No announcement yet.

The End of Time, Part 2 (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a release date for the box set of all the specials?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Region 1 was released on February 2nd. My son is re watching them backwards for some unknown reason.
      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Pan View Post
        I loved the epi, it was so amazing. Love the timlords, the Master, Wilf and the Doctor. It was a great farewell to the Tenth Doctor and I'm glad we can see Martha, Mickey, Jack and Rose one more time.

John Simm was fantast and David was brilliant as usual.
        I would definitely like to see John Simm against as the Master. However, I think the door closed on his character with that spectacular confrontation with Rassilon.
        sigpic

Comment

I thought it was out? I saw it the other day

Comment

I'm really annoyed by all this..... No release date yet for the box set in Australia...... Frell

Comment

OK, I saw parts 1 and 2 together, so I'll just post my take on both here.

I loved it at first. I pretty much loved every scene with Wilfred. And insane-super-powered-Master was definitely very entertaining.

And hot. *clears throat*

But I ended up getting annoyed with the Master turning every human into... himself. I mean, I know he's insane and all... but that just seemed a little ridiculous, IMO. I LOLed when Obama turned into him though.

I absolutely loved all the interactions between the Doctor and Master, and I'm really glad they ended up giving an explanation for the way the Master is and even hinted at some goodness deep down. The way they ended it with the Master "saving" the Doctor while killing Rassilon out of revenge was great because you're not sure how much of his motivation was his wrath at the President for turning him into the monster he is and how much was stopping the President from killing the Doctor. I choose to believe it was both, at least. Because... I dunno, maybe it was just me, but I just loved how if you read between the lines and watch his expression, the Master honestly looked like deep down he wanted to go with the Doctor and explore the universe when he suggested it. And then when he asked if the drumming would go away... he seemed just short of begging him to say yes, like he wanted so badly to be rid of it, but then became afraid of losing it. It was such a huge part of him that even though it was a constant torment, the thought of losing it terrified him.
              Actually, describing it now reminds me of... well... myself. Only instead of a constant drumming I'm just very sick. But I can sort of relate in the sense that... I've been sick for so long that the thought of getting well and knowing my life could change a lot can be kind of intimidating. But now I'm kinda going off topic...

It was nice seeing all the old faces at the end, though I could've done without the scene with Jack. Mickey and Martha together works, IMO. Seeing Rose right before she met the previous Doctor was nice. And the wedding... Well, I pretty much liked all the scenes at the end except the one with Jack. Though I admit... it could've been worse.

As for David Tennant's final moments... OK, I almost cried when the Doctor got that panicked, sad look and says, "I don't want to go..." Gaaah... I wanted to run to him, give him a long, comforting hug and say, "I don't want you to go either!" XD

Now. Numbuh 11. My first reaction was negative. However, I will definitely give Matt Smith a chance, mainly for two reasons: one, my first impression may have been slightly skewed due to my sadness at seeing the 10th Doctor go and two, my first impression of 10 himself was pretty much just as negative and I certainly grew to love him.

So, there were a few things here and there that bugged me, but the most important plot points -- the 10th Doctor's finale, the Master's insanity then redemption (if you see it as such), the Time Lords temporary return -- I was saddened, touched, afraid and excited at all the right times throughout all these scenes.

All in all, I'd say it was great! Except for 10's finale... that I would call brilliant!
              Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

*psst* Long Post of DOOM warning...

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                [snip]

Furthermore, what the bloody hell was with the Doctor visiting his most recent friends and seeing them alright? He's NEVER needed to do that before.

Honestly - I think they milked this massively. DT leaving is NOT the end of everything, he's no more special than any previous Doctor, we did NOT need a 'this is your life' style walk down memory lane. Furthermore, I think they cheaped the idea of regeneration by suggesting that the next doctor is not as much of the Doctor as the current Doctor is.
                [snip]

Sure, DT had an emotional performance, but in my opinion, it was an unnecessary one.
                I think that was just the 10th Doctor's personality. As others have mentioned, he was a bit arrogant at times, not to mention a bit vain. But I also think he was just a little more sentimental than previous Doctors. Knowing his personality was going to change (so while he's the same person, the change is significant) was change enough for him. If I knew I was going to change significantly, I wouldn't be eager to either. And the only reason he went around visiting the people he's known as this version of himself was that, for one thing he actually had the opportunity to before he regenerated, and he also knew he may very well not feel the same about them after regenerating.

As for "cheaping" regeneration... if anything, they did the opposite. I never got any implication that the next Doctor was to be any worse. They just stressed the fact that he will be changing significantly. I'm sure part of it was that RTD wanted a grand finale for himself and for Tennant, but it seemed in character for the 10th Doctor to make a bigger deal about regeneration to me.

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                Was I the only one expecting Christopher Eccelston (9th Doctor) to show up when David Tennant (10th Doctor) was strugling to get back to the TARDIS and help him just after he sees pre-Doctor Rose?
                [snip]
                Also, where did The Master go? We didn't see him die or dissapear in anyway?
                While I wasn't expecting it, I certainly would have loved it.

I assumed that either he was pulled back into the time lock with the others or he drained what was left of his life force by killing Rassilon. So... I don't think he'll be back. At least not played by Simm. Which is sad... because I loved him as the Master... but I just don't see how they can bring him back without doing something really lame plot-wise.

Originally posted by Madeleine View Post
                I loved it. The Doctor Should die saving a single person; not the whole universe, just one friend.
                [snip]
                Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                [snip]
                Wilf being the Doctor's death. It was so simple and unexpected and it worked! Huge emotional impact because of the simplicity of it.
                Exactly! I loved that. I mean, he's saved the universe so many times... but how often does he give his life/regeneration for just one friend? I think it was the best end to 10, myself.

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                [snip]
                Err... why did the Tardis start falling apart? Though my theory is because the Doctor is trying to fight the regeneration and the Tardis is reacting to the turmoil within him.
                I agree with that theory.

Originally posted by Smegger56 View Post
                The doctor is the doctor, no matter what. But it can also be perceived as a different person. Thats what makes doctor who such a great character. I can understand what he says. Unlike previous Doctors, as far as i'm aware, they didn't know that they would have to regenerate. No 10 does. He's had all this time tho think about it. Each personality of the doctor is ever so different. For me, his reaction makes sense considering he knew it was going to happen.
                I agree.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                [snip]
                The sad thing is I've heard a number of people say they're not going to watch Dr Who anymore now that David Tennant's left, it's a shame that people have not bothered to follow a show properly but just watch because the lead actor is hot
                There's a lot more to him than hotness... his acting ability, like you mentioned, and the depth he brought to the role. Not saying other Doctor's didn't bring any, but he definitely added to it in his own way. But yeah, I agree that it's sad that people will stop watching it just because he's gone. I admit to not expecting much from Matt Smith and to being a 10th Doctor fan (not a DT fan... just him as 10 as I haven't seen him in much), but I'm certainly going to continue watching. Smith deserves the same chance I gave Tennant, after all... and I didn't like my first impression of him either.

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                [snip]
                The problem was made worse by BBC America. They just threw the commercials in and destroyed emotional sequences at least twice.
                O rly? Not at all surprised, but still... I intend to watch it again on DVD eventually. I hate missing stuff. *is American*

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                Well if you assume Martha and that Tom Milligan broke up (must of done clearly) then I reckon her and Mickey make a great match. In the end they both toughened up alot over the series. at the start of season 3, martha may have been an adventurer but she was also the damsel in distress much of the time. In the same way Mickey had a knack for getting himself into trouble and needing help to get out of it. But in the end Mickey had to fight a war with the cybermen and Martha joined UNIT. The Doctor showed them both how to be strong and them being seperated from him allowed them to really grow. They sound fairly alike to me.
                I agree. I liked seeing them together and think they fit fine.

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                [snip]
                Visiting Rose seemed more like a side trip, tho. It was fortunate he got out of there and off of the earth before he regenerated. I thought sure he was going to end up doing so in the middle of the street, or get hit by some car wildly flying thru and out of control in the snow.
                [snip]
                LOL! Thanks for the mental picture... XD

*all dramatic, Rose walks away, the Ood appears... some car turns the corner, driver sees the Ood, freaks and loses control of the car running straight towards the Doctor*

Doctor: "O.o ... Oh dear." *SMASH* LOL

Sorry, the rest of your post was great. I just LOLed at that part.
                Last edited by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel; 16 February 2010, 06:44 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
                  Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
                  The Doctor's facebook - particularly like Wilfred Mott's comment...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ebook-page.jpg

Where did you get these? Or did you make them yourself?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel View Post

Where did you get these? Or did you make them yourself?
                    it's people who pretend to be the characters on facebook. oh that's hilarious
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

OMG that was so awesome tonight...

OMG wasn't that wizard?

Fun, fun, fun...

The Master saving the day. OMG... Who would have thunk that?

Timothy Dalton makes an excellent time Lord.

The Doctor crossing his own timeline to see Rose before he first met her. Now that was a little naughty.. The Ood singing to him across time..... And finally that regeneration.... That appears to have gone a bit wonky........

TARDIS falling apart. Crashing to Earth.

Oh wow hey... And we see Doctor Mummy..... His mummy is a Time Lord... Ooh

Now that we have seen all the bleeding specials where can you buy the complete set? And which DVD region is it

Comment

Now that we have seen all the bleeding specials where can you buy the complete set? And which DVD region is it

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                          :'(

The Bad:[/B]
                          >Almost everything not involving the Time Lords or the last 20 minutes.
                          >Having said ^... SO much of the last 20 minutes only made a connection on an emotional level but didn't work story-wise:
                          Spoiler:
                          >Donna? WTF?! It's like being left with that retarded B4 at the end of ST: Nemesis. It looks like someone we love, but it's a neutered version. Like money could possibly compare to the wonders she experienced and, more importantly, the person she became. I'm disappointed.
                          >Smith and Jones? RTD married off the two black people on the show? Seriously?
                          >Jack and Alonso? Gay guys obviously meet each other in bars. I realize they were both sad and lost [though Alonso lost his ship a few years ago...] but still... AND it really makes Ianto seem like just another boink in Jack's long life of boinks. Maybe Alonso is The One, but I doubt it.

I agree with all of the above even the bit hidden in spoilers.... Moreso with this bit. After seeing the episode Donna is very much like B4 in ST Nemesis and is onlyl half a person.. Still maybe new Doctor could cure her...

Comment

They are on Amazon.com here:
                            http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Com...6765839&sr=8-1

And Amazon.co.uk here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-C...6765904&sr=8-1

Hope this helps
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post

Cool I know where I am shopping this week

Comment

fantastic i love the master saving the doctor in the end. altho i think he did it because of what the time lords did to him sending him insane not to save the doctor. i love that it was donnas grand father that ended up getting the doctor killed not the master like everyone would think would have done it. i also like the way they allowed donna to remember but managed it so in the end she didn't die because of a safety on her and she finally got married it went full circle with donna because thats how the met on her wedding day. it also seems micky finally found someone to love him but i thought Marther already had a husband?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X