No announcement yet.

The Pandorica Opens (3112/512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thinking there was along the lines of first seeing the omega symbol on River's jacket in Time of Angels (though why it she would have it on her jacket I haven't figured out yet ) But after watching TPO I got to thinking that the Omega may try to get retribution on the last living Time Lord for being abandoned in the anti-matter universe. What better way of getting revenge than condeming the Doctor to spend eons alone in the Pandorica - just as the Omega had been alone in the other universe. To me it would explain why the Doctor has been imprisoned rather than killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      "Silence will fall" - ARGH!!! *smacks head* Why do I know that voice?!?! I am sure I've heard it before somewhere but where?!?!
      I've been doing the same thing! I'm going to try and methodically think my way backwards through the eps to see if I can get any insight, but my mind's too jumbled at the moment. There's a hint that Moffat has been laying tiny references for some time, so it may not just be series 5/31/fnarg. Gah!! Brain-melt!

Here it is again, for reference:

Spoiler:

I've also been listening to YouTube clips with Davros. It's similar, but there's a distinct difference. If anything, it's closer to Derek Jacobi's Master, but even there it differs. This is going to drive me insane...
      Last edited by Sealurk; 20 June 2010, 11:20 AM.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Until Saturday.

Comment

Trust me, I will have gone insane long before Saturday (some still maintain it happened years ago) . I think I can hold out until Wednesday tea-time at best...

I know that voice, I'm sure of it. Is it just the voice of a well-known actor (Ian McDiarmid!!!) that I'm recognising, or have I heard it before in Doctor Who?
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            My thinking there was along the lines of first seeing the omega symbol on River's jacket in Time of Angels (though why it she would have it on her jacket I haven't figured out yet ) But after watching TPO I got to thinking that the Omega may try to get retribution on the last living Time Lord for being abandoned in the anti-matter universe. What better way of getting revenge than condeming the Doctor to spend eons alone in the Pandorica - just as the Omega had been alone in the other universe. To me it would explain why the Doctor has been imprisoned rather than killed.
            The omega symbol isn't important. It showed up on all of the priests equipment and uniforms too. But it's only been made a reference to in that one two parter.
            Remember that the main things that matter in this series are repeated throughout the series.

Besides from what we can gather it is the Evil league of evil acting by themselves to trap the Doctor to save the world. No sign so far that someone else is involved in that particular aspect of the story.

I suspect though that whatever is behind the TARDIS exploding it is a big enough threat the Doctor may convince the Evil league of Evil to help him.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Bloody brillant episode

Dr imprisioned
              Amy dead
              Rory turned killer robot
              River trapped in an exploding Tardis
              Tardis blowing up...
              ...and destorying the entire universe, and all universes.

Plus an alliance of evil and that voice proclaiming the fall of silence.

I can hardly think how this will be resolved. Unless the Dr is taken out of spacetime itself by the voice.

And did I mention is was fantastic the whole way though? Everything was right!
              Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
              Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
              Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
              Song: Louder!
              Dalek louder: Mercy!
              Song: One more time.
              Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Im guessing this Omega and the Black Guardian are from pre 2005 Doctor Who as I havent heard of them
                The voice is also puzzling me a bit, I know Ive heard it before but I just cant for the life of me figure out where
                Wish Saturday would come and just relieve this mystery
                I think its going to be a twist or a big suprise whoever it is

Do you think they may make a mini trailer for the episode or maybe release a non spoiler clip, but maybe any part of the episode could show a spoiler

Comment

They can't do a trailer because anything they do will be a spoiler: if there's a scene with the doctor out of the pandorica, amy running about or river not on the tardis, then it gives the game away. Probably why there wasn't any "next on doctor who" after the credits.

Comment

There are actually four images up on the Offical Doctor Who site which are EXTREAMLY spoilerish.
                    If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                      There are actually four images up on the Offical Doctor Who site which are EXTREAMLY spoilerish.
                      Thanks for the warning! I'll skip that particular site until I see Part 2 next Saturday.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Thanks for the warning! I'll skip that particular site until I see Part 2 next Saturday.
                        Some times being a spoiler addict is a good thing They're plannign to release more spoilers on the site over the next few days.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                          Im guessing this Omega and the Black Guardian are from pre 2005 Doctor Who as I havent heard of them
                          The voice is also puzzling me a bit, I know Ive heard it before but I just cant for the life of me figure out where
                          Wish Saturday would come and just relieve this mystery
                          I think its going to be a twist or a big suprise whoever it is

Do you think they may make a mini trailer for the episode or maybe release a non spoiler clip, but maybe any part of the episode could show a spoiler
                          Yeah both of them are from the classic run.
                          Omega was essentially the first Timelord that invented time travel. But he was locked away in another universe after seemingly dieing during the destruction of a star. This led to him growing very bitter towards timelords and he later tried to destroy them all.
                          The Black Guardian however, to put it simply, is the personification of all evil, darkness and chaos in the universe.

Well they aren't that bad but I'd advise people who don't like spoilers not to look.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Well they aren't that bad but I'd advise people who don't like spoilers not to look.
                            They kinda give away huge stuff though, so big spoilers
                            sigpic

Comment

OK...

1. Rory - knew there was more to him that met the eye.

2. I'm thinking the Evil league of evil paid a visit to Amy's place.

3. Some unknown being is in control of the TARDIS - hell if I know what.

4. Roman army vs Evil League of Evil was a long shot in the first place.

What the hell is going on?
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Some times being a spoiler addict is a good thing They're plannign to release more spoilers on the site over the next few days.
                                Aww, now i know that there are pictures, i want to look, but i dont want to ruin the suprise of what happens
                                Hmm, to look or not to look
                                May i ask for a link for these four images as i cant find them. Also, a clip will be released on Tuesday

And thanks P_90 for the past info

Comment

Working...
                                X