The End of Time, Part 2 (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
    fantastic i love the master saving the doctor in the end. altho i think he did it because of what the time lords did to him sending him insane not to save the doctor. i love that it was donnas grand father that ended up getting the doctor killed not the master like everyone would think would have done it. i also like the way they allowed donna to remember but managed it so in the end she didn't die because of a safety on her and she finally got married it went full circle with donna because thats how the met on her wedding day. it also seems micky finally found someone to love him but i thought Marther already had a husband?
    The lame excuse was that it "didn't work out" with the other guy for Martha... I am baffled with the Martha / Mickey marriage thing.

But as NX01a posted on the previous page and I quote here..

Donna? WTF?! It's like being left with that retarded B4 at the end of ST: Nemesis. It looks like someone we love, but it's a neutered version. Like money could possibly compare to the wonders she experienced and, more importantly, the person she became. I'm disappointed.
    Totally agree..... We get half a person here.... Defense Mechanism? Bah!!!! at the cost of her life. Sloppy writing. IMHO
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

oh. i guess that since micky has also been with the doctor he understands her line of work better i doubt her last husband would understand what shes been thro
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        The lame excuse was that it "didn't work out" with the other guy for Martha... I am baffled with the Martha / Mickey marriage thing.
        Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
        oh. i guess that since micky has also been with the doctor he understands her line of work better i doubt her last husband would understand what shes been thro
        You know, when I ranted about this to my mum after the show, she made teh point of maybe her husband had died. Possibly in the Dalek atrack in Journey's End or noteven that. Martha had said he was workign in Africa so who's t say soemthign didn't happen to himleavign Martha widowed *shrugs* Seems more plausable than "it didn't work out" if you ask me and at least looks liek they put some thought into it.

So that's the explination I'm goign to keep in mind no matter wht they say
        If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
          You know, when I ranted about this to my mum after the show, she made teh point of maybe her husband had died. Possibly in the Dalek atrack in Journey's End or noteven that. Martha had said he was workign in Africa so who's t say soemthign didn't happen to himleavign Martha widowed *shrugs* Seems more plausable than "it didn't work out" if you ask me and at least looks liek they put some thought into it.

So that's the explanation I'm goign to keep in mind no matter wht they say

Actually I like that explanation...
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I like that explanation too. It makes sense and doesn't make Martha or her previous husband out to be unfaithful or just naive.
            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

i agree it would have been hard tho if he did die
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah... I can actually imagine a story where he dies in some alien attack, then she's distraught and Mickey helps her out, inevitably falling in love as they connect through their experiences... Maybe the Dalek attack. Because that's when Mickey and Martha meet. Maybe she goes home to find that what's-his-name died while she was off looking for the... German sounding... destroy the planet... thing. I forgot what it's called. Anyway. That would work, IMO.

Someone should write a fanfic. *hint hint to any fic writers here*

sigpic

Comment

maybe she did it would have been horrible for her if she did tho
                  sigpic

Comment

this about sums up the doctor's last adventure.
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

yes it does
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post

So that's the explination I'm goign to keep in mind no matter wht they say
                        I wouldn't really say more plausible.....I mean more relationships end because it didn't work out than because one of them died afterall.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

i agree. altho i am glad in the end she ended up with someone who understands her and what shes been thro i mean she saw the end of the world and micky has seen cyberman being born and lived in a parallel universe. i am also glad micky finally has someone who loves him for who he
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            I wouldn't really say more plausible.....I mean more relationships end because it didn't work out than because one of them died afterall.
                            Except that many of us feel that she would be intelligent and mature enough not to marry someone she shouldn't. At least that's how I feel.

sigpic

Comment

hmm have a point
                              sigpic

Comment

Shimmer!!!
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X