Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWarrior View Post
    Thought this was a great episode.

I early part of the episode when Sally got the letter from her friend reminded me of the ending of "Back To The Future: Part II" when Marty got the letter from the Doc from the past and was delivered on a certain day at a certain time.

Great twists, great villans, great actors/actresses and overall a great episode.
    I thoguht that, I kept shouting it out and my familly kept sshhing me.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    that would be really cool.

How about a bigger crew.

The Doctor.

Captain Jack

Martha Jones

Sally Sparrow
    I would so go for that.

Comment

It was only a matter of time...

Madeleine

Comment

$23.99? That's about £12. Not a bad price...

Not sure about the design though. Too plain for my tastes.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          and here's another
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episo...k_annual.shtml
          A link to the short story Blink was based on
          Thanks for the link. Cute story. I can see why they upped the age of Sally Sparrow for the show, but I think the twelve year old Sally works better for the short story. I like Young Sally just as much as Older Sally. Especially how she amazingly and wildly (not to mention amusingly) uses adverbs.

I wonder what kind of grade she got on her essay (if she made a copy). And if she'll ever be a Companion when she grows up. Either Sally would be good, IMO.

Comment

That short story was written for the 2005 Dr Who annual, so they had to use a kid really

Comment

Well "had to" or not, I still liked it and I don't think it would have worked as well if it had been someone Sally-Blink's age. I don't think the story would have happened at all without the kiddie POV.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                Awesome.
                sigpic

Comment

I just remembered, when DI whats-his-name was given Sally's card she said:

"Yup, that's me. Sally Shipton, no Sparrow!"

Did I miss something or did that "Shipton" come out of nowhere? ... Or am I imagining things completely and that didn't actually happen?

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Shipton was the name of the best friend's married name, I think obviously the name of the DI. Everybody knows that! Nifty idea that the DI married Sally Shipton Whatever, though. It would make a nice (if weird) fit.
                    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 11 June 2007, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Yeh, I know it was the best ever episode, The writer and creator of the episode is a genius, the enemy was brilliant couldn't get scarier.
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                        I just remembered, when DI whats-his-name was given Sally's card she said:

"Yup, that's me. Sally Shipton, no Sparrow!"

Did I miss something or did that "Shipton" come out of nowhere? ... Or am I imagining things completely and that didn't actually happen?
                        Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Shipton was the name of the best friend's married name, I think. Nifty idea that the DI married Sally Shipton, though. It would make a nice (if weird) fit.
                        Shipton was the name of the DI...

Comment

Er, yes, I know that. I was testing you. Congratulations, you passed!

I'm rubbish with names. And faces. And pretty much anything involving people...

Comment

so the doctor and martha were sent to 1969 i wonder if the saw jack and sam?

So funny with Martha peeved that she has to support the Doctor and work in a shop - rofl
                            loved that part to and then i wonder why the doctor couldent get a job. then thought of the doctor working at some shop asking do you want paper or plasic

this ep was a lot better then i thought thous angle thing freaked me out im probly going to have nightmars now. loved the bit at the end with doctor and martha and bow and arrows. heres thought about thous angle things thou couldent you just get a mirror and put it in fornt of them and then wouldent that take care of them?

Comment

Mirror? Hah! As the US Navy SEALs say - "There are few problems that cannot be solved through judiciuos use of high explosives."
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                Shipton was the name of the best friend's married name, I think obviously the name of the DI. Everybody knows that! Nifty idea that the DI married Sally Shipton Whatever, though. It would make a nice (if weird) fit.
                                lol!
                                Originally posted by Naonak
                                Shipton was the name of the DI...
                                Argh. I r n00b. Thanks and apologies! I should probably pay attention to people and their names in shows...
                                Last edited by Anubis69; 11 June 2007, 10:30 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
                                X