different timeline. Perhaps there is already a fixed timeline out there that Hiro from altered but not quite fixed timeline created and there would be 2 Hiros there too.

This brings up more questions... Do all these alternate timelines still exist as parallel realities? And if so, I wonder if Hiro will be able to move between them. That would be so trippy and complicated. There'd be Hiro's popping up all over the place

Holy crap... time travel is some confusing stuff. But I love thinking about it, you just go in loops and can never really get a completely defined answer.
                            Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Previously when Hiro first traveled into the future, the feds called Ando who said that Hiro had been missing for weeks.

In my opinion Future Hiro is the exact same Hiro who went and gave a message to Peter, in his timeline he tried to kill Sylar but he regenerated due to Claires ability. He went back to his own time, but not much had changed due to the fact that Hiro from 2007 came to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
                                Previously when Hiro first traveled into the future, the feds called Ando who said that Hiro had been missing for weeks.

In my opinion Future Hiro is the exact same Hiro who went and gave a message to Peter, in his timeline he tried to kill Sylar but he regenerated due to Claires ability. He went back to his own time, but not much had changed due to the fact that Hiro from 2007 came to visit.
                                I agree, my post above yours is saying the same thing.

I just wrote up a much easier to understand version of how I understand things and emailed it to the 10th wonder guys. So i'll slap it in here too. I'm sure people will poke holes in it, so go ahead I like thinking about this stuff, gives the brain a good workout.

----------

Im going on the same theory Stargate uses, as its shown in Before I Sleep and Moebius. Basically the theory goes that traveling back in time will create a new timeline that splits off from the first one. This ensures that paradox's are non-existant.

In Heroes, how I percieve what has happened is this:
                                Future Hiro came from a future where Claire died, Hiro tried to kill Sylar but he healed and Peter exploded destroying half of New York. Peters involvement was hidden and Hiro believes Sylar was the bomb. Hiro then went back in time (creating a new timeline). We'll call this timeline B, and the unaltered timeline is timeline A. In tB, Future Hiro tells Peter to save Claire but the bomb still goes off because it was Peter rather than Sylar, also Hiro was missing and didn't stab Sylar because... tB's Hiro jumps 5 years into the future with Ando and meets Hiro from tA who also arrives in the future of tB and is surprised that everything seems the same.

Hiro from tB who went into the future has now returned to the past after tA Hiro's death, creating tC where the show will continue from. Now assuming Hiro succeeds in stopping the explosion and doesn't need to do any more time travelling we are left with 3 timelines floating around out there, but only 1 Hiro. tA's Hiro died, tB's Hiro is now in tC and tC doesn't have a Hiro because Hiro was missing from the timeline when it was created. Now throw in the timelines created when Hiro went back to save Charlie and when he came back from his first trip into the future in episode 2 and we have around 5. Now throw in Peter with his ability to time travel and all other future incidents of Hiro/Peter time traveling and we get a potentially infinite number of timelines and Hiros/Peters.

This brings up more questions... If all these timelines exist out there still, can Hiro/Peter travel between them? Like sliding in the Sliders series. It would be interesting as they could have Hiro or Peter visit from other realities where all kinds of strange things have happened. It would also get very trippy and complicated with Hiros popping up all over the place. They could even kill off Hiro and just have a replacement come in from another timeline. Although that would be tacky.
                                Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Working...
                                X