No announcement yet.

The Pandorica Opens (3112/512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rory's an Auton?! Was he always an Auton?! Was there ever a real Rory?! Presumably there must be because Auton copies can only be maintained by keeping the real person alive...unless of course everything about him has been fabricated from Day One as a means of covert monitoring of Amy?!
    No, I'll bet Rory was always real until he died and got erased. And then the Auton stuff happened because of the Pandorica trap involving the Centurion pictures in Amy's room/her memories. And since there was a picture of him in Roman garb, that's where the Auton construction company got it from, accidentally creating him with full memories some how. It sounds more solid to me than a big conspiracy of Rory being a robot sent to spy on Amy all her life (That, and Auton-Rory noted he had the memories of the Roman guy he was pretending to be, a sort-of disguise until he could be triggered. He had two disguises though, as the traces of his history that weren't erased were contained in that photograph and the psychic memories... Blah blah, I don't think Rory's a bot)
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      Something already came from the dart thing. It knocked her unconcious.
      Fair point, I thought something else may have come from that.

Comment

I just wonder where he got that appendage that he shot Amy with? It appears as if his consciousness has been transformed into whatever body he now inhabits. Guess we'll have to wait till next week to see how it all shakes out, though.

Comment

What I like best about this episode is how strong the logic is. The Pandorica is a fairly tale to the Doctor. So when he finds it, He thinks is just a story based on a real thing just like many other myth and legends. He doesn't see it for the trap it is.

It also explains why everyone knows about it but him. He can't know otherwise that trap will fail.

Best parts was when the doctor is looking at the Pandorica and talking about the fear that when into its building. The same fear he invokes later to try and drive off the armada.

Have to see how it ends but its 5 out of 5 on its own.
          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

I'm assuming since he doesn't state his name that you heard it somewhere else?
            Various cast lists. Chiefly the one at the end of the episode...

More questions: what's with the stone outside the TARDIS...and why does River say she's sorry? Where did the TARDIS land?

Could Amy's house be more than a house? I'm thinking The Lodger may have more relevance here...it couldn't possibly be a faux-TARDIS, could it? River certainly seemed to be getting some strange readings when she was there, and the Doctor keeps claiming Amy's life doesn't make sense.

This episode is such a brain-melter I need to keep rewatching it to get it straight in my head. And the music at the end as the Pandorica is sealed, Amy's dying and every star in the universe is exploding was beautifully poignant...I just don't know how next week's episode can possibly match this one!

I do definitely keep coming back to one thing: why keep the Doctor alive? All of his enemies, all in one place, all saying he's responsible for the destruction of every universe...and they choose to imprison him?! There must be a damn good reason for keeping him alive and behind every possible security system (including time stops, I think River said...interesting) rather than being simultaneously exterminated, deleted and generally killed to death by every alien with a grievance with him, and I don't think Moffat is the kind to overlook something like that.

EDIT: And one more thing!! (sorry)

Who has the knowledge and the power to control the TARDIS? Since Amy's Choice, the prospect of the Valeyard showing up keeps coming back to haunt me. Or could it be something new (or an even older enemy coming back?)?

And how did the Cybermen pitch up?! I thought the universes were sealed, or did they come through a crack?
            Last edited by Sealurk; 20 June 2010, 06:32 AM.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Holy Lord of the rings that was the greatest cliffhanger in the history of T.V. When the doctor realises that the Roman was rory; brilliant and the first recorded words in history being "Hello sweety"; that was just pure brilliance. The whole Pandorica being a trap was a massive twist, oyu expect someone to pop out not the doctor being thrown in. and the scene where the Doctor is being dragged into the Pandorica was simply the best of the series so far.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by Night Marshal View Post
                Best parts was when the doctor is looking at the Pandorica and talking about the fear that when into its building. The same fear he invokes later to try and drive off the armada.
                Wow, BRILLIANT comment there!

Also

Could Amy's house be more than a house?
                The Doctor specifically mentioned that Amy's house was too big or something like that. Was he just referring to Prisoner Zero's room or is there something more to that comment?

I can't wait to see how this current situation leads to the anomalous bits of timeline we've witnessed up until now (little Amelia with a premature Doctor visit, a different Doctor talking to Amy in the Angels episode).
                Last edited by sparklegem; 20 June 2010, 09:20 AM.

Comment

"Silence will fall" - ARGH!!! *smacks head* Why do I know that voice?!?! I am sure I've heard it before somewhere but where?!?!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Fantastic episode... I don't think we've seen everything yet, I think that voice thats saying silence will fall is going to be someone behind it all, pulling the strings..
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                      Fantastic episode... I don't think we've seen everything yet, I think that voice thats saying silence will fall is going to be someone behind it all, pulling the strings..
                      My current hope is that it'll end up being The Black Guardian.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

My current hope is that it'll end up being The Black Guardian.
                        Or the Valyard
                        If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                        sigpic

Comment

I think it unlikely that the Valeyard is involved this time as there would be no point in destroying the universe as he would be destroyed too.
                          It could be one of the Doctors most powerful enemies though if he remained after the Time War.
                          I have read somewhere that many higher beings fled this plain of existence because of the time war but the Black Guardian may have remained!

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                            Or the Valyard
                            the valeyard wouldn't want to destroy the universe. He wants to continue living above all else.

Comment

I think it's going to be The Omega.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                                I think it's going to be The Omega.
                                problem with that is that omega never really had much power. he was trapped in another dimension and lost his physical form but other than that he was pretty powerless.

Comment

Working...
                                X