The End of Time, Part 2 (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
    .......the series is doomed, without Tennant it's screwed apparently he's been voted best doctor ever, according to some suspicous site I have never seen before.
    And finally, the biggest moment.....Matt White.....umm yeah...I hope he gets a new suit, because he looked kind of...well weird with Tennants suit (yeah I know it will change just saying)

They say don't judge a book by it's cover.....unfortunately I have to in this case I have little confidence in Matt White........besides he doesn't have the doctors good looks

Gonna watch 1 maybe 2 episodes but I have lost hope, it's just not the same.....I almost broke down crying after seeing The Doctor thinking he was a girl...and when he turned into White

Although I think that woman the Doctor noticed with the Time lords was his mother.

Oh and I noticed a mistake the Old Dude knocked 16 times!
    Oh for God's sake, it's Doctor Who not The David Tennant Show, Dr Who will survive without David Tennant and will carry on without Matt Smith as well (BTW that's the actor's name, Matt White is an Australian Cyclist)
    <Snipped by Moderator>
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 January 2010, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Matt White is also the name of a shade of paint,so let's just use the actor's real name folks.

Or at least make it clearer if you're joking around.

Whichever's easier.

Also mind you tag the trailer/spec spoilers for the new Doc's episodes .
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Matt White?

I don't get it
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
          Matt White?

I don't get it
          I think the poster was trying to be funny

And failed miserably

Or really thought that the Australian cyclist was Dr 11

Comment

.......the series is doomed, without Tennant it's screwed apparently he's been voted best doctor ever, according to some suspicous site I have never seen before.

Spoiler:
            Down to buisness umm

.Those humpty dumpty people back (sontarans I think)
            .Doctor finally uses a gun
            .Time lords YAY
            .That guy from Hot Fuzz as that time lord dude
            .Doctor going back to say hi to Rose
            .Total Lol at the whole of chinas army being the master....I would say something smart about that but it wouldn't be right
            .Doctor thinking he was a girl
            .LOL at cheating in the lottery
            .Jack being in a bar....I imagine he would be a nice fellow being a drunkard
            .Although I do mention the "I don't get it" in the mickey/martha...gun happy couple seems nice...just like Mr and Mrs Smith......wait if Martha took up Mickeys last name......doesn't that REALLY make them mr and mrs smith?!?!

Dislikes: Total WTH at those pointless Cactus people
            .Doctor screwing his people
            .Mickey/Martha or whatever her name is married, I just don't get it
            .No daleks should of shown a dalek/time lord battle scene imo
            .The old dude HAVING to get trapped, can't he have oh I dunno NOT DONE THAT
            .Cactus people not being killed off
            .Lack of old friends helping out
            .Oh and Did I mention the cactus's...oh sorry the proper term is Cactii
            .The lameness of Matt White came close or did destroy the tardis

And finally, the biggest moment.....Matt White.....umm yeah...I hope he gets a new suit, because he looked kind of...well weird with Tennants suit (yeah I know it will change just saying)

They say don't judge a book by it's cover.....unfortunately I have to in this case I have little confidence in Matt White........besides he doesn't have the doctors good looks

Gonna watch 1 maybe 2 episodes but I have lost hope, it's just not the same.....I almost broke down crying after seeing The Doctor thinking he was a girl...and when he turned into White

Although I think that woman the Doctor noticed with the Time lords was his mother.

Oh and I noticed a mistake the Old Dude knocked 16 times![
            Yes the Doctor has actually been voted the best doctor several times from several sites and magazines and such.........but there's no reason why matt smith won't be voted top dog in a years time. The Doctor Regenerates.....it's what he does.......David Tennent wanted to leave the show........doesn't mean the end of the world.

Anyway for the Record the Timelord who was in Hot Fuzz also played James Bond.

Why is it bad that the Doctor Screwed his people over?.....They wanted to destroy the universe. Not exactly people you want back.

As for Wilf getting trapped.....he did kinda do it to save someone elses life. He saw that other guy trapped so he went to get him out. Pretty honourable I'd say.

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
            I don't think so. They were both holding hands after the last defeat of the Daleks eppy. So, as Mickey said--
            Spoiler:
            basically he severed all romantic connections with Rose, and started a new life elsewhere -- one with Martha.
            Mickey and Martha weren't holding hands. I don't think they even spoke in that entire episode really. Martha and Jack were holding hands. Mickey just tagged along afterwards. But you can imagine that they got to know eachother afterwards. The only thing I want to know is what happend to that Tom Milligan she was engaged with in season 4. I mean it's probably something terribly ordinary but still. It was a bit weird given then act he was never mentioned after the doctors daughter.

Oh, I will definitely miss the music. That is one area the has greatly improved over the years (and that includes all the way back to the very beginning of the entire series in 1963.. =)
            I think the music will maintain its awesomness. As far as I know Murray Gold is still going to do the music for the show. Or at least he better do cos he does some of the best soundtracks around.
            Last edited by P-90_177; 03 January 2010, 05:41 AM.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

[QUOTE=P-90_17;11075044]
              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Down to buisness umm

.Those humpty dumpty people back (sontarans I think)
              .Doctor finally uses a gun
              .Time lords YAY
              .That guy from Hot Fuzz as that time lord dude
              .Doctor going back to say hi to Rose
              .Total Lol at the whole of chinas army being the master....I would say something smart about that but it wouldn't be right
              .Doctor thinking he was a girl
              .LOL at cheating in the lottery
              .Jack being in a bar....I imagine he would be a nice fellow being a drunkard
              .Although I do mention the "I don't get it" in the mickey/martha...gun happy couple seems nice...just like Mr and Mrs Smith......wait if Martha took up Mickeys last name......doesn't that REALLY make them mr and mrs smith?!?!

Dislikes: Total WTH at those pointless Cactus people
              .Doctor screwing his people
              .Mickey/Martha or whatever her name is married, I just don't get it
              .No daleks should of shown a dalek/time lord battle scene imo
              .The old dude HAVING to get trapped, can't he have oh I dunno NOT DONE THAT
              .Cactus people not being killed off
              .Lack of old friends helping out
              .Oh and Did I mention the cactus's...oh sorry the proper term is Cactii
              .The lameness of Matt White came close or did destroy the tardis

Oh and I noticed a mistake the Old Dude knocked 16 times![
              /QUOTE]

Yes the Doctor has actually been voted the best doctor several times from several sites and magazines and such.........but there's no reason why matt smith won't be voted top dog in a years time. The Doctor Regenerates.....it's what he does.......David Tennent wanted to leave the show........doesn't mean the end of the world.

Anyway for the Record the Timelord who was in Hot Fuzz also played James Bond.

Why is it bad that the Doctor Screwed his people over?.....They wanted to destroy the universe. Not exactly people you want back.

As for Wilf getting trapped.....he did kinda do it to save someone elses life. He saw that other guy trapped so he went to get him out. Pretty honourable I'd say.

Mickey and Martha weren't holding hands. I don't think they even spoke in that entire episode really. Martha and Jack were holding hands. Mickey just tagged along afterwards. But you can imagine that they got to know eachother afterwards. The only thing I want to know is what happend to that Tom Milligan she was engaged with in season 4. I mean it's probably something terribly ordinary but still. It was a bit weird given then act he was never mentioned after the doctors daughter.

I think the music will maintain its awesomness. As far as I know Murray Gold is still going to do the music for the show. Or at least he better do cos he does some of the best soundtracks around.
              Spoilered for length

Agree with everything you said there

Comment

I really have to laugh when people are trying to figure out who the "The Woman" was.

Spoiler:
                One of the two dissident Time Lords, described as "The Woman" in the credits, visits Wilf on several occasions, appearing and disappearing in unexplained ways. When she lowers her arms to stare at the Tenth Doctor he appears to recognise her, but when later asked by Wilf about her identity, he evades the question. Though the woman is never identified in the story, [Executive Producer] Julie Gardner refers to her as "The Doctor's mother", and British newspapers The Daily Telegraph and The Daily Mail identified the character as such as early as April 2009.

If you quote this in a reply don't be a tard. Maintain the spoilers tag.
                How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                  Nurse Joan's great grand daughter; Joan is in Human Nature/Family of Blood
                  i just e-watched the ep i missed her saying john smith
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by aarlin81 View Post
                    I really have to laugh when people are trying to figure out who the "The Woman" was.

Spoiler:
                    One of the two dissident Time Lords, described as "The Woman" in the credits, visits Wilf on several occasions, appearing and disappearing in unexplained ways. When she lowers her arms to stare at the Tenth Doctor he appears to recognise her, but when later asked by Wilf about her identity, he evades the question. Though the woman is never identified in the story, [Executive Producer] Julie Gardner refers to her as "The Doctor's mother", and British newspapers The Daily Telegraph and The Daily Mail identified the character as such as early as April 2009.

If you quote this in a reply don't be a tard. Maintain the spoilers tag.
                    Only Julie Gardner didn;t write the episode, and if you listen to the commentary she made with RTD he goes all "oh, really is that what you think?" and never answers. It is left open on purpose. You choose to go with that interpretation, fine. Doesn't mean it's the only one - not until RTD says so himself anyway, and he never will because he wanted it to stay open.
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I noticed some thing that Time Lord President said and I thought of "Blink"
                      - The vote is taken.
                      - Only two stand against.
                      - And will stand as monument to their shame, like the Weeping Angels of old.
                      Anyone knows when exactly will the new DW season start?

Comment

Originally posted by rukia View Post

I imagine sometime in March/April.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JRDTECH View Post
                          Because it gave the Time lords a link outside of the time lock. Remember in the beginning the time lords are explaining that the Master went insane after looking into the untempered schism(sp?). Rassilon somehow realized that the Master's insanity was no accident and ordered the simple beat of four sent back through the schism thus creating the link.
                          Thanks. they did sort of explain it in the story, but I wasn't sure if it was something they planned out or something they merely took advantage of.

I thought of that, too. In fact, the very positions the actors took appeared to be the same as the original weeping angels.. and I was wondering if maybe the Time Lords imprisoned the souls of the specific two who opposed their VOTE into the statues.. along with others.. What got me thinking about that, was the very idea of Gallifrey being in the Medusa Cascade system... and What did the mythical Medusa do upon those who looked upon her? She turned them into stone.
                          OOOOOOooooooo.. the theoretical possibilities there..

And keep in mind what happened in the FIVE DOCTORS (Peter Davidson era) eppy, too..
                          Spoiler:
                          there might be clues at the end of the ep there about the imprisoned in *statue* there, too.. hmmmm

not that I approve of it, but it does seem (highly) plausible and possible.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd
                          I didn't understand Martha and Mickey at all, alternate universe maybe?

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                          I don't think so. They were both holding hands after the last defeat of the Daleks eppy. So, as Mickey said--
                          Spoiler:
                          basically he severed all romantic connections with Rose, and started a new life elsewhere -- one with Martha.

So, it wasn't entirely unexpected based on and from that particular moment in time.

Anywho.. =) Watching the marathon of eps (on BBC-America) put too much info overload in..

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          no.. I'm pretty sure it was Mickey holding hands with Martha. I just got overdosed with BBC-America's nearly 48-hour marathon of DW eps, and that was one of the eps I got sort of glued to my chair in.

Spoiler:
                          Jack and Martha started out walking down the sidewalk together, and I think Jack put his arm around Martha initially. A few moments later, Mickey saundered off to join them and when he caught up with them, he came between them, or got in the middle of them both. Shortly after a few snippets back to the Doctor/TARDIS, and the camera showed Jack sort of walked a few paces ahead and that's when Mickey took Martha's hand.

I checked back on the Journey's End topic, and one person made the comment about Mickey and Martha possibly having a future *relationship*.

I'll have to find it on DVD and rewatch to be 100% more certain; but it did take me by surprise, because I thought it would have been Jack who would have done that (and even looked specifically at who was wearing what during the segment to identify who was whom from *behind* -- camera angle), but that's the way the scene panned out -- fresh in memory.

Someday, I'll take another look-see, but I can't do it right now (busy with other home things).

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          well, I *do* hope you're right on that. It took me a while to figure out that the haunting "Ooooo" vocal singing was a variation of the intro theme to the entire series.. So was that awesome (nearly 5-minute) musical sequence during the end of "Waters of Mars".. and because of the marathon, I've been able to hear variation snippets of the same theme in various forms thruout the other eps, as well. Awesome music job, indeed!

Comment

Usually easter weekend, it has been for the last few years

Comment

I have a few questions about this episode:

Was Martha on Earth?
                              Who was the woman Wilf kept seeing?
                              Wasnt Rose in a different dimension so the Doctor could never see here again? And I'm sure there was 1 episode which involved 2 Roses?
                              Where was Jack, did he get left in Cardiff the last time he was on Doctor Who?
                              "You don't know half of it".
                              Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                              (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                                I have a few questions about this episode:

Was Martha on Earth?
                                Who was the woman Wilf kept seeing?
                                Wasnt Rose in a different dimension so the Doctor could never see here again? And I'm sure there was 1 episode which involved 2 Roses?
                                Where was Jack, did he get left in Cardiff the last time he was on Doctor Who?
                                We have to assume Martha and Mickey were on Earth, and THIS reality, not an alternate one.

The woman is, as yet, unidentified.

No ep with two Roses. Rose IS in a different dimension, sealed away with a human version of the Doctor. However that's present day, she still exists in this reality in history, which is where the Doctor visited her.

Jack:

Spoiler:

Was in some random alien bar. At the end of Torchwood: Children of Earth, he hitchhikes away from Earth in a fit of dispair.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X