• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fantastic ep
    sigpic

Comment

[He begins to look around in a hurried state.]

Doctor: Something else – there was something else! Something – important I’m [beginning to tap his temples with his fingers] I’m – I’m –

[A massive explosion shakes the TARDIS. The Doctor looks up at the core of the ship with a delighted grin.]

Doctor: Ha-ha! Crashing!

[As the burning TARDIS hurtles through space towards the Earth, the Doctor runs around wildly.]

Doctor: Ha-ha! Wa-hoo! Woo hoo hoo! Ha! Geronimo!
      [FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=3]
      Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 11 March 2010, 08:46 PM.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i love that. i bought these two specials yesterday
        sigpic

Comment

(in story)

do you think the tenth doctor purposely tried to destroy the tardis with the regeneration energy??

open to anyone.

Comment

why would he destroy the tardis?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              (in story)

do you think the tenth doctor purposely tried to destroy the tardis with the regeneration energy??

open to anyone.

I am not sure.......Why do you think that?
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

(in story)

open to anyone.
                I don't think so. Maybe if he was finally dying. But he was merely regenerating so he'd have no reason to.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

(in story)

open to anyone.
                  I don't think he intentionally fired the energy into the console. In fact, I think the TARDIS was partially experiencing sympathy pains. Since it is a living, psychic machine and is apparently very fond of the Doctor (maybe this incarnation more than the others even), I think it felt the Tenth Doctor's anguish and physical pain.

I think it reacted to this, especially since the Doctor was presumably in an immense amount of pain from a) the radiation damage to his body and b) from maybe delaying the regeneration, not to mention how much emotional pain Ten may have been in. So maybe it was even allowing the regeneration energy to cause the damage, by lowering defenses or such, as a prelude to remodelling - a sort of sympathetic regeneration.

Maybe it's the TARDIS equivalent of strong emotion, who knows? That or Ten was so bitter about his death he decided to make life difficult for the next incarnation...
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I don't think he did it on purpose either, though to be honest I barely saw it as I was sobbing into my handkerchief at the time. I think I need to watch it again (any excuse for a re-watch! )

Comment

i agree with both Sealurk an blencathra i don't think he would do it on purpose.
                      sigpic

Comment

(in story)

open to anyone.
                        Nah, not on purpose at least....

Comment

watched it again it is a great episode
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            I don't think he intentionally fired the energy into the console. In fact, I think the TARDIS was partially experiencing sympathy pains. Since it is a living, psychic machine and is apparently very fond of the Doctor (maybe this incarnation more than the others even), I think it felt the Tenth Doctor's anguish and physical pain.

I think it reacted to this, especially since the Doctor was presumably in an immense amount of pain from a) the radiation damage to his body and b) from maybe delaying the regeneration, not to mention how much emotional pain Ten may have been in. So maybe it was even allowing the regeneration energy to cause the damage, by lowering defenses or such, as a prelude to remodelling - a sort of sympathetic regeneration.

Maybe it's the TARDIS equivalent of strong emotion, who knows? That or Ten was so bitter about his death he decided to make life difficult for the next incarnation...
                            I agree with the first idea. I actually like that.

So no, I don't think the Doctor did it on purpose. I am open to the idea that the TARDIS did it to itself, possibly by lowering it's defenses in a sort of empathic connection to the Doctor.
                            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

i agree. the tardis has been the doctors for a long time it is possible that it in some level has a connection and friendship with the doctor even tho i did notice the tardis tends to take him to were the trouble is
                              sigpic

Comment

i watched this yesterday now that it's on netflix and i have to admit it i enjoyed it so much more this time around. maybe cause now DT's gone i don't know but it really holds up well as the final story of ten and RTD.

but as i said the first time around john simms really hit it out of the park playing the master in this.

Comment

Working...
                                X