The Pandorica Opens (3112/512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I think that might be the first time those exact words have been used in conjuncture since some time in the 1980's.

I gotta say I do love the conversation between Rory and The Doctor when he first realises he's alive again.
    "So how've you been?"
    "Good"
    "Rory...I don't mean to be rude...but...you died....."
    I definately am starting to think Rory and The Doctor actually make a pretty awesome team. I mean I know Rory is pretty much just the tag along but he does his best to help the Doctor and trusts him completely. I think it's a shame he hasn't been in more episodes this season.
    Yeah, the cyberman bit was quite good
    As for the conversation, the awkwardness of it was just genius, the way he was talking to him as if nothing happened, then suddenly it clicking who he is, like the way he backtracked, poked him, then restarted the conversation
    I also like Rory and was pretty sad to see him go in Cold Blood, but i had a feeling he would return, so im glad he has and i also think it was a shame he wasnt in more episodes. He and the Doctor have good chemistry and they do make a good team. Somehow save Rory and keep him in season 6 please? lol
    Last edited by Teddybrown; 19 June 2010, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Om.my.God. Quite possibly the best episode of Doctor Who I have ever seen....I can't hold my heart in my chest....only watching it moments ago. Mr. Moffat blew my socks off!

Comment

I think next episode will be the best I've seen (which aren't that many to be honest tho )
        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          The disembodied Cyberman was awesome it fought Amy and the Doctor umm single handedly (sorry couldnt resist)

Oh and am i the only one who thought of the Borg when it said you will be assimiliated?
          Yeah I thought of the Borg too. I wondered if that was intentional though. It would have made far more sense if it had said "you will be converted" or something alike. However in this sense it made more sense cos from how it seemed, the empty suit didn't want to convert her into a new cyberman but just assimilate her into it's current body which no longer had a brain.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          Okay, I think someone will have to mop up my computer, because my mind exploded in sheer awesomeness from this episode. Wow, the opening itself was bloody fantastic (Holy hell - Jack got his arm chopped off somewhere along the line? I wonder how he'll get back to Earth without his Manipulator...), LOVED the reappearances of everyone this season, as well as how this episode referenced damn near EVERY episode. We had Eleventh Hour, Beast Below, Victory of the Daleks, Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone, Vampires in Venice, Amy's Choice, The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood, Vincent and the Doctor, The Lodger... all leading up to this fantastic episode.

Wow, I'm pretty twtichy right now! I had a few moments of "oh thank God" when it was revealed that the Daleks weren't solely responsible for all the stuff this year (They're too overused, IMO) and when Rory turned out to just be an Auton (Best explanation ever?). Shame the Tardis blew up, River inside... I can't wait to see how it all pans out.

EDIT: Don't know why I automatically suggested Jack got his arm chopped off, but "handsome time agent", the bar looking like the one we last saw Jack in... Nah, on second thought, I'm going to say it was some other mook.
          It could be any time agent really. It was the 51st Century (i think. O rclose to it) and that is suposed to be jacks original time when he first became a time agent. But my mind did go to him when the blue alien said it.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Yeah, the cyberman bit was quite good
          As for the conversation, the awkwardness of it was just genius, the way he was talking to him as if nothing happened, then suddenly it clicking who he is, like the way he backtracked, poked him, then restarted the conversation
          I also like Rory and was pretty sad to see him go in Cold Blood, but i had a feeling he would return, so im glad he has and i also think it was a shame he wasnt in more episodes. He and the Doctor have good chemistry and they do make a good team. Somehow save Rory and keep him in season 6 please? lol
          Well the way they killed off Rory so flipantly was a dead give away to me that he would be back. But how they brought him back was very nice.
          I like the way doctor said; "Sometimes impossible things just happen and we call them miracles"
          Turns out there was nothing miraculous about Rory's return.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          Om.my.God. Quite possibly the best episode of Doctor Who I have ever seen....I can't hold my heart in my chest....only watching it moments ago. Mr. Moffat blew my socks off!
          I think he's very good at his new job.

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
          I think next episode will be the best I've seen (which aren't that many to be honest tho )
          lol. Trust me, many long running fans think the same so that opinion probably won't change.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Great episode, can't wait till next week.
            Didn't the cyberman fire a dart thing at Amy and then said "you will be assimilated". Maybe something comes from her being darted in the 2nd part?
            All of the Doctor's enemies coming to lock him up, to protect the universe..... brilliant.
            River flying the Tardis and now it's about to explode..... Never get someone who says "hello sweetie" to fly a time machine lol.
            I laughed when the Doctor said: these are the first words ever spoken and they are: hello sweetie lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
              Great episode, can't wait till next week.
              Didn't the cyberman fire a dart thing at Amy and then said "you will be assimilated". Maybe something comes from her being darted in the 2nd part?
              All of the Doctor's enemies coming to lock him up, to protect the universe..... brilliant.
              River flying the Tardis and now it's about to explode..... Never get someone who says "hello sweetie" to fly a time machine lol.
              I laughed when the Doctor said: these are the first words ever spoken and they are: hello sweetie lol.
              Something already came from the dart thing. It knocked her unconcious.

Comment

I've watched it again and trying to arrange thoughts more coherantly.

I think I'm the same as many here & thought that it was Jack's arm that had been chopped off.

Does it look like Jack's? I couldn't remember. So I checked my screencaps to find a close up.

Spoiler:

Still none the wiser but I got to thinking as the VM is right beside the Pandorica, I'm guessing that somehow it gets inside & that's how the Doctor escapes.

Fave quotes -

"I hate good wizards in fairy tales. They always turn out to be him."
                "Oh Doctor, why do I let you out?"

Comment

I have to ask one question: it barely lasts 45 seconds, but how haunting was that first scene with Vincent?

To me, it just makes Vincent and The Doctor even more emotional, because of the implication as to why he still committed suicide despite the Doctor's gift of showing him how important he is to the human race in the future.
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Just got back from a rewatch:

First off, on the Time Agent thing. I'm thinking it was just a shoutout to Jack and his former Jack-ness (Moffat DID write his first appearance, after all), but just some other Time Agent mook. But still, my mind went places.

I'm very much liking that the Evil League of Evil underestimated that River could fly the TARDIS. My guess is that something else in the universe was set to explode ol' Tardy (Twenty bucks on finding out next week), but only when it landed on the 26th of June it could be overtaken and exploded. The Evil League wanted the Doctor to be locked up because they thought he was the only one who could fly the TARDIS, and thus, could be responsible for its explosion. But if River flying it right here and now is the reason the universe is cracked, I'd say locking up the Doctor was a big mistake!

And I spotted a Weevil, fresh from Torchwood, in the crowd of aliens at the end. That was weird, 'cause I could've sworn they were just sewer mutants, not alien enemies of the Doctor. But still, cool beans.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                      I have to ask one question: it barely lasts 45 seconds, but how haunting was that first scene with Vincent?

To me, it just makes Vincent and The Doctor even more emotional, because of the implication as to why he still committed suicide despite the Doctor's gift of showing him how important he is to the human race in the future.
                      It actually makes much more sense why he would kill himself after meeting with the doctor. It's because he thought his friends were dead.

Comment

Epic!!

The scenes with the Alliance and their sparkly ships hovering over Stonehenge reminded me of the aliens over The Devil's Tower in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". Also great to see Christopher Ryan return as General Staal (but then how is he still alive??). I think I also saw Weevils in the crowd of bad guys! And a reference to Captain Jack early on. It's seriously all happening!

Do you think they will keep Amy on for another season? After her "crack" plotline is closed there's really not much else to her. I'm just saying, River would make a MUCH better companion.

Tune in next week boys and girls, I reckon we're in for more WOW!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                          Epic!!

The scenes with the Alliance and their sparkly ships hovering over Stonehenge reminded me of the aliens over The Devil's Tower in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". Also great to see Christopher Ryan return as General Staal (but then how is he still alive??). I think I also saw Weevils in the crowd of bad guys! And a reference to Captain Jack early on. It's seriously all happening!

Do you think they will keep Amy on for another season? After her "crack" plotline is closed there's really not much else to her. I'm just saying, River would make a MUCH better companion.

It isn't him. He's Commander Stark, he just looks and sounds like Staal because Sontarans are clones.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                            Epic!!

It isn't general Staal. At least I'm pretty sure it isn't. Remember the Sontarrans are a clone race bred in batches of millions.

And yes Karen Gillan is billed for a second season too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                              It isn't him. He's Commander Stark, he just looks and sounds like Staal because Sontarans are clones.
                              I'm assuming since he doesn't state his name that you heard it somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                                OMG!! That was massive!! Brilliant!! Superb!! I'm absolutely overwhelmed at how awesome that was to say anything else at the moment!! I'll be back when I've calmed down from the mind-blowing excitement I'm experiencing right now!!
                                Still haven't calmed down. And don't think I haven't tried. I've tried to write some constructive words regarding the first part of this 2-parter...but it all quickly falls apart. Words do not do it justice so I'm gonna have to stick with what I previously posted as quoted above.

When I was a kid I always imagined a fight between Daleks and Cybermen and never thought it would happen...and then 2006 rolled along and we were given Army of Ghosts. I had never, ever imagined a scene ending the way that Part 1 of The Pandorica Opens would end! Daleks, Sontarans, Cybermen, Silurians, Autons...it was more excitement than I could handle...and then adding more recent alien species like the Judoon, a Hoix, Sycorax...WOAH!

Rory's an Auton?! Was he always an Auton?! Was there ever a real Rory?! Presumably there must be because Auton copies can only be maintained by keeping the real person alive...unless of course everything about him has been fabricated from Day One as a means of covert monitoring of Amy?!

Amy's dead...the Doctor's entombed in the Pandorica and his greatest enemies have banded together!! Next Saturday is too bloody far away!!

Silence has fallen...

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Working...
                                X