No announcement yet.

Last of the Time Lords (2913/313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if there's a series three soundtrack being released? The music in the last few eps has been fantastic, and I'm dying to have it.

Comment

You mean the sound of drums?

I think I'm going to do those 4 beats on any hard surface I can find for the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        You mean the sound of drums?

I think I'm going to do those 4 beats on any hard surface I can find for the next few weeks.
        I was doing it randomly before seeing the ep- after seeing the preview for the second half of the season with the clip of The Master tapping on the table, and now after seeing the ep, it's really of stuck in my head

I think I shall go forth, and drive people nuts.

Comment

The new series of Dr Who will probably be shown around Easter, it has been for the last 3 years

Comment

I've been doing that damn beat all week since Saturday when we had
            teh finale...

But I want to get it right. Anyone know what the beat is.. I've since
            taped over my episode
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
              I've been doing that damn beat all week since Saturday when we had
              teh finale...

But I want to get it right. Anyone know what the beat is.. I've since
              taped over my episode
              Search youtube?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Search youtube?

Yay for youtube!

The sound of drums beat

Sorry don't know how to do the embed thing with the video
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  Anyone know if this was originally thought of back in season one, or something they thought up when writing season three?
                  They thought of it while writing the Utopia / SoD / LotTL set. At that point Gridlock was about to be filmed, so they went back to the Gridlock script and inserted the words 'old friend' from Boe to the Doctor to make for a better fit.

Madeleine

Comment

I haven't read all 9 pages so fogive me if this has been said.

As people age they tend to get frail and shrink in size. It's not uncommon for someone that was 6' in their 20s to shrink to nearly 5' in their 80s.

The master aged the doctor at least 900 years, probably more. After 900+ years in the one body, the aging process begins to shrink the body. The Doctor ended up being very small and very frail.

What doesn't change? Well the size of your eyes don't change and neither does the size of your ears. This is why old men often seem to have incredibly large ears.

900 years of life, explains, quite logically and genetically/physically correct the reason as to why the doctor looked like gollum.

Yes, I get he is a time lord, but he looks human and besides, it looked cooler

Oh and Jack doesn't count, cause he has absorbed the time vortex meaning he "can't" die...until gridlock sets in in a few billion years.
                    Last edited by Nathan; 25 September 2007, 03:44 AM.

Comment

that isn't quite how it works. people seem to shrink in their old age because of the way their skeleton begins to collapse...i think anyway. that isn't really the best way to put it either but my brain isn't working today.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        that isn't quite how it works. people seem to shrink in their old age because of the way their skeleton begins to collapse...i think anyway. that isn't really the best way to put it either but my brain isn't working today.
                        Actually, it is how it works. Hence the "they tend to shrink" part. I'm pretty sure if you got to 900 years old, you'd shrink due to bone density loss too. Osteoporosis can be a *****, especially for a 900 year old. I also said that it's not uncommon, not that it happens in every case.

Comment

The 'Sound of drums' beat is the rhythm beat from the Dr Who theme

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                            They thought of it while writing the Utopia / SoD / LotTL set. At that point Gridlock was about to be filmed, so they went back to the Gridlock script and inserted the words 'old friend' from Boe to the Doctor to make for a better fit.
                            Okay, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              The 'Sound of drums' beat is the rhythm beat from the Dr Who theme
                              Oh my god, you're right!

Hmm...Russel Davies for Prime Minister?

Speaking of which, I wonder what's going to happen now that the President of the US has been murdered. They sort of just glossed over that at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Oh my god, you're right!

Hmm...Russel Davies for Prime Minister?

Speaking of which, I wonder what's going to happen now that the President of the US has been murdered. They sort of just glossed over that at the end.
                                Yes, there's that, and also the Prime Minister of GB AND his entire cabinet- and who knows what other leaders/politicians were in the room when the Master took over and what happened to them. Governments in a shambles all over I'd say.

It'll be interesting to see if we see any of the actual fall-out from all this next season, or if it will be, as you say, glossed over.

Comment

Working...
                                X