The Ratings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratings for Episode 5

“Wasn’t planning to post yet another story on Fox’s “Terminator” and “Dollhouse” ratings, but I figure an item is only fair given what happened last night. For the first time, both shows went up.

“Terminator” (3.5 million, 1.2/4) went up 20% for last night’s “Today is the Day Part 1? (which at these viewing levels translates to a couple tenths). “Dollhouse” (4.3 million, 1.6/5) went up one tenth - 7%. “

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/14...e-higher/14540

Comment

Updated Friday Ratings: Dollhouse foundation holds up against NCAAs

Predictions of Dollhouse getting crushed did not come to pass. The much-anticipated sixth episode finally arrived and performed similarly to last week when it had 4.3 million and a 1.6 rating with 18-49s. Last night it had 4.13 million and a 1.5/5 (rating/share) with adults 18-49. It doesn’t look like either the basketball or the the Battlestar Galactica finale (and the BSG season finale averaged 2.4 million viewers, the most since the season 2.5 premiere) had much of an impact on Dollhouse.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/21...st-ncaas/14966

Comment

Friday Ratings: NCAA cruises to victory, Dollhouse drops

Dollhouse 3.87(million) 1.3/4(demo)

<snip>while Dollhouse slipped by about 250,000 viewers and dropped two tenths of a point among adults 18-49.

I’m not a Whedonista, but I have enjoyed the last couple of Dollhouse episodes (and next week’s looks pretty cool, too), but I’m pretty sure the writing is already on the wall as far as renewal goes. People will speculate over why the show lost more viewers last night, particularly in the 18-49 demographic. My speculation won’t be better than anyone else’s so I’ll leave it to everyone else

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/28...se-drops/15375

Comment

Friday Ratings: CBS wins with mostly repeats, Dollhouse looks done

Dollhouse = 1.4/5 (18-49 Rating/Share) 3.49 million viewers

CBS won the night despite two out of its three shows being repeats. The results for Dollhouse should finally end any discussion of the show’s renewal prospects, unless DirecTV plans to save it in the same fashion it saved Friday Night Lights and there are at least a couple of reasons why that doesn’t seem likely for Dollhouse (it doesn’t have the 40+ 37 episodes under its belt with critical acclaim that FNL had before the first deal and it doesn’t match DirecTV’s “football exclusives” pattern).

Otherwise Dollhouse is done on FOX after it finishes its run. But this being the Internet I’ll have to endure hearing about

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/04/04...oks-done/15945

Comment

It wouldn't really surprise me. The show is good, just not that great. It always reminds me of Dark Angel... another decent but nowhere near great show that didn't last very long.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
              It wouldn't really surprise me. The show is good, just not that great. It always reminds me of Dark Angel... another decent but nowhere near great show that didn't last very long.
              It lasted longer than firefly, In fact is lasted two seasons and if Whedon did not come along we would of got a third, Dark Angel was cancel for the flop that was called firefly, which is one reason why I never was that clean on it.
              Last edited by knowles2; 05 April 2009, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Fox Leaning Toward 'Dollhouse' Renewal

The Fox network is just a step away from shaking up its Friday lineup for the 2009-10 season, canning one show and considering a move to a new night for a second.

Let's hit the good news first. Airlock Alpha has learned that Fox is looking to give its struggling "Dollhouse" a second season, to see if it can grow some legs on a new night. Fox had originally intended "Dollhouse" to air Mondays with "24," but Fox instead decided to move "House" to that spot to replace "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," and to create sort of a genre theme night on Fridays.

The audience for "Dollhouse" are not exactly where Fox had hoped they would be, however, critical reaction to later episodes following its February premiere has grown more positive toward the series as it has had the chance to flesh itself out. Showrunner Joss Whedon had said ahead of its premiere that he had gone back to retool certain aspects of the show, including using a new premiere episode than what was originally planned, eventually canning what would have been the premiere.

The move seems to be an easy one for Fox. While the audience hasn't been as large as expected, it has instead remained stable. It's not a number that Fox uses, but "Dollhouse" carries a BlipNetwork Stability Index Rating of 92.0, better than every other network genre show currently on television outside of "Reaper" on The CW, which has a 94.7. A Stability Index Rating is the comparison of the show's highest overnight rating and its average overnight rating to see how much of its overall audience a show has retained.

Other factors in favor of the show continuing is that it's not as expensive as other Fox shows. Much of its upfront costs, including the construction of the elaborate set that is the dollhouse itself, were covered by funds that normally would've paid for a pilot (no pilot was made for "Dollhouse"). Also, while Whedon's Mutant Enemy Productions and star Eliza Dushku's Boston Diva Productions are tied to the series, 20th Century Fox Television is still the primary production company involved, which means its licensing fee is not as steep as it would be if the show was produced by another studio.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...e-renewal.html

Comment

That's good news about Dollhouse, even if it is bad news TSCC.

Comment

Episode 9 Ratings

Dollhouse was down a tenth versus last week with a 1.4. But last week Dollhouse had a 1.4 in the overnights that went up to a 1.5 in the finals.

Another tenth of an 18-49 point won’t likely save Dollhouse and it’s too bad because last night’s episode was actually pretty good ( I liked it at least as much as the vaunted sixth episode, perhaps more).

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/04/11...-whimper/16547

Comment

Friday Ratings: Dollhouse sinks to series lows

Ok, as of 10:15A PDT, I haven’t seen anything with demo data yet. Ghost Whisperer seems to have done well as usual. Dollhouse averaged a series low 2.99 million viewers, but I’m not sure yet how it performed in the demo. We do know however that FOX averaged a 1.1 among 18-49s between 8pm-10pm so its fair to guess that neither Prison Break or Dollhouse did better than a 1.2. What does this mean? Well, Prison Break was already definitely not coming back. Dollhouse looked like it was certainly not coming back either but maybe, possibly, if the ratings went up, even a little…But they did not.

Update: James Hibberd reports Dollhouse scored a series low 1.2 rating with adults 18-49 while Prison Break did a 1.0. Ghost Whisperer scored a 2.1, though even that was down 16% from its last original airing
                      http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/04/25...ns-again/17382

Comment

Updated Friday Ratings: Dollhouse sinks again, Ghost Whisperer wins again

Dollhouse sunk yet again, this time to a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating, with 3.1 million viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/02...ns-again/17885

Comment

As much as whedonites like to claim otherwise, some of this drop is definitely due to the mediocre nature of some of the episodes, and the fact that this whole idea should have spent several more years rolling around in someone's head before it was ever put down on paper. It clearly wasn't developed far enough before being put into production.

I (and everyone else, I think) also wonder how much of the continued dropping is caused by the fact that *everything* on Fridays does poorly. Even CBS shows (which are typically better than Fox shows) have poor ratings on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                            As much as whedonites like to claim otherwise, some of this drop is definitely due to the mediocre nature of some of the episodes, and the fact that this whole idea should have spent several more years rolling around in someone's head before it was ever put down on paper. It clearly wasn't developed far enough before being put into production.

I (and everyone else, I think) also wonder how much of the continued dropping is caused by the fact that *everything* on Fridays does poorly. Even CBS shows (which are typically better than Fox shows) have poor ratings on Friday.
                            I don't think there was that many who read about this show BEFORE it aired who had any realistic ideas this was going to last. You are right, the whole concept was just pathetically thought out. God, I could have come up with a better show in 30 minutes.

Comment

Friday Ratings: Dollhouse sinks to series low in finale

Dollhouse was seen by 2.8 million viewers and earned a 1.0 preliminary adults 18-49 rating. There was apparently some overrun from Prison Break which might impact Dollhouse’s numbers (possibly for the better) when it’s factored out.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/09...-delayed/18368

Comment

'Dollhouse' returns to lowest ever ratings

The second season of Dollhouse premiered to the show's lowest ever audience last night, according to early ratings data.

The opener, which guest-starred Jamie Bamber, pulled in just 2.57m for Fox in the 9pm hour. The ratings are the lowest ever for the Joss Whedon series but are roughly on par with the 2.75m audience for the first season finale in May.
                                http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a17...r-ratings.html

Comment

Working...
                                X