Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    IMO the lisp is probably due to whatever she's done to her teeth
    Yep.... and according to Digital Spy the lisps gone next week....
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

it seemed to be going by the end of the ep, did she have them all straightened or something?
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
        Spoiler:
        But itn't that what everyone thought before the season 2 finale? Especially since Rose said she was going to die in the episode. This time she said Donna was going to die, but I think she was just being melodramatic again, referring to Donna jumping in front of the van and really not dying at all. I don't think RTD wants to kill anyone off in Dr Who, he just wants us to think he will.
        Nope. You have to re-watch the episode

Spoiler:
        When Donna tells Rose that she is not afraid because she knows that eventhough she dies, she will actually live because the reality with the doctor will come back and she is alive there and she has a future. Rose just looks at her sadly and says quietly. "I'm sorry." Also River Song looked stricken when she realized who Donna was and avoided to answer Donnas question where she is in the future.

I have a feeling that I will dissolve into tears again with this finale. Damn you RTD : sniff :
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

it all went to hell once the doctor died
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
            Spoiler:
            Has anyone heard if Catherine Tate has signed a new contract or has definitly said I am/am not going to appear in the specials, personally I think Rose is going to be the one, there's no where else for her story to go, she can't keep coming back to keep the shippers happy, she either comes back perminantly or they kill her off, no half assed stuff
            Spoiler:
            She's definitely leaving after this series, I'm also pretty sure she's not in the Christmas special. Sob. Donna Noble, you shall be horribly missed.
            but I don't think Donna dies. Too many hints this episode that she's gonna become Super!Donna - time moving "around her", like Rose said, the fortune teller saying not only "what are you" but the extremely weird "what will you be" and the Doctor pointing out there's too much coincidences around her.... they're doing something with Donna I think Rose is the one to go to - if she's already back in this reality, there's nothing to stop her from travelling again with the Doctor, which I'm very sure isn't going to happen - there would have to be a damn good explanation (i.e Rose dies) for her not to travel with him again.
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
              Spoiler:
              She's definitely leaving after this series, I'm also pretty sure she's not in the Christmas special. Sob. Donna Noble, you shall be horribly missed.
              but I don't think Donna dies. Too many hints this episode that she's gonna become Super!Donna - time moving "around her", like Rose said, the fortune teller saying not only "what are you" but the extremely weird "what will you be" and the Doctor pointing out there's too much coincidences around her.... they're doing something with Donna I think Rose is the one to go to - if she's already back in this reality, there's nothing to stop her from travelling again with the Doctor, which I'm very sure isn't going to happen - there would have to be a damn good explanation (i.e Rose dies) for her not to travel with him again.
              Spoiler:
              If that's the case, Super!Donna-wise, I hope that have plans for her to come back, I really want to see Donna again

Comment

shouldnt earth already been destroyed by the creatures in fires of pompei???

cos if it wasnt for the doctor the fire creatures would of converted earth into their new homeworld??
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one

cos if it wasnt for the doctor the fire creatures would of converted earth into their new homeworld??
                  Look back over the thread, I think the issue has been addressed, but people are still divided over it. For instance, in regards to Pompeii, perhaps another incarnation of the Doctor came along around this time period and was able to stop the situation, or someone/thing else stepped in. We can't possible predict a timeline once it becomes altered beyond our comprehension.
                  sigpic

Comment

I liked it, I'm surprised with CT I thought I would hate her but she's actually really good.

Did anyone else think that Rose sounds...different to the old Rose? It's like she sounded retarded...but maybe that's just the BBC iPlayer

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      I think Rose is the one to go to - if she's already back in this reality, there's nothing to stop her from travelling again with the Doctor, which I'm very sure isn't going to happen - there would have to be a damn good explanation (i.e Rose dies) for her not to travel with him again.
                      And then we'll get angsty Doctor! Yaaaaaaaaay!

Originally posted by wise one View Post

I know there's been various theories about how such things might have been resolved but however you retcon it, the simple fact is that in the scope of this one episode, they could only deal with the events that happened in the modern-day timeline of Alt!Donna's life. Trying to explain away, in this episode, why the world didn't end at the time of Pompeii or Shakespeare is just far too fiddly and complicated.
                      sigpic

Comment

the thing about the doctor not regerating again is prob he just lost rose and probley lost the woman that was dosed with the partical things and thought its prob to much n just gave up, and rose she may be more mature grown up less 'chav'
                        We need a Zed-PM to power the gate.
                        Huh?
                        Zee-PM He's Canadian.
                        (to McKay) I'm sorry.

Comment

A fantastic episode. Loved CT's acting and I've really warmed to her character. I've actually grown to like her character development this season and have found her to be a more enjoyable companion for the Doctor.

Never expected the Bad Wolf twist - brilliant! And the bug like sound....creepy!

Loved the TARDIS sounding it's Cloister Bell and emitting that red light and the look on the Doctor's face.

Can't wait to see a lot of character cross-overs next episode, does this mean.....

Spoiler:
                          that the entire Series is finishing altogether or is it only a Season Finale?
                          And....has anyone speculated that it may be the Doctor yet again who may die (and regenerate) to save the world and the entire Universe? Is David Tennant coming back for next season if there is a next season? I'm not up to date on who's coming back or not apart from CT
                          Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
                          and Captain Jack Harkness
                          Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
                          Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
                          Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
                          I live here.....Calling All Australians?
                          My other home...Stargate Down Under
                          My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial View Post
                            Can't wait to see a lot of character cross-overs next episode, does this mean.....

Spoiler:
                            that the entire Series is finishing altogether or is it only a Season Finale?
                            And....has anyone speculated that it may be the Doctor yet again who may die (and regenerate) to save the world and the entire Universe? Is David Tennant coming back for next season if there is a next season? I'm not up to date on who's coming back or not apart from CT
                            The nex two episodes are the final episodes in this season. There will not be a full season next year but instead will be I think 4 "specials" (probably longer than a normal episode length) throughout the year. There will then be a full season again airing in 2010.

Spoiler:
                            It's unlikely the Doctor dies and regenerates at the end of this Season as DT has already filmed the Christmas special and I believe is signed up for the specials. Whether he returns for the full season in 2010 has yet to be determined - last I heard, he claimed he hadn't been asked yet and that if and when he was asked he would think about it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post

I know there's been various theories about how such things might have been resolved but however you retcon it, the simple fact is that in the scope of this one episode, they could only deal with the events that happened in the modern-day timeline of Alt!Donna's life. Trying to explain away, in this episode, why the world didn't end at the time of Pompeii or Shakespeare is just far too fiddly and complicated.
                              it's quite simple really, for donna to have turned right, she must first have been born, and she could not have been born in a world that was destroyed therefore "turn-right-land" must be an AU where neither of the historical events happened at all, it's only 2 events in the whole of time, and as the doctor said the timeline reshaped around donna.

basically, as other people have said... wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                *hugs poor angsty Doctor*
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X