Blink (2910/310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Er... I know what you mean but RS was Torchwood not Doctor Who.

Anyway... nicely done, I jumped a couple of times, I really loved the set up, the premise and the over all feel of the episode, you may have been fooled into believing as the time ticked by and no Doctor that this was a filler ep... but you would be incredibly WRONG! Just like L&M this ep relied on the actors, the script and a sense of anything is possible, and imho just like L&M it worked in spades.

The only annoying thing *and given we post on forums I think we all know why they do it* was the over explanation of things. I am happy to just go with the flow in most eps, I don't need to be talked down to with endless bits of information that really is only there to shut up the over zealous *nit picking* fans.

Huh, I never knew the T.A.R.D.I.S could do that.

I am going out to get a t-shirt printed up right now. "The Angels have the phone box!"
    I know.. that's why i bracketed it. :-p

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Fair enough... although apparently no one watched Torchwood so they may have been wondering what you were referring to.

And was this Mummy t-shirt thing a BBC release or something someone knocked up out in the shed? I wouldn't mind one, did it have the little boy in the gas mask?

Comment

Pant wettingly scary! I don't think I got to sleep until after 0200hrs this morning...

Thanks to Steven Moffat, a whole generation of small children will soil themselves in terror at the sight of a statue.

Ladies and germs, a big hand please, for actress Aga Blonska and her portrayal of the Weeping Angel.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
          Fair enough... although apparently no one watched Torchwood so they may have been wondering what you were referring to.

And was this Mummy t-shirt thing a BBC release or something someone knocked up out in the shed? I wouldn't mind one, did it have the little boy in the gas mask?
          I've no idea.... I can't even remember where I've heard it!

Oooh, an danother thing I love about the Doctor-lite episodes. There are so many people throughout the episodes he changes the lives of completely and utterly, and they're just a bleep on the radar for him. And every time they do a Doctor-lite episode we get those 3D people, to stand up for hte rest.
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            Ladies and germs, a big hand please, for actress Aga Blonska and her portrayal of the Weeping Angel.
            Absolutly, it's a toss up between the Weeping Angels and Bains as to who picks up the scariest villan

Shall we get some polls going at the end of the series as to favourite episode and scariest villan/monster

Comment

This episode was just utterly fantastic - creepy, involving, exciting and beautifully executed and acted. The statues were genuinely scary, as some one said somewhere above what you don't see can often be more scary than what you do see, so I'm so glad we didn't actually see them move, it just made it all the creepier. There are definitely going to be some very scared kids (and adults) around the country.

Comment

Well as long as we can include Martha's mum... she is one scary women.

That one Angel that was after the *brother* fella, now that was scary! I am so glad I am not a youngster; I am sure I would have nightmares over that one.

Comment

Ok, I've had a bit of a think about this...

There are four Angels - call them North, South, West and East.
                  North is looking at South (and vice versa).
                  West is looking at East (ditto.).

You'd need two people, minimum (and BTW, sod a sledge hammer, I'll use explosives) to smash North and South simultaneously. Then you'd move on to West and East.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Love the sig Willow's Cat, I'd green you but it won't let me so have an unofficial one

Comment

I sat down to watch this episode not exspecting much (Like i am sure a lot of you where) However after only a few mins i was hooked on this wonderfully writtern and filmed episode. They monsters where trully creepy and scary with a cool gothic look and mythology. They way they moved via camera tricks and cuts was excellent.

Best Bits...

-When we 1rst see the angel moving towards Sparrows female friend. Slowy gettting closer and closer.
                      -When sparrow takes the key and as she moves over the angel in the background you see its hands move and look at her.
                      -the DVD easter egg convosation (i bet that scene will be an actuall easter egg in a DW DVD)
                      -When they appear in the underground car park from nowhere
                      -The potentinal boyfriend as an old man in "The same rain"
                      -When the DVD guy looks away for 1 sec and the angel gets up close to his face! CREEPY!
                      -When the ligths flicker on and off and they move bit by bit.
                      -The Doctor and Martha going hunting 4 something with a bow and arrows.

Bad Bits (only 1)
                      -When Sally Sparrow 1rst goes into the creepy house with her camera i am sure i saw a camera man in a reflection on some glass.

10/10
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        Love the sig Willow's Cat, I'd green you but it won't let me so have an unofficial one
                        Which one? I have them on rotation! LOL

Originally posted by MechaThor
                        -the DVD easter egg convosation (i bet that scene will be an actuall easter egg in a DW DVD)
                        That would be so cool.

And yeah I loved the bit when The Doctor turns up in the end hunting, a lizard thing didn't he say, with arrows.

Comment

*snort, giggle* Oh this is priceless...

Ok, so, I'm just back from getting the Sunday papers at the corner shop. My route takes me past an old folks home which is run by a sect of Catholic nuns, the Little Sisters of the Poor.
                          And, of course, there's a few religious-type statues in the grounds of the home...

As I walked past the place, a few kids came past the other way - and I'm willing to swear in any court you'd care to mention that they were all casting suspicious glances at the statues.

Ahhh, the power of television.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Angels have the Phone Box one

Comment

After last week's great episode I was still recovering from the creepiness of Baines, only to be totally freaked out by those statues.

I loved this episode, especially as I had such a low expectation for it.
                              All the actors were excellent, and the editing of the scenes with the statues moving was just brilliant.

10/10 from me.

I can't wait for next week.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hands up who had trouble sleeping last night afer watching Dr. Who?

*puts up hand*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X