Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Books (Spoilers for everything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

book and kings landing spoilers

Spoiler:
    tommen succeeds his brother. And is on the throne through where I've read, even as he's more a puppet of his advisers than a leader in his own right.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

After re-reading some key passages in A Clash of Kings, I'm still hoping that somehow, we're going to see Asshai and the Shadow Lands. While in Qarth, Quaithe did tell Dany that in order to go west, she must go east. In trying to head west, she got locked into the whole situation at Slaver's Bay and after the mess that was Meereen, perhaps she and Drogon end up going to the Shadow Lands somehow? GRRM has alluded that we'll see much of the Lands of Always Winter. Though the Shadow Lands are on the other side of the world, I think the goings-on in the two distant places are related.
      sigpic

Comment

I am hoping we see some of those lands as well. We hear them being discussed throughout the series so I assume even if at least briefly we get to see what they are all about.

Speaking of that, I was also going back through A Dance with Dragons and came across a couple of questions that are hotly debated over at the ASOIAF forums.

Spoiler:
        1. Where in the world is Howland Reed and what is he up to. I hope we get to finally meet the man that holds all the answers (i.e the true details regarding Jon's lineage)
        2. Who is the hooded man in Winterfell? I was surprised to find how many theories there are regarding who this might be.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
          I am hoping we see some of those lands as well. We hear them being discussed throughout the series so I assume even if at least briefly we get to see what they are all about.

Speaking of that, I was also going back through A Dance with Dragons and came across a couple of questions that are hotly debated over at the ASOIAF forums.

Spoiler:
          1. Where in the world is Howland Reed and what is he up to. I hope we get to finally meet the man that holds all the answers (i.e the true details regarding Jon's lineage)
          2. Who is the hooded man in Winterfell? I was surprised to find how many theories there are regarding who this might be.
          Very good questions.
          Spoiler:
          I think Howland Reed will resurface. Though he hasn't been mentioned in ages, there's every reason to believe he could come up gain. After all, if Rickon--who's been all but forgotten--is running around in Skagos and Shaggydog is fighting unicorns, someone like Howland Reed could comeback to the foreground. I have no doubt that Davos will find Rickon at Skagos and further intrigues will result. As for the hooded man, I'm not sure myself.

I just had a strange thought about the Stark children and their warg bonds with their dire wolves. Arya has shown abilities to warg into cats over at Braavos. What if Jon or Arya could warg into one of the Dany's dragons? The entire storyline could change big time there...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
            Very good questions.
            Spoiler:
            I think Howland Reed will resurface. Though he hasn't been mentioned in ages, there's every reason to believe he could come up gain. After all, if Rickon--who's been all but forgotten--is running around in Skagos and Shaggydog is fighting unicorns, someone like Howland Reed could comeback to the foreground. I have no doubt that Davos will find Rickon at Skagos and further intrigues will result. As for the hooded man, I'm not sure myself.

I just had a strange thought about the Stark children and their warg bonds with their dire wolves. Arya has shown abilities to warg into cats over at Braavos. What if Jon or Arya could warg into one of the Dany's dragons? The entire storyline could change big time there...
            I'm sure he'll eventually resurface too.

And I've been wanting Arya or Jon to warg into one of the dragons ever since the warg thing was brought up in the books.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
              I'm sure he'll eventually resurface too.

And I've been wanting Arya or Jon to warg into one of the dragons ever since the warg thing was brought up in the books.
              Varamyr Sixskins had his interesting menagerie of critters. Arya or Jon warging into one of the Targaryen dragons seems very likely to me because they are pretty uncontrollable. Jon warging into Drogon would make for some interesting interactions with Dany. I can also picture Arya getting mixed up in the intrigues with the Greyjoys and the Dragon Horn.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                Varamyr Sixskins had his interesting menagerie of critters. Arya or Jon warging into one of the Targaryen dragons seems very likely to me because they are pretty uncontrollable. Jon warging into Drogon would make for some interesting interactions with Dany. I can also picture Arya getting mixed up in the intrigues with the Greyjoys and the Dragon Horn.
                I wonder if Jon and Dany will end up as friends or enemies when(if?) they meet up.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                  I wonder if Jon and Dany will end up as friends or enemies when(if?) they meet up.
                  I think this is a question most fans are wondering about. The theory that Jon or Arya could warg into the dragons is very interesting though.

Spoiler:
                  Jon's future is uncertain at this point, which adds more intrigue into the mix as well. Of course most people are assuming he's not going to die.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                    I think this is a question most fans are wondering about. The theory that Jon or Arya could warg into the dragons is very interesting though.

Spoiler:
                    Jon's future is uncertain at this point, which adds more intrigue into the mix as well. Of course most people are assuming he's not going to die.
                    I really don't feel that his story is done yet, I can definitely see him dying later on, but not yet.
                    Spoiler:
                    He might not be completely alive in the next book either, so that could affect whether they are on the same side or not, but also I'm not sure if Dany will have good intentions for Westeros(and it's people) by they time she gets there(she might end up going crazy or something too; she has been through a lot, and will probably go through even more, and she might run into people who might try to manipulate her.)
                    Last edited by VampyreWraith; 29 April 2012, 06:42 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

wild speculation for the last book, and upcoming

Spoiler:
                      so what if Jon happened to take himself 'out of body' as his body was killed, and like others have suggested, will eventually warg into one of the dragons. Kinda find another body as a replacement for the 'gone' one.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        wild speculation for the last book, and upcoming

Spoiler:
                        so what if Jon happened to take himself 'out of body' as his body was killed, and like others have suggested, will eventually warg into one of the dragons. Kinda find another body as a replacement for the 'gone' one.
                        I actually don't think that's wild at all, sounds entirely possible at this point.

Spoiler:
                        Whatever the outcome is I just hope it fits with the journey Jon has had so far. There's been a lot of effort put into his story just to have it wiped out away like that.
                        sigpic

Comment

i like Varys because you never know which side he is on and plays "he is there for the realm' card quite well. You think you know him but there is more to him than meets the eye.

Comment

I was given the first 3 books as a birthday gift and really got into the story. I found it a bit wordy in places but the story moved along nicely. So I carried on getting the series.

I have now read all the books published so far and, much as I hate to say it, I was starting to struggle with the saga. The last book, "After The Feast", nearly pushed me over the edge. I found myself thinking "So, is anything actually going to happen? Is the story actually going to move on?" and it really didn't feel like it did.

I know that GRRM is building up a complex and layered story and needs to get all the characters in the right places for the climax but sometimes it felt like he was getting bogged down in description more and more with each successive volume.

After reading some of the information being put out about the next book, "The Winds of Winter", it does look like things are going to pick up, but boy, it's been hard work getting there, sometimes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just found this thread love it just wanted to post a link to Cat's page very curious to see how the TV series portrays what I read. I am still on the fence about whether I will read the books or not

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Catelyn_Stark

hope this is the right thread for it
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                Just found this thread love it just wanted to post a link to Cat's page very curious to see how the TV series portrays what I read. I am still on the fence about whether I will read the books or not

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Catelyn_Stark

hope this is the right thread for it
                                There is a lot of debate about it over on the ASOIAF forums. A lot of people seem to think they should have included her transformation in the last episode of the season to add some interest to an otherwise dull finale.

I think we will see her at some point next season though, since the timeline says she is found a few days after the Red Wedding and resurrected into Lady Stoneheart.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X