Blink (2910/310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Not that I can see. It's a bit pricey I guess (price of a book) but really there is so much to it.. it's magazine format but a good centimetre or more thick with probably 6+ pages on each episode, filled with pictures and text and info. I've barely even scratched the surface of reading it all yet.. I've just been dipping into the entries for episodes I particularly liked..

If you're really interested in having a copy, I'd be happy to get you one over here and post it to you?
    Thanks for the offer- I don't think I shall be getting this one- I'm still saving for the actual DVDs.

The reason it seems so expensive is because $13.99 US is going to be roughly $20 CDN (if it's on sale here). We don't get a decent exchange rate on these sci-fi magazines to account for the strong Canadian dollar () so I never buy any in Canada.

Comment

It's a good thing my son and I watched this when it was light outside! My 7 year old was totally freaked out. Okay so was I! The use of the Angels was great. Of course they had to add that bit at the end with all the statue pictures and the doctor doing his don't blink bit!
      My son: they are everywhere!
      Me: you do know it's NOT real?
      My son: yes. But they are creepy.
      Hopefully he sleeps well tonight!
      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post

It's a good thing my son and I watched this when it was light outside! My 7 year old was totally freaked out. Okay so was I! The use of the Angels was great. Of course they had to add that bit at the end with all the statue pictures and the doctor doing his don't blink bit!
        My son: they are everywhere!
        Me: you do know it's NOT real?
        My son: yes. But they are creepy.
        Hopefully he sleeps well tonight!
        I won't be letting my seven year old sister watch this one. No way am I being responsible for her getting nightmares. We did watch "Girl in the Fireplace" this morning though, so she gets a taste of Steven Moffat's wonderful writing.

Comment

^ Heh I have a seven-year old sis too, only difference is that I do want to show her this ep. She gets scared real easily, last year we took her to see Chicken Little and she got so scared at the alien scene lol, so you can imagine how she would react to this. I'm cruel I know...
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
            ^ Heh I have a seven-year old sis too, only difference is that I do want to show her this ep. She gets scared real easily, last year we took her to see Chicken Little and she got so scared at the alien scene lol, so you can imagine how she would react to this. I'm cruel I know...

My parents would ground me if I did. In spite of the fact that I'm too old to be grounded.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              I won't be letting my seven year old sister watch this one. No way am I being responsible for her getting nightmares. We did watch "Girl in the Fireplace" this morning though, so she gets a taste of Steven Moffat's wonderful writing.
              Yeah but my son watched Ghost Rider and wants to watch it again. We saw it in the theatres and it was rated PG-13. Got a previously viewed copy from Rogers Video for $10 and noticed when I got home that it's an extended edition and now 14A! Watched it with Dave and I didn't notice any difference. OF course it had been awhile. I think there was just more bodies turning into black. So I let Bobby watch it. Kept asking him if he was scared. I got glared at! Though I think the Angel statues from DW scared him more. We actually missed Girl in the Fireplace. I was hoping CBC would rerun some from season 27 and 28 like they were doing back at the beginning of the year. But I noticed it too late and missed most of season 28.

Comment

Yeah but my son watched Ghost Rider and wants to watch it again. We saw it in the theatres and it was rated PG-13. Got a previously viewed copy from Rogers Video for $10 and noticed when I got home that it's an extended edition and now 14A! Watched it with Dave and I didn't notice any difference. OF course it had been awhile. I think there was just more bodies turning into black. So I let Bobby watch it. Kept asking him if he was scared. I got glared at! Though I think the Angel statues from DW scared him more. We actually missed Girl in the Fireplace. I was hoping CBC would rerun some from season 27 and 28 like they were doing back at the beginning of the year. But I noticed it too late and missed most of season 28.
                We've got most of series two borrowed from the library- somehow ended up with discs two through six all at once. Lots of Who watching going on at my house. I hope CBC will re-air them as well, they make for excellent repeat viewing, better than most shows, and the DVDs cost a bundle.

Comment

My hubby was curious about this episode because I mentioned how it freaked Bobby out so much. And well, Bobby was begging to watch it again! He is SO my son. Need to freak himself out once again. So we watched it. Hubby thought it was very well done.
                  Then we were walking the kids to the nearest library. There's a small cemetary right before the library. As we were walking by my evil husband said "Look there's an Angel statue!" My son's head whipped around so fast and I saw the look on his face! There was no Angel. But Bobby did laugh about it.

Comment

My hubby was curious about this episode because I mentioned how it freaked Bobby out so much. And well, Bobby was begging to watch it again! He is SO my son. Need to freak himself out once again. So we watched it. Hubby thought it was very well done.
                    Then we were walking the kids to the nearest library. There's a small cemetary right before the library. As we were walking by my evil husband said "Look there's an Angel statue!" My son's head whipped around so fast and I saw the look on his face! There was no Angel. But Bobby did laugh about it.

I want Steven Moffat's job (and talent). Freaking out that many kids all at once? Can't think of anything more fun.

Comment

According to The Doctor Who Adventures magazine the Weeping Angels are the scariest monsters of the last series http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...12/48755.shtml

Comment

That episode is awesome!!!! It's a perfect blend of creepy, sad, and compelling. I hope that we get more of Stephen Moffat's work in the future.

Spoiler:
                        And yes, I hope that he takes over the show if RTD leaves.
                        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Wow ... loved this ep!!! am a new Dr. watcher this season and for me this ep was the best by far!!!

The weeping angels ... amazing ... terrifyingly eeerie ... in a very weird way!!!

and the ending ...

deff enjoyed it!!

teehee!!
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!
                          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

It was very good, it would be great if she became a companion
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I agree, Sally Sparrow was fantastic. I never really liked Rose or Martha. The first one was too...um, let´s just say that she created more problems than solved and Martha was in love from very first moment.
                              Sally was action, smart, with her head in right place. I´d be happy to see her as a companion. Or she could at least return for few episodes.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Watched the episode again, love it everytime.

And yes, Sally would make an excellent companion! She has all the qualities, but now that she's basically settling down I don't know if that would ever be possible.
                                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Working...
                                X