No announcement yet.

Rockne O'Bannon To Write Farscape Comics - Cannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate when the art on the cover doesn't match the art inside. The X-Files comic adaptations [old and the current miniseries, the current one is a very good read, IMO] feature art that does a good job of representing the actors. Not so sure about this, though.
    I'll read it for the story, not the art. It's great to have the actual creator writing it, not an adaptation writer whose work seems like bad fanfic.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
      I've pre-ordered issues 1 and 2 from TFAW.
      In case it hasn't been noted, the release date for issue 1 is Dec 24th and issue 2 is about week after that
      Yeah, I've pre-ordered all four issues from TFAW. I wonder how much the shipping will end up being though? Hopefully not too much.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        He will never replace D'Argo for me either, but I am willing to give him a shot in this comics series. It will be interesting to see how he develops as a character.
        He became quickly a lover of Chianna again... Maybe I remember badly to season 4 and PKW, but Chianna was with D'Argo. She cheated him with his son, but later D'Argo forgave and they became a pair again.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          He became quickly a lover of Chianna again... Maybe I remember badly to season 4 and PKW, but Chianna was with D'Argo. She cheated him with his son, but later D'Argo forgave and they became a pair again.
          Maybe we should discuss this in spoiler tags? IMO, it is all part of
          Spoiler:
          her grieving process. Chiana was always a very sexual creature. She is just using Jothee to keep her occupied, so she doesn't have to fully experience the loss she has just suffered. Hopefully, we will see her go through some tough emotional times regarding D'Argo's death.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think we need to create a discussion thread for each issue.

Not me though as I hate creating threads.

But I don't see any reason why we can't have a discussion thread for each issue as a way to avoid spoiling people in one general discussion thread.

Any one else game for that idea?
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

But I don't see any reason why we can't have a discussion thread for each issue as a way to avoid spoiling people in one general discussion thread.

Yeah, I sure am. I think it is a great idea to have a thread for each issue.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

Go for it because with the way my life is going right now I seriously doubt I'll get the comics.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Yeah, I sure am. I think it is a great idea to have a thread for each issue.
                Yes I think it is a great idea to keep those of us who are not in a position financially to purchase them. I do realize they aren't that expensive, but when it comes down to spending money on food or "fun"...food comes first in my world.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Damn, still no Farscape! Went to a couple of comic shops and they didn't have much of a clue on the release date. Hopefully the latest dates posted in this thread hold up.

I need me some 'scape.
                  sigpic

Comment

Another thing... I haven't looked at comics since 2000 AD in the 80's. Anyone know how many pages the Farscape comics are gonna be?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nusku View Post
                      Damn, still no Farscape! Went to a couple of comic shops and they didn't have much of a clue on the release date. Hopefully the latest dates posted in this thread hold up.

I need me some 'scape.
                      The new release date for the first issue is December 24th. That's right - Christmas Eve. There shouldn't be any problems with the release this time around. Still, it wouldn't hurt to cross our fingers.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Happy comic book day! I'm heading out in a couple of hours to pick it up (after I shovel).

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                          Happy comic book day! I'm heading out in a couple of hours to pick it up (after I shovel).
                          Drive safely!
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                            Drive safely!
                            Thanks, I did!

I have it in my hands, it's quite lovely. I went with cover A. I was tempted to get Cover B as well, but really...I just want the story and I liked cover A the best. The picture of the real actors for Cover C is nice, but for a comic cover it seemed really weird.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to me!

Maybe I'll put some pics up later (no spoilers of course)!

I don't know much about comics, but it seems like a good sign that both stores in town had it (the one I went to had about 6 copies).

Comment

Happy Comic Book Day

Best Christmas present ever! Of course I won't have them until a few weeks from now, but still

*edit*
                              I just placed an order on BOOM's webshop for Issue #1 Covers A, B and C, and a subscription for Issues #2-4 Covers A and B. Total for the comic books: $35. Shipping & Handling: $35. Totally worth it
                              Last edited by ./freelancer; 24 December 2008, 11:25 AM.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                              The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

I had mine ordered from TFAW. Hopefully I'll be getting an email soon that Issue #1 is shipping out. At least I sure hope so. For those of you who did get it, enjoy.

Also, Merry Christmas to everyone.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X