Turn Left (3011/411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    And the Guardian journalist. I expect there would have been an american journalist make the same sort of investigation, sooner or later. If they were slightly more competent than the Grauniad's reporter, they might have had the same effect.
    Hee hee hee, I love that, I'd green you but I can't so have an unofficial one, can you unofficially green a Mod?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      Following on from that theory, it could be an effect of the Time War
      Sounds more plausible to me. I bet something went also wrong when they closed the Medusa Cascade, it was after all mentioned a couple of times in the fourth series so I will be damned if there isn't some story behind that.
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
        And the Guardian journalist. I expect there would have been an american journalist make the same sort of investigation, sooner or later. If they were slightly more competent than the Grauniad's reporter, they might have had the same effect.
        Or UNIT, or Torchwood acting unofficially....

Though Journalists poking their noses in could probably of done it either way same result
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

For the stars to all be going dark at the same time, it has to be something blotting them out, rather than destroying them; something moving in and getting in the way.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

So... it's been a while since I watched doctor who. Can anyone reminds me what was Bad Wolf and that Bell at the end ? If I remember correctly, they both mean that there is another timelord, right ? Or perhaps it's the daleks... can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalario View Post
              So... it's been a while since I watched doctor who. Can anyone reminds me what was Bad Wolf and that Bell at the end ? If I remember correctly, they both mean that there is another timelord, right ? Or perhaps it's the daleks... can't remember.
              Right. bit of explaining here. All through season one the ctor and Rose kept coming accross the words Bad Wolf in whatever Time line they were in. At the end of the series they face down the Daleks and Rose has to look into the heart of the TARDIS giving her god like powers. She scatters the words bad wolf accross time and space as a method of leading herself to that moment. Evidently she also did it in the future as well as a warning for the Doctor.

The Bell is the TARDIS Cloister bell. The TARDIS just does it when there's danger.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                For the stars to all be going dark at the same time, it has to be something blotting them out, rather than destroying them; something moving in and getting in the way.
                I have a theory that it could be those planets and stars being pulled into the void as the universes collapse.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Did we hear the Cloister Bell last year when the Master turned the TARDIS into a paradox device? I know that's when we last saw the red lighting.

Also, I'm with Mr Prophet- something has to be getting in the way of the stars (and something fairly close) rather than causing them to go out. Or if there IS a star-snuffer out there it was around hundreds of thousands of years ago if we're just noticing it now.

Comment

So what's the deal with the next episode, what's the title? Further more, why doesn't Gateworld have a topic for it?
                    Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
                    Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Did we hear the Cloister Bell last year when the Master turned the TARDIS into a paradox device? I know that's when we last saw the red lighting.

Also, I'm with Mr Prophet- something has to be getting in the way of the stars (and something fairly close) rather than causing them to go out. Or if there IS a star-snuffer out there it was around hundreds of thousands of years ago if we're just noticing it now.
                      I'm pretty sure the last time the Cloister Bell rang was in the Children in Need Special when the Doctor's last regeneration went wrong

Comment

Of course, it's also possible that the darkness is catching up with the light from stars it has already swallowed. I wonder if it's moving from all directions or just one?
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Empress Vajnraa View Post
                          So what's the deal with the next episode, what's the title? Further more, why doesn't Gateworld have a topic for it?
                          The title was withheld for spoilers it called

Spoiler:
                          The Stolen Earth

I guess Darren et al decided not to open a thread for the episode with out the title... dunno what will happen with that next week....
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Yup, we definitely heard the Cloister Bell then when the TARDIS was canabalized into a paradox machine.
                            sigpic

Comment

I found that to be a real meh episode. Once again, I felt the need for Donna/CT to die. Knowing RTD he'll make some crap up where Rose dies instead of her. I honestly felt like fast forwarding most of the episode. The insane amount of paradoxes got on my nerves (especially Rose) and I already knew before I started watching it that it was crap until the end. And UNIT made a time machine? Pfft, my ass.

I see everyone from Torchwood dying, just like the show. I'm 50-50 with SJ characters dying because it's/was not an action show.

2010 couldn't be any farther away...

Comment

Totally awesome episode, the last 5 mins were especially awesome! Loved the cloister bell at the end, and the TARDIS is red, whats going on!

I never noticed Roses teeth like some people have been saying, but her voice sounded different to me.

One thing I didn't get is if Donna had never been drawn inside the TARDIS, then the Doctor would not have been on Earth to fight the Racnoss right? This wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff really does my head in.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X