No announcement yet.

Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Can you please tell me that Fringe has a chance -- a good chance -- of being renewed for a second season? --Daniel
    Spoiler:
    Ausiello: Fringe has a very good chance of being renewed for a second season. And if it's not, the actor they end up casting in the role of "Dr. Smith" is going to be royally pissed off, since he's appearing in just one scene in May ahead of what promises to be a major recurring arc next season. Who's Dr. Smith, you ask? A 55-65-year-old scientist and contemporary of Walter Bishop. Cue the inevitable "Is he Olivia's stepdad?" speculation.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/...siello--2.html

Comment

Has Fringe been canceled? — Bob

Spoiler:
      MICKEY: As we've discussed, Fringe is on an Idol-related hiatus until April 7, at which point the focus will partially shift from Olivia's past to Peter's past, including the mysterious "health issue" that dad Walter has at times alluded to. As John Noble shared this week here at the TVGuide.com offices, "When we find out [what's Peter's 'condition' is], you'll see why Walter is so desperately attached to him and so desperately concerned about him." By the way, Noble calls the first episode back "extraordinary" and the subsequent five "among our very best."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...s-1004144.aspx

Comment

I really can't wait for this show to be back. I am seriously missing it. As for Season 2, it so better happen. FOX has to realize how brilliant this show is.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
          Has Fringe been canceled? — Bob

Spoiler:
          MICKEY: As we've discussed, Fringe is on an Idol-related hiatus until April 7, at which point the focus will partially shift from Olivia's past to Peter's past, including the mysterious "health issue" that dad Walter has at times alluded to. As John Noble shared this week here at the TVGuide.com offices, "When we find out [what's Peter's 'condition' is], you'll see why Walter is so desperately attached to him and so desperately concerned about him." By the way, Noble calls the first episode back "extraordinary" and the subsequent five "among our very best."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...s-1004144.aspx
          Why would the show be cancelled??? Its one of Fox's best!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            Why would the show be cancelled??? Its one of Fox's best!
            I just hope that the execs recognize that too.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Holy Frak. April 7th?!?! They better promote the hell out of it!
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                Holy Frak. April 7th?!?! They better promote the hell out of it!
                That would be nice.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Are we ever going to meet Dr. William Bell on Fringe or is he just a red herring? — Rob

Spoiler:
                  MICKEY: Get ready, Rob! "I can't wait to see who it is, how it's revealed or what he represents or where he comes from," John Noble told us of the identity of his former partner in weird science. I'm hearing Dr. Bell will be ID'd in the finale, but that he might not be formally introduced in his first appearance, which could be sooner. So keep your eyes peeled.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...I-1004346.aspx

Comment

Thanks for posting that, Madwelshboy.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Very much looking forward to the return of Fringe. It is a fine show, with a great cast. The networks always seem to really abuse the sci-fi shows on scheduling, they know the core audience will follow no matter what, yet they complain when the ratings don't pick up because it confuses the hell out of everyone else. We really should shoot all the network buffos for stupidity above and beyond the call of duty.
                      ---------------------
                      sigpic
                      Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

April 7th is going to be such a great night. It can't get here soon enough.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just watched "No Brainer"

I 'd at Baboon Seminal Fluid.
                          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            April 7th is going to be such a great night. It can't get here soon enough.
                            to make things even better for me, it's during my spring break

KEEP IT CLEAN
                            Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                            Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                              to make things even better for me, it's during my spring break
                              Yeah, I would say that is pretty sweet!
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Orci & Kurtzman: Fringe will answer these questions

The team (from left, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Anna Torv and Lance Reddick) takes on a case involving a mysterious young boy in "Inner Child," airing April 7.
                                Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who co-created Fox's sci-fi series Fringe with J.J. Abrams, told SCI FI Wire that the show will begin to answer a lot of its own questions as it wraps its first season.

"We are about to shoot our final two episodes of the season," Orci said in an exclusive interview last week with Kurtzman, his writing partner on Star Trek and Transformers and such TV series as Alias.

Will the final episodes of the season—which kick off on April 7 at 9 p.m. ET/PT—tie things together? Yes, Orci promises, adding: "The question is how fast.

"This is something we discussed very much with the network," Orci added. "Sometimes they want answers, and then we'll actually write a show in which everything is answered, and they're like, 'No, that's too fast!' So how slowly to dole things out is always the key question. But we definitely have answers that we're dying to give, and it's a matter of how quickly we get to them."

Following is an edited version of our exclusive interview with Orci and Kurtzman about Fringe, which stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson and John Noble.........

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/roberto...d-alex-kur.php

Comment

Working...
                                X