No announcement yet.

Journey's End (3013/413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a thought on the "Everlasting death for the most faithful companion" thing... Might Caan have been referring to the Daleks???? The Daleks have been a fixture since the beginning. Just about every Doctor has had an encounter with them. The Doctor obviously has enough respect for them to offer them another chance (Daleks in Manhattan), and our Doctor chastised the half-human doctor for destroying them.

If the Daleks really are "the most faithful companion" then maybe this truly is the ultimate end for them.....

Thoughts?

Comment

I'm surprised so many fans here are content with the towing the Earth scene.

On the Dr.Who list at yahoogroups that scene caused a lot of discontent and hate.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

i liked that toeing the earth and i like that the tardis is usually piloted with more then one person
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          From what I can remember, I think it was because she didn't actually exist when the TARDIS decided to take things into its own...well it doesn't have hands, but you know what I mean. By going to that planet, Jenny was created, and the Doctor then needed to help her. So I think the paradox was that the TARDIS wanted the Doctor to help someone who didn't actually exist, meaning he had to create her first.

It's probably all to do with the wibbly wobbly timey-wimey...stuff.
          it could all be explained by saying that the creation of Jenny was a set moment in time and thus always gonna happen

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
            it could all be explained by saying that the creation of Jenny was a set moment in time and thus always gonna happen

Which would make her "an immutable fact" or words to that effect to quote the Doctor.

Like Captain Jack Jenny is an inescapable fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              Which would make her "an immutable fact" or words to that effect to quote the Doctor.

Like Captain Jack Jenny is an inescapable fact.
              It's not quite the same thing. The event of Jenny's birth is a "fact" not Jenny herself.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

really what do u mean?
                sigpic

Comment

In Who, there are some things that have to happen, otherwise history goes kablooie. That's why the Doctor can meddle with some things, but not with others (although the distinction is largely arbitrary). Jack, on the other hand, is unchanging, almost outside time, which is just... wrong.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                    In Who, there are some things that have to happen, otherwise history goes kablooie. That's why the Doctor can meddle with some things, but not with others (although the distinction is largely arbitrary). Jack, on the other hand, is unchanging, almost outside time, which is just... wrong.

And wouldn't we all like to be like Jack...Undying, immortal, and an inscrutable fact? I know I would.

But what happens when you are immortal at the end of the universe? And what did the Doctor mean in "The sound of drums" when he said to jack "do you want to die?" Did he have a solution for him?

Comment

i don't know but if jack really is the face of boe him giving it to jack would change history wouldn't he. thank u for the explanation
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy View Post
                        Just had a thought on the "Everlasting death for the most faithful companion" thing... Might Caan have been referring to the Daleks???? The Daleks have been a fixture since the beginning. Just about every Doctor has had an encounter with them. The Doctor obviously has enough respect for them to offer them another chance (Daleks in Manhattan), and our Doctor chastised the half-human doctor for destroying them.

If the Daleks really are "the most faithful companion" then maybe this truly is the ultimate end for them.....

Thoughts?

That's very interesting.....Mind if I borrow this idea? The Doctor Who list is quiet at the moment and maybe this could spice up some discussion

Comment

it is an interesting thought
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post

Minor quibble with the plot, while I think - if the Daleks had detonated the reality bomb and made themselves the only race in existence... where would they have gone? There would have been no planets, nothing!!

I'm about to watch this again and that is something that bugs me too. What would they have done had they detonated the bomb and no one else is around to hassle? They'd have no purpose....

Also a real issue that bugs me.

How can the Daleks have stories and legends. It strikes me rather odd that a race this hell bent on destruction would find the spare time to make stories and legends about the Doctor.

Comment

well the Daleks would want every dalek to know of the doctor because they fear him right so maybe when it comes to him they have to have storys as a warning to all of there race about the doctor
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                I'm about to watch this again and that is something that bugs me too. What would they have done had they detonated the bomb and no one else is around to hassle? They'd have no purpose....

Also a real issue that bugs me.

How can the Daleks have stories and legends. It strikes me rather odd that a race this hell bent on destruction would find the spare time to make stories and legends about the Doctor.
                                There would be nothing to make the daleks happier. They are the ultimate racists. All they want is what they consider genetic perfection. That being them. If all was left in the universe was themselves, in their minds, they would have been perfectly happy....

Well I actually find it interesting to think that they have myths and legends. They are a civilisation spanning millenia. Maybe they do have some sort of culture beyond killing the genetically impure.
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X