Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    That's a nice sentiment and all, but I'll be watching SGU so I can't
    SGU is one show I am giving a very wide berth. I wish the networks would finally give up on old fashioned ratings like Nielsen because those do not really tell the truth. How about adding Hulu and Netflix ratings, then the numbers would actually really mean something.
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Oh, I learned my lesson about Stargate shows: NEVER AGAIN. Dollhouse may not be one of the best shows on TV right now, but as far as I'm concerned it's still a far safer choice than anything Stargate.

And if the terrible ratings mean Dollhouse doesn't survive to the end of the season and I have nothing to watch Fridays at 9? I'll read a book.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        Oh, I learned my lesson about Stargate shows: NEVER AGAIN. Dollhouse may not be one of the best shows on TV right now, but as far as I'm concerned it's still a far safer choice than anything Stargate.

And if the terrible ratings mean Dollhouse doesn't survive to the end of the season and I have nothing to watch Fridays at 9? I'll read a book.
        LOL same here Lately I am reading more then watch telly. The only shows I watch are Castle, Dollhouse and NCIS
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

More good news, for a change!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            See just as I said. Those networks have to look at more then just Nielsens
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Its still not enough. We will need higher increases then that for a 3rd season.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

TBH I wouldn't consider a third season a possibility. And to be equally honest I'm not sure it deserves one. I'm watching mostly for Victor and some of the other dolls and for a mild curiosity about where it's all going, but the storyline is slower than molasses in winter and the show itself generally isn't that impressive to me. I'll probably watch the remainder of the season but if by some miracle it does get renewed for a third season I'll probably only drop in for the non-Echo eps.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                  See just as I said. Those networks have to look at more then just Nielsens
                  If only they'd see it that way! Of course, they will never see it that way because Hulu, NetFlix and DVR don't show commercials. The revenue commercials generate is the only thing networks care about.

If we want scripted television to survive, people with Nielsen boxes need to stop watching reality TV. Of course, then I refer you to the Rosanne episode where the family got a Nielsen box.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    TBH I wouldn't consider a third season a possibility. And to be equally honest I'm not sure it deserves one. I'm watching mostly for Victor and some of the other dolls and for a mild curiosity about where it's all going, but the storyline is slower than molasses in winter and the show itself generally isn't that impressive to me. I'll probably watch the remainder of the season but if by some miracle it does get renewed for a third season I'll probably only drop in for the non-Echo eps.
                    I'd more or less agree. The first half of season 1 was really, really boring. I actually stopped watching it and didn't bother coming back for months. The second half of season 1 was when things got interesting--and did they ever, that made for some good TV. Now we're back to more or less junk. The most recent episode was fun, but not what I'd call great TV like the best of season 1. And the two before that....well, sucked.

Long story short: late season 1 storytelling would make this show worthwhile. But thus far, it's had a hell of a lot more misses than hits.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The second half of season 1 was when things got interesting--and did they ever, that made for some good TV. Now we're back to more or less junk. The most recent episode was fun, but not what I'd call great TV like the best of season 1. And the two before that....well, sucked.
                      Y'know, in a way it reminds me of Stargate (both of 'em, really). The first half of the season makes you wonder why the frak you're bothering with this crap and then the second half blows you away. I didn't have much respect for that way of doing things on Stargate and I don't much care for it on Dollhouse, either.

I hate it when producers waste half a season on junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                        If only they'd see it that way! Of course, they will never see it that way because Hulu, NetFlix and DVR don't show commercials. The revenue commercials generate is the only thing networks care about.

If we want scripted television to survive, people with Nielsen boxes need to stop watching reality TV. Of course, then I refer you to the Rosanne episode where the family got a Nielsen box.
                        I never watched "Roseanne" because I didn't like the show. What happened in it?
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                          I never watched "Roseanne" because I didn't like the show. What happened in it?
                          I never much did either, but I do remember that episode. When the family got a Nielsen box, Roseanne decided that they had received one because they were poor and the company presumed they were stupid, so she made everyone watch Discovery Channel and the like to prove the company wrong.

The point is, Roseanne was asserting that Nielsen boxes are in put in homes where the results will demonstrate that people want to watch the "easy" tv shows, so any show with a hint of intellectualism will suffer. It's vaguely conspiratorial, really.

Regardless of whether they do it on purpose, the plethora of reality shows out there would seem to back Roseanne's point of view.
                          sigpic

Comment

Updated TV Ratings: Dollhouse hits low note;
                            The best episode (in my not so humble opinion) of Dollhouse to ever air on FOX….ended on something of a down note with less than a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating. Dollhouse averaged 2.147 million viewers and a .8 rating.
                            http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/24...ollhouse/31404
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              ]Updated TV Ratings: Dollhouse hits low note;

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/24...ollhouse/31404
                              Bummer... although it seems it basically maintained from "Brothers" which is interesting.

Based on what shows won the night it seems clear to me that we just need to add some ghosts and some law enforcement to the show and we'll have a hit!
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't like "Medium" at all and I am sick and tired of all those "L&O" or "CSI" series but I guess the mass of the public loves it and I have an off beat taste when it comes to telly o_O
                                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X