Gridlock (2903/303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
    I liked this episode. Like last week, it isn't an overall powerful episode, but it has moments that more than make up for the slow plot at times.

The Good:

Brannigan and the kittens. I'm not asking how his partner gave birth to kittens either, but they were cute. I wouldn't mind if the show revisits New Earth and company again, but no spinoff please.

All the people of New Earth: Werewolves, Cats, etc. It was nice to see the alien but not alien idea handled well.

Martha: She was quite strong this week. I can understand her trusting the Doctor, but I appreciated that she had an "Oh frell" moment too. I love her level of agency; she is a vast improvement over Rose!

DT: The man can act, and the scenes where he describes Gallifrey were excellent.

The Bad:

The pacing: It was a bit slow. The episode will probably be fine without commercials, and I suppose that it should be slow. We, as the audience, can feel stuck just like the poor folks on the trafficway.

Continuity:
    Spoiler:
    I've read ahead. The Face of Boe is Jack, right? I'm not seeing it.

Overall, it was a great episode. I'm off to catch it again tonight, and I look forward to the DVD of Season 3! 9/10.
    Ooooh.....frak. I just read the spoiler tag- could you label it a little more clearly- I assumed it was some sort of continuity issue between this ep and the series two episode New Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Ooooh.....frak. I just read the spoiler tag- could you label it a little more clearly- I assumed it was some sort of continuity issue between this ep and the series two episode New Earth.

Oops. Sorry. All Fixed.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I really really enjoyed this episode. It is one of my favorites of DT's session (except-- of course--the season 3-parter.)

I liked the details-- the claustrophobic cars, the self-sufficiency upgrades (which were absolutely necessary), the aliens, the Face of Boe, the kittens, and the background scenery-- everything was excellent and carried a certain "atmosphere" which was good for this episode.

I liked the way David Tennant "lectured" the people selling moods. I'm glad-- for their sakes-- they weren't there when he got back. I liked the way that Martha-- always a Doctor-- ripped the patch off the girl's neck.

I have one little tiny complaint about this episode. I'm going to put it in spoilers because I discuss something from the next two episodes.

Spoiler:
        When they go to Manhattan, are all of the people speaking with a British accent-- that is except for the Bugs-Bunny voice on Talullah--??? Couldn't they have had one of the American actors-- someone with a tiny speaking part-- do some of the vocals for New New York police, or for that lady at the beginning (gowsh, I don't remember her name...) that greeted everybody???

You are reading this correctly.-->> 12/ 10.
        "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
          Ardal O'Hanlon's cat person was lovely. And the kittens - LOL at the very idea.
          *snicker*
          they certainly were adorable... I kept wondering at what age they'd start turning into half human, half cat.

Loved the excellent make-up on the cat people this time, especially Brannigan.

Comment

They could make tons of money by making posters of David Tennant as Doctor Who... holding kittens. I'd buy one. Anyone have a screen cap of that???
            "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by docballen View Post
              They could make tons of money by making posters of David Tennant as Doctor Who... holding kittens. I'd buy one. Anyone have a screen cap of that???
              I'd completely wallpaper my room.....kittens should be his accessory.

Comment

I liked this episode too... mainly because of the kittens - yup, I'm a cat person.

The motorway reminds me of some of the highways around here. The Long Island Expressway, which runs from New York City (that's one "New" ) out to the far end of Long Island, is commonly referred to as "the world's longest parking lot". It's become a running joke between my husband and me - whenever one of us is stuck in traffic, we'll say, "I'm on the motorway."
                I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by CatGoddess View Post
                  I liked this episode too... mainly because of the kittens - yup, I'm a cat person.

The motorway reminds me of some of the highways around here. The Long Island Expressway, which runs from New York City (that's one "New" ) out to the far end of Long Island, is commonly referred to as "the world's longest parking lot". It's become a running joke between my husband and me - whenever one of us is stuck in traffic, we'll say, "I'm on the motorway."
                  I'm a cat person too. But they look kinda odd.

Comment

pretty cool ep nice twist at the end of the people being trapped in the motorway by the face of boe to keep them alieve

i loved the doctor dropping from car to car
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yeah this Episode is Cool...Really I love this Episode.

Comment

this is a fantastic episode alto sad because the face of bou dies (sorry if i spelled it wrong) but i found it funny.
                        sigpic

Comment

I still love this episode... The Doctor jumping car to car made me think of the game Frogger.

I LOVE the kittens they were so cute.
                          Poor mum how did she give birth to those, but then again this is Dr. Who so I didn't think too much on that.

Great episode.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

the kittens were cute i like that the doctor invented a sport of jumping from car to car lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Cool episode, if somewhat odd. But then, I'm getting used to odd with the Doctor.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                                the kittens were cute i like that the doctor invented a sport of jumping from car to car lol
                                That always reminds me of the game Frogger
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X