Turn Left (3011/411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
    Isn't she pregnant? Not that it would affect her teeth, but that was really really irritating.
    Yeah, hubby at one point commented "She's had her teeth done" and she certainly did seem to have that very even, too-perfect American-style teeth thing going on. More and more celebs get that done these days so...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
      Frakking AWESOME...... though a few plot holes.... Earth would of been conquered by the Carrionites in Elizabethan times, and by the Daleks in the 1920s....
      I don't like to think of these little things as plot holes really....

One of the things about time travel in the Whoniverse is that certain events in history are immutable (ie: Pompeii) while the rest is in flux and it's only the major events that seriously alter history. I rather liked--and thought it appropriate--that for the most part history managed to figure out how to move on without the Doctor's help.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        American-style teeth
        Um...what?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Woah!! What an enthralling installment! And it's only just beginning! Just goes to show how screwed we'd all be without the Doctor, or more specifically the Doctor and Donna Noble.

As for the apparent "plot holes" with past events, one cannot assume the outcomes of those events when a key player is missing. Just because the Doctor wasn't there to stop the Carrionites, for instance, doesn't mean the events would play out for the worst. Other factors come into play that can in turn affect the outcome. Therefore, I don't believe that the aforementioned inconsistencies are valid.

I agree with all the fans out there that it was great to hear the TARDIS cloister. Icing on the Bad Wolf cake! I'd also like to point out the uniqueness of this episode in being a clipshow but also one of the best episodes this season.

As for next week, the spin-offs come spinning back, and it's gonna be one hell of a showdown in what looks set to be the biggest season finale yet!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
            As for next week, the spin-offs come spinning back, and it's gonna be one hell of a showdown in what looks set to be the biggest season finale yet!
            No kidding! I spotted Rose, Martha, Jack, Ianto, Gwen, Sarah Jane, the rhino guys, and a Dalek or two....did I miss anything?

Comment

Frakking AWESOME...... though a few plot holes.... Earth would of been conquered by the Carrionites in Elizabethan times, and by the Daleks in the 1920s....

And I shall post more of my thoughts when I have watched it again.... but wow the end BAD WOLF
              just say past day torchwood saved the day and move on. although...
              (next week spoilers0

assuming the darkness has SOMETHING to do with the daleks, davros and Caan, a past day torchwood would have killed Caan and so the stars wouldnt be going out.

great episodes
              cant wait till next week, i love daleks and to have their creator is the one thing that can top the master
              Last edited by Madeleine; 22 June 2008, 09:47 AM.
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Um...what?
                I was referring to the style of orthodontistry popularised in the US and in particular by US celebrities (and more and more popular with UK celebs) where the teeth are completely redone (if I remember correctly what I've read somewhere, often to the point of every tooth being filed down and capped) to give a perfectly straight, regular, and (to a British eye) sometimes unnatural-looking appearance.
                sigpic

Comment

Hollywood maybe, but I don't think I've ever seen any regular off-the-street Americans with too-perfect teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    No kidding! I spotted Rose, Martha, Jack, Ianto, Gwen, Sarah Jane, the rhino guys, and a Dalek or two....did I miss anything?
                    Harriet Jones

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                    just say past day torchwood saved the day and move on. although...
                    Difficult since Torchwood was founded by Queen Victoria, not Elizabeth I

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                      Harriet Jones

Difficult since Torchwood was founded by Queen Victoria, not Elizabeth I
                      Indeed though someone on DWF came up with idea that the problems that ten couldn't solve (on account of being dead) got delegated to previous Docs as the timeline rearranged....

From Gigasahab at Doctor Who Forums
                      It doesn't quite fit with my ideas if how time travel works in the Dr Who universe, but it's worth considering -- Maybe, it was PREVIOUS INCARNATIONS of The Doctor.

Imagine, in the original timeline, the Fourth Doctor landing in London, March 1600 & having a quiet look around, watching a play, having a cup of tea, and going off about his business.

Now imagine him, in the revised timeline, landing in the same period & finding England over-run by Carrionites. "Oh deary me, " he says, "I'd best do something about this"...

Just a thought!
                      I love this explanation... just for the fun of having past Doctors having those adventures
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                        4. But what/who the hell would be turning out the stars like that.
                        Well,
                        Spoiler:
                        If the Daleks were going on the warpath, conquering/destroying any species in their way then they might also be destroying stars (or turning them into black holes), thus making the stars go out. It would be an easy way to defeat a planet and use the resources to build ships or the organic matter to make more Daleks.
                        Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
                        Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Indeed though someone on DWF came up with idea that the problems that ten couldn't solve (on account of being dead) got delegated to previous Docs as the timeline rearranged....

I love this explanation... just for the fun of having past Doctors having those adventures
                          That would work

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                            But why was there an adipose disaster? It was only supposed to be bad because they rushed it when the Doctor and Donna stuck their noses in.
                            And the Guardian journalist. I expect there would have been an american journalist make the same sort of investigation, sooner or later. If they were slightly more competent than the Grauniad's reporter, they might have had the same effect.
                            Last edited by Madeleine; 22 June 2008, 09:57 AM.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Empress Vajnraa View Post
                              Well,
                              Spoiler:
                              If the Daleks were going on the warpath, conquering/destroying any species in their way then they might also be destroying stars (or turning them into black holes), thus making the stars go out. It would be an easy way to defeat a planet and use the resources to build ships or the organic matter to make more Daleks.
                              Maybe this is me being too nerdy here but that would acoount only for some of the stars because:

1. How do you explain the vanishing of quasars and oter galaxies. The Daleks might be good but they are not THAT good especially not that fast.
                              2. Also the light from most of the stars is light from stars that do not even exist anymore, the light is from galaxies and stars that existed at the dawn of the universe, when it was just forming after the big bang, the stars themselves are probably already gone and have colapsed either into planetary nebulas, white dwarfs or black holes, so how could such light vanish.

There must be another more fantastical explanation. Maybe

Spoiler:
                              The other parallel universes are moving in on ours, due to the tempering of the Daleks who are stuck between the universes - in the seams of all the universes. Our universe is now crushed together because the dark force and matter is crushed and similiar to a stream that is being straightened the dark force and matter react more violently and is even stronger and distroy everything everywhere

At least that was we could at least use a bit of science in a more far fetched way - call it my funky way of putting a bit of m-theory and the theory on dark matter and dark force LOL
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                                Maybe this is me being too nerdy here but that would acoount only for some of the stars because:

1. How do you explain the vanishing of quasars and oter galaxies. The Daleks might be good but they are not THAT good especially not that fast.
                                2. Also the light from most of the stars is light from stars that do not even exist anymore, the light is from galaxies and stars that existed at the dawn of the universe, when it was just forming after the big bang, the stars themselves are probably already gone and have colapsed either into planetary nebulas, white dwarfs or black holes, so how could such light vanish.

There must be another more fantastical explanation. Maybe

Spoiler:
                                The other parallel universes are moving in on ours, due to the tempering of the Daleks who are stuck between the universes - in the seams of all the universes. Our universe is now crushed together because the dark force and matter is crushed and similiar to a stream that is being straightened the dark force and matter react more violently and is even stronger and distroy everything everywhere

At least that was we could at least use a bit of science in a more far fetched way - call it my funky way of putting a bit of m-theory and the theory on dark matter and dark force LOL
                                Following on from that theory, it could be an effect of the Time War

Comment

Working...
                                X