Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
    I'd probably watch that

Principal: and what do we do with the naughty children
    Clara: Exterminate
    Danny: Delete

Actually Clara would say "Eggsterminate"
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Steven Moffat has completely pissed me off with this episode.

I'm not sure I can forgive him for what he did to The Brigadier's memory there...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Better than the phone call from The Wedding Of River Song...

Speaking of Lethbridge-Stewart(I love that name), has anyone else noticed that the new series never explained who he was beyond some army leader in UNIT? Are parents expected to lecture kids on why these random people are so revered or feared?

I know DW is a continuation, not a reboot and so it technically works, but an episode dedicated entirely to UNIT(the real one, not the one with "protocols") wouldn't have hurt the show.
        Last edited by rushy; 11 November 2014, 12:50 PM.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          Better than the phone call from The Wedding Of River Song...

Speaking of Lethbridge-Stewart(I love that name), has anyone else noticed that the new series never explained who he was beyond some army leader in UNIT? Are parents expected to lecture kids on why these random people are so revered or feared?

I know DW is a continuation, not a reboot and so it technically works, but an episode dedicated entirely to UNIT(the real one, not the one with "protocols") wouldn't have hurt the show.
          The Sarah Jane adventures had an episode with him in it that summed him up quite nicely. But there's not much you really need to know. Certainly nothing kids wouldn't be able to figure out.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I felt what they did to the Brigadier in this episode was kind of insulting..... Having his dead remains reanimated as a Cyberman was insulting. That salute at the end also made no sense as it has been done before.....

Also if he's a Cyber is also Dead Amy and Rory? What about other long dead companions on Earth, were they all Cybers too?

Comment

Again, it was a lot less insulting than calling the hospital and finding "woops, he's dead" in the middle of an episode...
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Again, it was a lot less insulting than calling the hospital and finding "woops, he's dead" in the middle of an episode...
                I found that pretty touching actually.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  I found that pretty touching actually.
                  It might've been if not for the fact it came out of nowhere. You might say he wanted his advice or whatever, but to us, the Doctor hadn't seen him for 500 years or so and then suddenly calls him?

Plus, he could've pulled a John Smith and visited him before his death.

Comment

Well...that episode\season has come and gone...usually I'm really missing the show at the end of a season and anxiously await the next season...usually

*Hoping next season there are some big changes*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                      Well...that episode\season has come and gone...usually I'm really missing the show at the end of a season and anxiously await the next season...usually

*Hoping next season there are some big changes*
                      In the case of Doctor Who, I think the first season is perhaps the tricky one, not the "tricky second season". It's the one where you have to assert your character, typically different from the previous incumbent, though often with the same companion (who was written/designed/picked for/by your predecessor). This has perhaps never been truer, with the young-looking but old-feeling MS giving way to a back-to-basics super-regeneration older, non-physical, confused Doctor, but still stuck with big-eyed BFF (albeit slightly different back-story).

This season has seen it all. The really hard first episode, the even trickier second, then into the mill with a series of stories that expand the character and yet still lead towards the finale. I think there have been some good episodes, perhaps really good. Some that seemed pretty meh on first watching, but generally have improved on a second. Not every week are we going to be lucky enough to get a Blink or Day of the Doctor, so I don't think it's been too bad. What we need, is a custom-fit companion, a decent one more suitable to the new character/age, not one that's guiding/restricting the direction of the season to allow an exit.

Comment

I think what you mean is: we need a companion who is not a neurotic jerk.

Comment

I think what you mean is: we need a companion who is not a neurotic jerk.
                          For me that would be a little harsh. She went from first encounter to finger-snapping, drop everything to join in with the Doctor (i.e. Day of the Doctor) in eight/nine episodes. From that point, (and where did the two kids go, after Nightmare in Silver?) she's done that rather un-companion-ish behaviour and tried to resume normal life with intermittent Doctoring. As dealt with sharply this season. It's not a hobby and she found that out the hard way. But by trying to also lead a normal life she fell, as it were, for that most common human failing, in love. And yet still tried to run with the Doctor. Bound to end in a mess.

Comment

It might be a compelling storyline, but why waste time on a companion who bosses around, doesn't do as she's told in times of crisis, is definitely untrustworthy except for claiming how awesome she is without ever doing anything?
                            Jamie McCrimmon never had any story arc and no one made a fuss out of that. We don't need this stuff for everyone. The companion and Doctor life worked for the Ponds because they were getting older. What's Clara's excuse? "I wanna teach some kids instead of traversing time and space"?
                            Oh give me a break!

Comment

Not everyone is a hero and perhaps the events in Nightmare reminder Clara that she was, after all, even with the Doctor, just human. She therefore wanted to return to normal. But, traveling in time and space is like a drug and she just couldn't stop herself.

Comment

OK I think that the Missy we saw in the graveyard interacting with the Doctor was in fact a copy of the real Missy and that's why she "died" so easily.... We shall see her again.

Comment

Working...
                                X