Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Books (Spoilers for everything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol we can only hope. Just noticed your Grenn avatar again... I got dibs on a Dolorous Edd avatar when he shows up. That guy's a classic.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      Lol we can only hope. Just noticed your Grenn avatar again... I got dibs on a Dolorous Edd avatar when he shows up. That guy's a classic.
      I chose Grenn because... well, I look a little like him in real life, especially with my beard the way it is right now.

Edd's all yours. He was great. I remember his comments about the dead: The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints. I'm wondering who they'll be casting for him.
      sigpic

Comment

My mental image of Edd was like Haig Sutherland - Riley from SGU. I'd bet on some unknown guy playing him, and playing him well.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Also, I'm re-reading all the prophecies over on Westeros.Org, and man do a lot of them foreshadow the Red Wedding or what! Like Dany's vision quest thingie:

The second is a room filled with savagely slaughtered corpses which appear to have been attending a feast. A dead man with the head of a wolf, wearing an iron crown and holding a leg of lamb like a king might hold a sceptre, sits at a throne, his eyes looking at Dany with mute appeal.

And a quote from Patchface the Fool:

"Fool's blood, king's blood, blood on the maiden's thigh, but chains for the guests and chains for the bridegroom, aye aye aye."
          In order: Aegon, the grandson Cat kills, Robb's blood, Roslin (Edmure's wife) losing her maidenhead, people getting captured, and Edmure's capture. Wow.

And one on Cat's death and resurrection:

"I dreamt of a roaring river and a woman that was a fish. Dead she drifted, with red tears on her cheeks, but when her eyes did open, oh, I woke from terror. All this I dreamt, and more."

Comment

hey guys dont know if it was mention here but I have a question...is there somewhere using of magic? yeah we saw a blood magic but I mean some wizards with fireballs or lightning
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokage View Post
              hey guys dont know if it was mention here but I have a question...is there somewhere using of magic? yeah we saw a blood magic but I mean some wizards with fireballs or lightning
              There is magic, but not wizards and fireballs.

- Melisandre has magical abilities to summon things.
              - There's the guy who can sometimes revive the dead (forget his name). I'm sure MattSilver knows.
              - The Others are obviously magical. They can kill you and you turn zombie-like (example at the Wall where Jon kills one)
              - Bran and Rickon have some sort of magical ability, either just to foresee future events or even more.
              sigpic

Comment

Thoros of Myr, the Red Priest, was able to give the Kiss of Life to Beric Dondarion six or seven times.

Comment

Aerys had his pyromancers, though they weren't exactly throwing fireballs or anything. Interesting thing is that their fuel for wildfire became more and more potent throughout the course of the books. Seems like Dany's dragons coming into the world opened the door for more magic.
                  sigpic

Comment

hmm I see thx guys
                    sigpic

Comment

A little note about the new book. Apparently it has been leaked and people are posting spoilers in other places. Just to lay it out, here are the rules about that situation
                      I know the official board is banning/gagging people for talking about the spoilers. I'm not inclined to do that here, simply because, well there's maybe a couple dozen people talking about it. that said, my 'rules' are that ANY AND ALL spoilers about that book - if someone just HAS to post them, must be in a singular thread and appropriately marked.

I don't consider it a banning offense, however I hope that anyone that gets their hands on the book will simply keep their peace and respect the other fans and the author by not spilling the spoilers all over the place.

Now, anyone that does post untagged spoilers or puts them in PM's or VM's....that IS against the rules. Anyone does that to you, please report it so that we can deal with it.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Getting seriously antsy here... the day after tomorrow...
                        sigpic

Comment

Same here. I keep checking my iBook just in case they 'oops' and release it early. heh

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                            Same here. I keep checking my iBook just in case they 'oops' and release it early. heh

lol I keep doing that with my nook. I'm hoping it's available just after midnight so I can spend the night reading it.
                            sigpic

Comment

/twitches

Comment

I've ordered two versions - hardcover and kindle for mac... couldn't wait for amazon to deliver the hardcover
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X