Turn Left (3011/411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
    Totally awesome episode, the last 5 mins were especially awesome! Loved the cloister bell at the end, and the TARDIS is red, whats going on!

I never noticed Roses teeth like some people have been saying, but her voice sounded different to me.

One thing I didn't get is if Donna had never been drawn inside the TARDIS, then the Doctor would not have been on Earth to fight the Racnoss right? This wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff really does my head in.
    Well someone else most likely would have been given the dose of Huon energy and still sent to the TARDIS. but it wouldn't have been Donna. Someone perhaps not as strong a character who didn't go with the Doctor when went to face the Racnoss and if there was no one to tell the Doctor to stop then he would have most likely died inside there with the Racnoss rather than escapeing when he had the chance.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

For the stuff in the past I'm gonna stick with the suggestion that the past Doctors picked up the slack. For more current events it could probably be a mix of Torchwood, Sarah Jane and maybe even UNIT picking up the slack.

As for someone dying next week... I think it'd be interesting if Donna did wind up dying. I love her to pieces, but I still think it'd be interesting. I would dearly LOVE for Rose to die horribly so that we need never be subjected to her again, but I also have a feeling she's enough of martyr as it is and that her death would push certain parts of fandom right over the edge. Saint Rose. Gods preserve us.

We haven't seen any Companions die (permanently) yet. We may be due... and Donna's noble sacrifice (get it?? Noble??) could add on some of that age that River Song has seen in him. Personally I'd love for her to stick around a while longer, but if she does get killed, I think they have a good set-up for something spectacular.

Comment

Title spoilers:

Spoiler:
        As the ep is called "The Stolen Earth" I'm thinking that maybe the stars haven't gone out, but the earth itself has been removed from reality, but gradually enough for the stars to go out bit by bit from our PoV and not all at once.

In any case, excellent ep, the salute between Granddad and the Iranian family's dad brought a tear or two to my eyes.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          Title spoilers:

Spoiler:
          As the ep is called "The Stolen Earth" I'm thinking that maybe the stars haven't gone out, but the earth itself has been removed from reality, but gradually enough for the stars to go out bit by bit from our PoV and not all at once.

Yeah, I was thinking that a bit too -
          Spoiler:
          especially given the references to all the other planets that have been "lost" (the Adiposian birthing planet, Pyrovilia, the Sontaran's cloneworld, the Lost Moon of Poosh etc etc). Also, at the end of this week's Confidential RTD made reference to the issue of the missing planets that have been mentioned... and that it's one of the elements that is going to pay-off in the finale..
          sigpic

Comment

I loved this. I like Donna and I am really happy to see her in her own episode. I don´t think it mattered that much for Doctor not being there. I liked it. And it almost looked like that for whole the mess was responsible Donna´s mother And Catherine Tate is a great actress. It was great idea to give the Doctor "older" companion and some normal woman.
            Billie Piper can´t talk any more and her teeth are bigger than her head
            Is Donna gonna die? I hope not cos she is great. But I guess it means something that the Doctor met her twice, and has also met her grandfather. Just a coincidence?
            Next episode -
            Spoiler:
            Everyone will be there next time! I hope they will handle so many characters but I don´t think I should be worried here...well, I think that Martha will get kidnapped again... .

I am going to 10-days convention on Friday and I hope I will get a chance to see it there somewhere. If not I am going to have a heart-attack

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Did we hear the Cloister Bell last year when the Master turned the TARDIS into a paradox device? I know that's when we last saw the red lighting.
              Yes it did. It is interesting at what times the bell did ring

1. It rang shortly before the fourth doctor died and regenerated into his fifth form
              2. it rang in the movie when the heart of the TARDIS was opened by the Master
              3. It rang constantly when the Master turned it into a paradox machine
              4. and it rang in "Time Crash"

So it isn't really clear why it rings. I think it usually does it when the TARDIS thinks it is in danger
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Is this the first time the TARDIS' chrono-energy has been utilized by an exterior device to induce a temporal shift? Neat-o.

Another first, at least shown onscreen in the new series, are times where the Doctor takes Donna to places to just look around and be immersed in culture without the immediate sense of danger. Here we see them wandering the markets of Xian Xien and trying local delicacies. The previous episode Donna got to live it up at the Crystal Palace for a day like a spa retreat. I appreciate seeing these moments, as it solidifies the reasons why companions continue to travel with a man so surrounded by danger and chaos. It is because when things are all well, there's a great big universe out there with so many wonders to experience.

Also, who is the woman with the Judoon towards the end of the trailer?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  Yup, we definitely heard the Cloister Bell then when the TARDIS was canabalized into a paradox machine.
                  Yeah, that was the way the Doctor knew the Tardis was there... I originally thought the red lightings were because of the paradox machine but now I dunno, maybe it was the Tardis itself responsible.
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                    Another first, at least shown onscreen in the new series, are times where the Doctor takes Donna to places to just look around and be immersed in culture without the immediate sense of danger. Here we see them wandering the markets of Xian Xien and trying local delicacies. The previous episode Donna got to live it up at the Crystal Palace for a day like a spa retreat. I appreciate seeing these moments, as it solidifies the reasons why companions continue to travel with a man so surrounded by danger and chaos. It is because when things are all well, there's a great big universe out there with so many wonders to experience.
                    Yeah, I love that. Obviously for the purpose of a TV episode, thrills and danger is what you want. But it's nice to think they have "off-screen" trips where they are just having fun and nothing awful happens!

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    Yeah, that was the way the Doctor knew the Tardis was there... I originally thought the red lightings were because of the paradox machine but now I dunno, maybe it was the Tardis itself responsible.
                    I don't remember him being able to find it because of the Cloister Bell - it seemed to me he was able to sense the TARDIS being there? I don't think we heard the bell until he got inside... At first he seemed thrilled to have found the TARDIS but that changed when he saw what had happened/heard the bell.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't know what it is, but it seems that RTD has saved his best episode ideas for his last series as executive producer.

The idea of this episode worked really well as the Doctor-lite episode showing the path the world could have taken if the Doctor wasn't there to save the day. And after watching the confidential I wish this wasn't the "cheap" episode because having the TARDIS being blown to bits would have been good

Spoilers for Stolen Earth
                      Spoiler:
                      Based around the trailer, I've come to the conclusion that "our" Earth is pulled out of what can be considered normal reality, you just have to look at the space shots and the shot of the sky from the trailer which aren't black but rather a greeny nebular. That also fits with the stars going out

Spoilers for Journey's End
                      Spoiler:
                      As the Dalek master plan goes into action, the Doctor and the TARDIS face total annihilation. Earth's only hope of defeating Davros is a secret army of companions, but it is prophesied that one of them will face death.
                      While someone may not nessicarly die and everyone lives to fight another day. I still think someone will;

Jack and Sarah-Jane - Extremely unlikely their spin-off shows wouldn't really work so well without them.

Martha - Doesn't make much sense for her to die, it doesn't exactly further anything now that she isn't a companion anymore.

Which leaves Donna & Rose, I just feel one of them is going to die they just feel like the only ones who can and have their death further the plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken View Post
                        I don't know what it is, but it seems that RTD has saved his best episode ideas for his last series as executive producer.

The idea of this episode worked really well as the Doctor-lite episode showing the path the world could have taken if the Doctor wasn't there to save the day. And after watching the confidential I wish this wasn't the "cheap" episode because having the TARDIS being blown to bits would have been good

Spoilers for Stolen Earth
                        Spoiler:
                        Based around the trailer, I've come to the conclusion that "our" Earth is pulled out of what can be considered normal reality, you just have to look at the space shots and the shot of the sky from the trailer which aren't black but rather a greeny nebular. That also fits with the stars going out

Spoilers for Journey's End
                        Spoiler:
                        While someone may not nessicarly die and everyone lives to fight another day. I still think someone will;

Jack and Sarah-Jane - Extremely unlikely their spin-off shows wouldn't really work so well without them.

Martha - Doesn't make much sense for her to die, it doesn't exactly further anything now that she isn't a companion anymore.

Which leaves Donna & Rose, I just feel one of them is going to die they just feel like the only ones who can and have their death further the plot.
                        response to journeys end spoiler
                        Spoiler:
                        personally i don't think there is any doubt, after this episode that it will be donna that dies
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          personally i don't think there is any doubt, after this episode that it will be donna that dies
                          Spoiler:
                          But itn't that what everyone thought before the season 2 finale? Especially since Rose said she was going to die in the episode. This time she said Donna was going to die, but I think she was just being melodramatic again, referring to Donna jumping in front of the van and really not dying at all. I don't think RTD wants to kill anyone off in Dr Who, he just wants us to think he will.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            Has anyone heard if Catherine Tate has signed a new contract or has definitly said I am/am not going to appear in the specials, personally I think Rose is going to be the one, there's no where else for her story to go, she can't keep coming back to keep the shippers happy, she either comes back perminantly or they kill her off, no half assed stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Has anyone heard if Catherine Tate has signed a new contract or has definitly said I am/am not going to appear in the specials, personally I think Rose is going to be the one, there's no where else for her story to go, she can't keep coming back to keep the shippers happy, she either comes back perminantly or they kill her off, no half assed stuff
                              Spoiler:
                              that's what i want to happen but i don't think it will, going by spoilers i have read elsewhere. and also the whole thing at the end of turn left about donna not surviving regardless of if she saves the universe or not, and when she was talking to river song

was it just me and my flatmate or did anyone else notice billie has got a lisp from somewhere for this episode...

also, why would all the stars go out at about the same time from earths persective, because that would mean they have been going out for thousdands of years already.
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                that's what i want to happen but i don't think it will, going by spoilers i have read elsewhere. and also the whole thing at the end of turn left about donna not surviving regardless of if she saves the universe or not, and when she was talking to river song

was it just me and my flatmate or did anyone else notice billie has got a lisp from somewhere for this episode...

also, why would all the stars go out at about the same time from earths persective, because that would mean they have been going out for thousdands of years already.
                                IMO the lisp is probably due to whatever she's done to her teeth

Comment

Working...
                                X