No announcement yet.

The End of Time, Part 2 (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the DVD cover looks a little too cluttered....but I have been staring intently at the beautiful Complete Specials box set.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      I think the DVD cover looks a little too cluttered....but I have been staring intently at the beautiful Complete Specials box set.
      john simms owns that covers
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
        I didn't understand why Martha and Mickey were looking at the Doctor so strange -- as if, *why was he even there..??* did they realize he just *saved* their life? or extended it by a few more moments?
        I think they realized that the Doctor was saying Goodbye, the same way Sarah-Jane did

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          john simms owns that covers
          ..and the multiverse
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

ive just finished watching it. (gimme a break im way behind in everything else lol) and....i think i Fangasmed a little on the ending.

martha and micky? hmmm certainly an odd couple. not sure if i like the thought of those two. the last i heard she was marrying another doctor.

rose and that hat. PFFFT hahaha sorry but she looked like such a gimp.

but the sweetest thing i think is what he did for donna as a wedding present. borrowed a quid off her dad back in time and bought her the winning lottery ticket! LOL!

and the best....had to be Matt Smith, he had me in hysterics while he was trying to kiss his legs and astonished at the size of his chin
            sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Well, that was one hell of a two parter. I've taken the time to read through the 10 pages on the end of Ten and I have to say that there are a lot of good points made both pro and con. One I thing I noticed that if I just let myself feel the episode was an incredible roller coaster of emotion. However, once I started thinking about the episode the more dissappointed I became.

Others have better articulated the problems. However, one thing I would like to point out. All the other Doctors have had the attitude of 'accept the time you have and accept that it will end." 'Pirate Planet' with TB being a good example. But with Ten we get a quote like this from River Song:

"Everybody knows that everybody dies and nobody knows it like the Doctor. But I do think that all the skies of all the worlds might just turn dark if he ever for one moment, accepts it."

Ten refuses to accept this. I personally feel that because the Doctor fought back the regeneration so long is the reason for the mayhem we see at the end. IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tardis View Post
                Well, that was one hell of a two parter. I've taken the time to read through the 10 pages on the end of Ten and I have to say that there are a lot of good points made both pro and con. One I thing I noticed that if I just let myself feel the episode was an incredible roller coaster of emotion. However, once I started thinking about the episode the more dissappointed I became.

Others have better articulated the problems. However, one thing I would like to point out. All the other Doctors have had the attitude of 'accept the time you have and accept that it will end." 'Pirate Planet' with TB being a good example. But with Ten we get a quote like this from River Song:

"Everybody knows that everybody dies and nobody knows it like the Doctor. But I do think that all the skies of all the worlds might just turn dark if he ever for one moment, accepts it."

Ten refuses to accept this. I personally feel that because the Doctor fought back the regeneration so long is the reason for the mayhem we see at the end. IMHO.
                I loved that quote. It's stuff like that that makes me very excited about the new series.

I was a bit annoyed that all the other Doctors generally accepted their impending regenerations, even welcomed them (with the possible exception of the Second Doctor, understandable since he wasn't actually dying of anything, unlike the rest, and it was forced on him)...old age / exhaustion, radiation poisoning, a bad fall, spectrox toxemia, alleged head wound, gun shot wound / botched surgery, a ruddy great Time War and absorbing the Time Vortex generally make you look forward to being reborn or at least ending the suffering, I expect.

Ten's weepy moment spoiled this cycle a bit for me, and I'd hoped he would have as much dignified acceptance of his fate as the others, but since he also had the longest time between the cause of his 'death' and his actual regeneration into the next Doctor, it made a little more sense, and that quote actually puts a new perspective on it for me - to a degree.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I loved the epi, it was so amazing. Love the timlords, the Master, Wilf and the Doctor. It was a great farewell to the Tenth Doctor and I'm glad we can see Martha, Mickey, Jack and Rose one more time.

John Simm was fantast and David was brilliant as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                    Ten's weepy moment spoiled this cycle a bit for me, and I'd hoped he would have as much dignified acceptance of his fate as the others, but since he also had the longest time between the cause of his 'death' and his actual regeneration into the next Doctor, it made a little more sense, and that quote actually puts a new perspective on it for me - to a degree.
                    I feel the same way about Donna's pleading not to be mindwiped by the Doctor. I wanted her to accept her fate, realizing the alternative. But... on the other hand, it's far more realistic for both of them to resist 'dying' as long and hard as possibly. Donna and the Doctor would still be alive but they wouldn't be the people they were. I find that incredibly sad.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      I'm going for the Complete Specials box set. I have a reward zone card with Best Buy. They are listing a sale price of $38.99 for when it comes out and I'm waiting for $20 in gift certicates from the reward zone card. I knew doing some Christmas shopping at BB would be rewarding in the end.
                      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

So did we ever find out who that timelord woman was?

And its good to see River Song will be on series 5.

Comment

I had some serious catching up to do and today I finally had the time to watch the finale.

IMHO RTD must be smoking a lot of weed, because the story was weird and not really that good. Also I can't believe that I am saying that but I honestly hope that Eleven will have his nerves and emotions more in check then Ten because he really was way to emo on the whole. The whole planet turning into Masters was just....weird ...yeah definitley weed. At first I was very happy to have the time lords back, it was also nice to see that the glove from "Torchwood" is actually from Gallifrey. Mystery solved in that regard but Rassilon...like for real? Man that guy is one of the most important and powerful time lords ever and the guy was worse off then Borussa! I know that so far basically every time lord except the doctor and Romana has come off either as a stuffy beaurocrat or as megalomaniac but this is getting ridiculous. Two things were interesting though:

The Doctor: “That’s how I choose to remember them. The Time Lords of old. But then they went to war An endless war, and it changed them. Right to the core. You’ve seen my enemies, Wilf. The Time Lords are more dangerous than any of them.”

The Master: “But this is fantastic, isn’t it? The Time Lords restored.”

The Doctor: “You weren’t there, in the final days of the war. You never saw what was born. But if the time lock’s broken then everything’s coming through—not just the Daleks, but the Skaro Degradations, the Horde of Travesties, the Nightmare Child, the Could-Have-Been King with his army of Meanwhiles and Never-Weres… The war.turned into hell And that’s what you’ve opened. Right above the Earth. Hell is descending!”

I'd like to have a story with the Nightmare Child and the Skaro Degredations only we probably never will. What did the time lords do on Skaro. Did they try to tinker again around the Daleks and only made them worse?

The Ancients in the Star Gate universe have already turned out to be a bunch of idiots and the time lords are now even worse. It was interesting though to know that Rasillion and the other old time lords basically created the Master and drove the poor man crazy. I hope the Master will retrun again. In regards of the woman - I think that was the mother from the doctor. I thought at first that she would be Romana but that would make no sense. Romana was younger then the doctor and this woman lived when Rassilon was still around. She could also have been an older incarnation of his wife! We know after all the the doctor married the wife of Omega which means means that his wife was quite a bit older. She was also the mother of his 13 children and I am sure they would both recognize each other - no matter what. Well whoever she was - his mother or his wife - she was definitely someone he knew.

In regards of good byes - they were soso I didn't like the one for Donna at all..if that is supposed to be a satisfying ending for her storyline then I have to say that it sucks. We know how brilliant Donna was and we know that she is so much more then just a little, superficial temp. She could be like Sarah Jane maybe even more, and this has been taken from her. My heart ached when Wilf said to the doctor that Donna often has moments in which she has a far away look, close to remembering and that she feels as if she has lost something important but she doesn't know what. To marry her off to some bloke and give a wad full of cash is no the answer.

The Jack/Alonso bit was also a bit stupid. I liked Jack sitting alone and sad in an alien bar but did he need to meet that guy from "Voyage of the Damned" right there. I think in his case I would have been more then okay if he still suffers the loss of Ianto and his grand-son.

Also when did Martha end up with Mickey. I thought she was engaged toThomas Milligan, married him and was on a honeymoon with him in Africa? Guess she called it off and married Mickey instead. =-\

I really liked the meeting between the doctor and the great grand daughter of Joan Redfern. That was a nice touch, as well as meeting Rose before she actually meets him! That was sweet and not overdone. I also liked the last good bye with Sarah Jane. The sad, knowing llok she gave him. I guess she knew what was happening when she looked at his serious face and the way he waved goodbye.

This finale was a bit better then the other specials before, I do have to say that, but compared to the finales in the regular show it was pretty mediocre and the storyline a mess, I will miss Ten a lot but I think I am ready for Eleven. Bring it on Stephen Moffat.
                          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                          And he's wonderful.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed both parts. I will miss DT, but what I always enjoyed was the fact that the Doctor changes every so often. I've loved them all, and all for different reasons.

But back on topic... I thought this was a fantastic way to end and the knocking by Wilf was just creepy! Loved it all!!! Bring on Matt and a new era

Comment

The Master's facebook

Comment

The Doctor's facebook - particularly like Wilfred Mott's comment...

Comment

Working...
                                X