No announcement yet.

The Ratings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not surprising. You'll be lucky if Fox lets Dollhouse finish it 2nd season. I don't even think a S3 is a possibility.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yep, not surprising. Don't recall seeing a single advertisement on tv for it. I'm sure there were some, but I never saw them.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        Yep, not surprising. Don't recall seeing a single advertisement on tv for it. I'm sure there were some, but I never saw them.
        I wouldn't know. I watch Fox for this and The Simpsons.

Given the ratings last year Fox probably views it a lost to advertise Dollhouse. Advertisement tends to go to show they will consider a sucess. And despite liking the show I don't see Dollhouse in that category
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I wouldn't doubt FOX has written it off before it even started but you'd think they'd at least advertise the season opener.

Local Fox news is about the only thing I watch on that channel, but even considering how little I watch it, still saw plenty of ads for Bones...which I know is one of their most successful shows, but still. Why even freaking bother bring DH back if you are going to treat it like a cast off.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

Local Fox news is about the only thing I watch on that channel, but even considering how little I watch it, still saw plenty of ads for Bones...which I know is one of their most successful shows, but still. Why even freaking bother bring DH back if you are going to treat it like a cast off.
            It will reduce the outrage from Whedon fanboys
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              It will reduce the outrage from Whedon fanboys
              And fangirls
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

TV Ratings: Dollhouse dips to a new series low

Last night Dollhouse slipped to a series low 0.8/3 with adults 18-49 and averaged 2.1 million viewers. Night’s full details coming soon.

Sure, it was a very slow Friday for broadcast where the night’s highest rated show with adults 18-49, Medium, pulled only a 1.8 rating with adults 18-49. Speaking of Medium, you can enter to win Medium’s fifth season on DVD. Ten people will win, if they are eligible and good at predicting how many people will watch next Friday’s episode. Last night Medium averaged 7.719 million in preliminary numbers

But that’s not good news for Dollhouse. And sure, Syfy airing Stargate Universe (we will hopefully see the numbers for it later today, if not, I’m sure we’ll see them Monday) couldn’t have helped, but dropping below a 1.0 can’t be what FOX had in mind with its lower expectations for Friday. And people bailed on Dollhouse out of ‘Till Death! The half hour viewer numbers for FOX just got worse each half hour between 8p-10p (2.42M, 2.29M, 2.19M, 1.99M). FOX didn’t edge The CW by much on the night in either viewers or adults 18-49, and The CW’s night included an hour of an encore of America’s Next Top Model.
                http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/03...ries-low/29376
                Last edited by Madwelshboy; 03 October 2009, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I heard a rumor that Dollhouse might be in danger of getting pulled off the air, but how likely is that? I know shows can get nixed partway into a first season, but I kinda figured in a second season they'd get the full run before being canceled, just... because of contracts... or something.

If the ratings are that bad, how likely is it that the show will make it to its finale?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    I heard a rumor that Dollhouse might be in danger of getting pulled off the air, but how likely is that? I know shows can get nixed partway into a first season, but I kinda figured in a second season they'd get the full run before being canceled, just... because of contracts... or something.

If the ratings are that bad, how likely is it that the show will make it to its finale?
                    Very likely considering Fox and Dollhouse's ratings. Being pulled mid-season usually has nothing to do what season they are in
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Very likely considering Fox and Dollhouse's ratings. Being pulled mid-season usually has nothing to do what season they are in
                      Yeah, someone reminded me that Pushing Daisies got axed before the end of its second season. Huh. Won't be THAT sorry if it goes. This show focuses WAY too heavily on Echo for my tastes.

Comment

I'm still hopeful they'll get to finish the 2nd season, but I'm not optimistic... if that makes sense. But a 3rd season is pretty much out of the picture.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

From E Online:

Kelly in Ft. Myers, Fla.: I've heard that our favorite Dollhouse may be in danger. Does it help the rating if people watch on iTunes or Hulu? I always try to do my best.

Don't we all? Sadly, we Dollhouse fans are going to have to do better—the ratings are terrible. While the Fox bosses were gracious to renew it, their patience has to be wearing thin. If you possibly can (and we know it's hopelessly old-fashioned and uncool), please watch it live on Friday night and/or slip a $20 to any Nielsen families you might know in hopes that they will do the same.

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch...p_girl_be.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            From E Online:

Kelly in Ft. Myers, Fla.: I've heard that our favorite Dollhouse may be in danger. Does it help the rating if people watch on iTunes or Hulu? I always try to do my best.

Don't we all? Sadly, we Dollhouse fans are going to have to do better—the ratings are terrible. While the Fox bosses were gracious to renew it, their patience has to be wearing thin. If you possibly can (and we know it's hopelessly old-fashioned and uncool), please watch it live on Friday night and/or slip a $20 to any Nielsen families you might know in hopes that they will do the same.

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch...p_girl_be.html
                            That's a nice sentiment and all, but I'll be watching SGU so I can't
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Dollhouse rose to a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating and 2.25 million viewers. That’s up from last week’s .8 (which rose to .9 in the final numbers) by 25%. Now we wait to see what happens on 10/23 since next Friday, 10/16 is the first round of the ALCS (baseball conference championships) on FOX. Ok, perhaps rising from a series low that was very low isn’t anything to brag about. But, it’s at least better than setting another series low!

Here’s Dollhouse’s half hourly breakdown (A18-49) (A18-34)(P2+)

9p: (1.0/4) (1.0/4) (2.295M)

9:30p (1.0/3) (1.1/4) (2.198M)

Viewers (Millons) = 2.25
                              http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/10...s-to-win/30118

Comment

Don't focus on Echo = get higher ratings. Probably won't pan out that way, but a girl can hope. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X