Rockne O'Bannon To Write Farscape Comics - Cannon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Man, I just about had a heart attack when I saw February in your post. No way I could hold out that frelling long.
    Sorry, I even looked at the date before posting, but I guess it didn't register in my brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
      Sorry, I even looked at the date before posting, but I guess it didn't register in my brain.
      It's alright. You just almost killed me.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I saw this link on another Farscape list. Not sure how MTV got this but glad they did. The article doesn't say anything new but at the bottom is new cover art and the 1st 6 pages of the comic.

Exclusive Preview

I don't care for the artwork, but LOVE the dialogue!
        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Thanks for that! You are right, it seems weird that MTV got it.

So December 24th. A fine Christmas Eve it shall be!

Comment

Yeah, the art work is less than desirable, imo. But the dialogue is certainly great so far. I can hear the characters saying those lines in my head. That bodes well for the series for me. Can't wait to read the rest.

Too bad they don't have comic books on tape where they get the actors to read those lines. lol.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Sweet. At the con we saw some of the artwork pages, but there was no dialogue on them.

I must say that the page with Aeryn, John and Little D, Aeryn doesn't look a THING like Claudia. WTF?! How hard is it to get a pic, screencap or something with Claudia? Other than that, the artwork looks good to me. Can't wait until they come out.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                Thanks for that! You are right, it seems weird that MTV got it.

So December 24th. A fine Christmas Eve it shall be!
                Yeah, if they actually come out on that date, this time. Definitely a long wait from the original Nov. 26th date.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                  I saw this link on another Farscape list. Not sure how MTV got this but glad they did. The article doesn't say anything new but at the bottom is new cover art and the 1st 6 pages of the comic.

Exclusive Preview

I don't care for the artwork, but LOVE the dialogue!
                  You have no idea how much I appreciate the link to those.

Judging from those first 6 pages, these comics are going to be a great continuation of Farscape. The dialogue was seriously like I was watching an episode on TV. Definitely felt like Farscape to me.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Here you can find exclusive pictures too, but I think they are the same:
                    http://io9.com/5102262/find-out-what...rscape-preview
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      Here you can find exclusive pictures too, but I think they are the same:
                      http://io9.com/5102262/find-out-what...rscape-preview
                      They are the same, except for one additional page from the comic. So, thanks for posting that. Now we have 7 pages from the first issue.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        They are the same, except for one additional page from the comic. So, thanks for posting that. Now we have 7 pages from the first issue.
                        Thanks, I didn't notice the addition of the 7th page.

Guido Sun Crichton has an interesting ring to it.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                          Thanks, I didn't notice the addition of the 7th page.

Guido Sun Crichton has an interesting ring to it.
                          It may be only one more page, but hey, I'll take what I can get.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I never was a fan of Jothee and he will never replace D'Argo in my heart.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              I never was a fan of Jothee and he will never replace D'Argo in my heart.
                              He will never replace D'Argo for me either, but I am willing to give him a shot in this comics series. It will be interesting to see how he develops as a character.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I've pre-ordered issues 1 and 2 from TFAW.
                                In case it hasn't been noted, the release date for issue 1 is Dec 24th and issue 2 is about week after that

Comment

Working...
                                X