Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Books (Spoilers for everything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My copy is in the delivery pipe. I should have it at the latest by tomorrow.
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Still twitching and itching for some Dancing. Oh, and relevant, one and all:

~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

And now, I, Matt Silver the 3rd K, is DANCING WITH THE DRAGONS. HELL YEAH.

Will keep thoughts in spoiler tags, so don't fret. (HELL YEAH).
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

While I am still interested...I'm not too excited. I started reading the series, what, 2002? 2003?
          And the wait between ASoS and AFfC kinda caused my interest to wane (that and the local AGoT CCG/LCG gaming group died...I wouldn't have picked up the books that early if it hadn't been for the card game).
          The HBO series kinda rekindled the interest, for sure, but the thought of another long wait...

I will get the book, but maybe not on release...(unless I get dragged there: my friend wants to use my discount card at the bookstore for his copy of ADwD )
          ...or I could borrow his copy (all my copies are in trade paperback, anyway. I got my AFfC when it was already on 'sale').

Hehehe, I'll probably end up skipping to just the Greyjoy parts again (like I did w/ AFfC, which I still haven't finished )
          sigpic

Comment

My Kindle version is on my mac, my hardcover is in the post
            sigpic

Comment

Mine has been "out for delivery" since 12:34 AM EST.
              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Will pick up when paperback is available. I've got the other 4 in paperback as well so gotta stay consistent. Until then, I will have to try to stay away from this thread
                sigpic

Comment

My purchase was available last night at about 10pm PST. I was so excited! I got to go to bed reading about Tyrion's adventures! (Don't worry, not gonna spoil anyone)

I'm so excited! I'll be reading while at work today in between imaging 30 computers.

Comment

I first noticed that it was in my nook library lat night at around 1:30am(est). I spent most of the night reading it, I couldn't stop once I started. I've got a nasty habit of reading chapters out of order. I really like it though, and the wait for the next book is going to probably kill me lol. At least there's the HBO series to pass the time and keep some things fresh in my mind until whenever the next book comes out.
                    I'm silly lol, I haven't even finished reading this book and I'm already itching for the next one.
                    Last edited by VampyreWraith; 12 July 2011, 03:08 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've decided not to rush it - got to savour every moment. Two chapters down, a gazillion to go

Gotta say, though, that the prologue was awesomesauce!
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm just past the chapters that were spoiled by GRRM at readings and on his website (there are a few differences). It's great.

Comment

Less posting, more reading.

Comment

TM6P,

I'm at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                              TM6P,

I'm at work.

Screw work, A Dance with Dragons is more important. Yes you'll end up unemployed, but you will have achieved something more crucial, reading it faster.

In all seriousness though, I'm savouring it, and going fairly slowly. I have a tendency to demolish books, I'm a quick reader, and even GRRM's thousand pages tomes don't last me long. But seeing as how GRRM takes his time writing, and it could be years before we get the next instalment, I'm just going slowly, enjoying that we have this book at the moment.

Comment

Jon, how I love thee
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X