No announcement yet.

Last of the Time Lords (2913/313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes thanks Shadow for explaining the cuts made....

I didn't realise scifi would butcher it as much as they did. Over here
    we saw it uncut, and unmolested with no ads......

They air Dr. Who on the ABC here which is our government run
    broadcaster. They don't run ads during their shows.

Maybe your scifi channel cut it up to fit ads in
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Yeah, that's kind of a given... and a source of much grievance for American fans of Who (and other imports).

Comment

That's why I don't watch much TV, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          OMG, they hacked it to PIECES!!

How utterly horrible for all the fans who have only seen this version of the finale! Ye gods! I may have to watch the full version now, just to reassure myself.

Oh, and since I'm STILL in shock about this: Jack. Is. The. Face. Of. Boe. *boggles*

BTW, does anyone know what the "clue" for next season is? I know it's supposed to be mentioned (or seen) in the last two eps, but... I'm still coming up blank.
          The end with the titanic. "What? What!?" Heard that before? Who arrived that caused him to say that? That person will be back in the next season.

Comment

If it's the ring, I'll be severely disappointed. That wasn't a sneaky hint, that was a hammer blow- and it ties directly to the last season hint, so where's the fun in that?

And it isn't the "What?" thing- That's just one of the Doctor's phrases. He used it in Christmas Bride AND in Shakespeare Code. At the very least.

Maybe I'll just go read Outpost Gallifrey's board and see what they have to say. Chances are they know what I mean- and what the hint is.

Comment

*hops in*

Like I said in the other thread... you people are mad. You want me to do what with who now? *sigh* ( yes, that was worth repeating )

Anyway.... well there's really not much for me too add. Everyone else has already said it.

DT's acting was EXCELLENT (I never cry with TV... I nearly did when the Master died... thanks to David No wait, it's a good thing ) as was John Simms'. I'd never seen JS before Doctor Who. *claps for DT and JS* ENCORE! ENCORE!

Martha's pining over the Doctor was getting annoying, but I think she made up for it in the end. Oh, she was great in this one I think. *two thumbs up*

..... Jack. AAAAAAAHH!!! Jack?? The big ol' face??!! That's what I'll be calling him from now on.

And that's all for my extremely unintelligent and... short... review. *bows*

*runs out*
              Last edited by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel; 05 October 2007, 11:32 PM.
              Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post

Did not see Jack as the Face of Boe coming at all but a few niggles, if Jack is the Face of Boe
                a) How did 'Boe Kind' come into being
                b) How come Boe didn't recognise the Doctor
                c) And how did Jack/Boe become telepathic?

If that's not Lucy pretending to be Ming the Merciless who do we think it is, my money's on The Rani
                1. Jack's transformation into the Face of Boe could happen in a variety of ways, however, he is, as the Face of Boe, 5 billion years old. Just like the Doctor's change into a smurf when aged artificially by the Master.

2. The Face of Boe did remember the Doctor when they first met back on Sattelite 5 in "The End of The World", his eyebrow moved up and he looked suprised to see the Doctor, then in "New Earth" he told the Doctor to wait and teleported away out of spite, and in "Gridlock" he called The Doctor - old friend.

3. Again, time will tell.

THE RANI, OMG! Now that would be a good one, another time Lord in existence.
                Aadizookaan

Comment

Is the Master dead? Yes, but he has been dead before.

I am also voting for the Rani being the hand at the end. Although they were not on good terms when they parted ways she may have a plan to exploit the Master.

Comment

ah , good old Doctor Who,

this cut version of Last of the Time Lords was it any good ? with all those cut scenes it sounds crap (missed the dancing?)

anyway a very good episode, bound to be a top favourite of mine for a long time (along with blink)

Hope it is the Rani , cause that will make it a bit more interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Aadizookaan View Post
                      1. Jack's transformation into the Face of Boe could happen in a variety of ways, however, he is, as the Face of Boe, 5 billion years old. Just like the Doctor's change into a smurf when aged artificially by the Master.

2. The Face of Boe did remember the Doctor when they first met back on Sattelite 5 in "The End of The World", his eyebrow moved up and he looked suprised to see the Doctor, then in "New Earth" he told the Doctor to wait and teleported away out of spite, and in "Gridlock" he called The Doctor - old friend.

3. Again, time will tell.

THE RANI, OMG! Now that would be a good one, another time Lord in existence.

Well this is one way Jack could become Boe.. But it is also frought
                      with problems. In "The Long game" one of the news broadcasts
                      from the station was that Boe had just had a child...

A baby "Boemina" if I recall .....

But here's how I thnk Jack could become Boe......

=============================================
                      Over the course of time as Jack contnues to age, he
                      continues to live and so being immortal he will never see
                      death like normal humans. Over this period his body has
                      aged and his limbs long atrophied. He must have left
                      Earth at some point in time too and is now on some kind
                      of life support machine gradually over time his body and limbs
                      withering away over the passing of time and his brain and head
                      swelling to enormous size.

Well that's my theory.
                      =============================================
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I'm still a bit curious about the giving birth thing because in spite of it he's still generally referred to as the "last of his kind." Did the kid(s) not make it or had there simply been such a long time span that the kid(s) died off? Or, given that he only evolved/aged into what he is, could it be that he's the only one of "his kind" and he gave birth to regular humans?

Might be funny to have the Doctor run into Jack's kids somewhere down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          In this episode, yes. But in the Cybermen eps last year they were in an alternate universe and there was a President of Great Britain. Just because I'm American doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to believe that the UK normally has a presidency.

As for the hack job, let's see...

* The galactic warning about Earth being in "terminal mode" was snipped
                          * The "I Can't Decide" song and dance was snipped
                          * The "I'm a doctor" conversation with Tom Milligan was snipped
                          * The confrontation between Tom and the Spheres was snipped- this is where we find out about Martha still using her perception field thingy
                          * I think part of the explanation about the Arcangel Network was snipped, although I could be wrong.
                          * The Master getting a massage was cut, which is relevant because he removes is jacket, which is relevant because...
                          * Half the onboard attack scenes were cut- including the rather important scene where Mom Jones hands the Doctor the Master's jacket, which explains how the Doctor wound up with the Master's laser screwdriver
                          * Part of the Master's scene explaining taking the wife to Utopia was snipped (the Sphere's whole arrival and convo was snipped, if I remember rightly)
                          * The Master sneaking back in the middle of the night (in pyjamas) to tell the Doctor "guess what?" was snipped (this is right after Doherty betrays Martha)
                          * The prison scenes wherein the Jones family commiserated over wishing to kill the Master was snipped- important in a backgroundy way since we see love and affection between the formerly separated/divorced Mum & Dad
                          * The scene where Martha's mum grabs up the dropped gun and the Master tries to goad her into shooting him was snipped
                          * Martha running up to hand a bouquet of flowers to the mystified Doherty was snipped
                          * Martha calling Dr Milligan on her mobile was snipped- which could be relevant if she winds up dating him

There were probably more, but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head (and yes, I did watch the uncut ep because damn, there was even more missing than I realized).
                          *sigh* That sounds pretty much exact to what what cut from our version as well.

It was a crime to cut the master's dance scene especially.

Comment

Why must they cut so much... why? No, don't answer. I know the answer...

I'm SO getting the DVDs!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                              Why must they cut so much... why? No, don't answer. I know the answer...

I'm SO getting the DVDs!!
                              If you haven't seen The Master's "I Can't Decide" dance scene yet, here it is. Cutting this was an absolute crime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGoTxNrhrk0

Comment

OMGosh! That's so funny! Thanks TG!

After seeing the video, I found this: It's a vid with the full song.

It's sick and twisted and disturbing and awesome.

Coulda done without the swear words, though...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X