Death in Heaven (3412/812)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
    Not everyone is a hero and perhaps the events in Nightmare reminder Clara that she was, after all, even with the Doctor, just human. She therefore wanted to return to normal. But, traveling in time and space is like a drug and she just couldn't stop herself.
    Yeah, let's call having ADVENTURES THROUGH TIME AND SPACE a drug addiction.
    It's like if Star Wars VII made lightsaber duels analogous to abortion, it's dumb.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
      Yeah, let's call having ADVENTURES THROUGH TIME AND SPACE a drug addiction.
      It's like if Star Wars VII made lightsaber duels analogous to abortion, it's dumb.
      It's not dumb at all. Similar kind of things happen sometimes in real life when soldiers return to civilian life.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        It's not dumb at all. Similar kind of things happen sometimes in real life when soldiers return to civilian life.
        Except that Clara isn't a soldier and she has no reason to return to normal life.
        You have to ask yourself: would you?
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Except that Clara isn't a soldier and she has no reason to return to normal life.
          You have to ask yourself: would you?
          In the case of Danny where she's obviously fallen in love and doesn't have feelings for the Doctor any more then yeah she does have a reason to return to a normal life. There's nothing unbelievable about it.

Comment

I just thought of some funny things.

Are the Ponds dead in some grave on Earth? Would they have been resurrected as Cybermen?

Also Harriet Jones can you picture this, and it begs to be a youtube.

Cyber Harriet "Harriet Jones ex human, ex MP Flydale Noth" holds up Cyber ID

Cybermen "We know who you are"
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

In the case of Danny where she's obviously fallen in love and doesn't have feelings for the Doctor any more then yeah she does have a reason to return to a normal life. There's nothing unbelievable about it.
              But the teaching thing started before he even met Danny.

Comment

But the teaching thing started before he even met Danny.
                Clara never travelled full time with the Doctor in the first place. She always clearly saw the value in doing her own thing along with the occasional trip.

Comment

Clara never travelled full time with the Doctor in the first place. She always clearly saw the value in doing her own thing along with the occasional trip.
                  That must have meant an AWFUL lot of day trips, to get to the point that's implied by "Day of the Doctor", or even "Death in Heaven" (after the betrayal).

Comment

What own thing? Wasting time doing what anyone else can?

Comment

What own thing? Wasting time doing what anyone else can?
                      Yes. May seem illogical to an outsider, but that's people for you...

Comment

We're talking about ALL OF TIME AND SPACE, people. Gollum would give the One Ring for that!

Comment

We're talking about ALL OF TIME AND SPACE, people. Gollum would give the One Ring for that!
                          There is something to be said for human interaction. I'm sure it must get lonely for his companions considering they're all alone except for him.

Comment

I would love to travel through time and space but if I had to risk my life daily I would have to give it a pass. It would be like a soldier traveling the world but getting shot out everywhere he or she went.

Comment

To bad the Doctor doesn't really do that anymore.
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

That's the point - the world is, thankfully, full of different people. Not everyone would find the offer to be compelling for full-time occupation.

Comment

Working...
                                X