Last of the Time Lords (2913/313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Yes, there's that, and also the Prime Minister of GB AND his entire cabinet- and who knows what other leaders/politicians were in the room when the Master took over and what happened to them. Governments in a shambles all over I'd say.

It'll be interesting to see if we see any of the actual fall-out from all this next season, or if it will be, as you say, glossed over.

And that is why I objected to the rewind if anyone read my reply to
    this topic. I think they should have had the defeat of the Master
    but carried on from that point in time with a fractured Earth and
    civilization rebuilding..... It would have been far more poignant and
    realistic....
    Last edited by Coco Pops; 25 September 2007, 08:12 PM.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

not very scapist though. the whole point of doctor who is that the doctor will always come in and save the day and everything will be fine again.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        not very scapist though. the whole point of doctor who is that the doctor will always come in and save the day and everything will be fine again.

True enough... I just was voicing my opinion though...

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
          And that is why I objected to the rewind if anyone read my reply to
          this topic. I think they should have had the defeat of the Master
          but carried on from that point in time with a fractured Earth and
          civilization rebuilding..... It would have been far more poignant and
          realistic....
          They can't dp that. If they do something like that, Doctor Who stops being right here, right now. It will be set on a parallel universe where Earth is devestated. From the end of Sound of Drums it was obvious to me there will be a reset.

Oy, there was a question about the soundtrack earlier in the thread - it's coming out hooray. No date yet but I think they did say 2007.
          And yeah, they've only started filming series 4 a couple opf months ago, they'll be filming til March - possibly longer, as I'm not sure how they're doing the 2009 specials around DT's schedule, they might start filming them right after finishing series 4.
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
            They can't dp that. If they do something like that, Doctor Who stops being right here, right now. It will be set on a parallel universe where Earth is devestated. From the end of Sound of Drums it was obvious to me there will be a reset.

Oy, there was a question about the soundtrack earlier in the thread - it's coming out hooray. No date yet but I think they did say 2007.
            And yeah, they've only started filming series 4 a couple opf months ago, they'll be filming til March - possibly longer, as I'm not sure how they're doing the 2009 specials around DT's schedule, they might start filming them right after finishing series 4.

Yeah I know I was just saying how I would have done that ... I know
            the reset was needed.
            Last edited by Coco Pops; 26 September 2007, 02:57 AM.

Comment

re: showing the aftereffects of the political shake-up... Well, we never saw the chaos after the Slitheen incident (or the "doesn't she look tired?" bit, for that matter) so I doubt we'll hear much about this one except perhaps in an offhand (and/or accusatory) way from the next Companion.

Has Russell got something against the British government? He seems to kill them off or depose them at least once a season...

Comment

Captain Jack is the Face of Bo!!!!! I didn't see that coming but I guess it fits.

I loved this episode even with the corny "everyone thought of one word...Doctor" solution. I bought it.

The Doctor forgiving the Master, weeping over his death despite all the horrible things he did, and begging him to regenerate was very moving. He so desperately wants to NOT be alone.

I don't think they'll make much mention of all that went on next series. Everything's pretty well back to normal.....except for all the politicians who bought it.

I understand Martha's decision to stay home and go back to her medical studies and her family. There's no sense in her mooning over the Doctor when he so obviously is not in love with her. Martha had a much easier time leaving the Doctor than Rose did(not at the very end...the first time she stayed back on Earth). But, then again, Martha has more keeping her home than Rose did.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Has Russell got something against the British government? He seems to kill them off or depose them at least once a season...
                  well.. he IS british
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    re: showing the aftereffects of the political shake-up... Well, we never saw the chaos after the Slitheen incident (or the "doesn't she look tired?" bit, for that matter) so I doubt we'll hear much about this one except perhaps in an offhand (and/or accusatory) way from the next Companion.

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                    well.. he IS british
                    i think it's just a case of creating more peril. i mean he did kill off the american president this time too. lol.

I admit i cheered a litle when he was vaporised. hehe.

Comment

well i think the fact that he got that timid woman from series 1 and she was almost evil by the christmas special shows something about his opinion of the government!
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

i wouldn't call her evil. she just wanted to protect earth. nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Comment

i think it's just a case of creating more peril. i mean he did kill off the american president this time too. lol.

I admit i cheered a litle when he was vaporised. hehe.
                          Especially after he said: "I will be your master, god willing". Moron.

We of course all burst out laughing at that line.

Comment

i wouldn't call her evil. she just wanted to protect earth. nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
                            well maybe not evil, but you could tell he was trying to implie she was being corrupted by power
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            Quotes!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              Especially after he said: "I will be your master, god willing". Moron.

We of course all burst out laughing at that line.
                              do you think it was intentional though that they ended up with a president that seemed more like a mixture of bush and nixon? lol.

Comment

do you think it was intentional though that they ended up with a president that seemed more like a mixture of bush and nixon? lol.
                                Oh I loved it. He even had a bit of resemblance to Bush I thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X