Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Ahh the wonderful Sally Traffic, it'll be nice to think she was
    What are the odds that Steve Wright and/or Chris Evans will comment upon it tomorrow afternoon?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I'll have to listen to them when I get to work

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        I still don't understand how ONLY the overcity could die. And how it could be EVERYONE practically all at once. But whatever. Cute lil' kitties!
        From what they said, the virus became airborne and spread rapidly.. they managed to seal all the accesses from the overcity to the undercity, thus protecting it.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but THAT rapidly? And no one from overcity tried to escape to undercity? And how could undercity be so completely sealed off as to protect it from an AIRBORNE VIRUS and yet still produce enough oxygen to survive for twenty plus years? No one tried to get out any warnings or anything? The city (or was it planet?) itself has been completely sealed off and yet the people in undercity know nothing about it? No one tried to learn anything? No one wondered? No one tried to do anything?

I know people can be sheep, but it seems to be stretching the point a little far.

Comment

The kittens! The kittens! ahhhhh...

So, now we all know how to really scare Russel T Davies - put him in a traffic jam in the motorway. Honestly, no one who's not traffic-jam-phobic could've written this

I dunno about plot holes; in order to have them, you actually need to have a plot. Doctor Who rarely does.... but I'm not complaining. I like it just the way it is. Who needs continuity when we've got lovely cats?
            Also, I have to admit that watchign this one with friends has given me quite the shockin insight - I'm usually very cynical about all the Angst! scenes, but watching this with a friend's comments to that extent I realised I don't mind the angst obn Doctor Who. Odd.... Tho I've got to admit RTD really is trying to push the Doctor hard into Angst!land. I loved the Gallifrey bits - you can jsut see the sadness in his eyes when he described it to Martha, even tho he was lying adn pretending it still exists - and him trying to cling hard to that pretending - yup, you never know what you've got til you've lost it... always running away from Gallifrey in the old series, now he just wants to get back. And the bit in the end when he was honest with her - yeah, it was really great - especially considering
            Spoiler:
            He did tell he it's the Daleks... and there we got next week! Daleks! Yeah, I want that episode.

And the face of Boe! Poor creature, dying. You've gotta wonder tho, being the last of his kind - are the other creature from his kind the Kidney of Boe, the Toenail of Boe, the Liver of Boe etc?
            Ha! And the message. Yup, it realyl starts lookign like a set up for dropping yet another anvil on the Doctor - you're not alone; it's the Master BTW. I really really hope that, it'd be brilliant.

Did I mention the kittens? Ma ma!

Edit: and how could I forget, Martha's comment about "have you ever heard the word rebound".... so deserving, I msut say.
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Right.

1. Ah...the Macra, old school Who research has it's uses!

2. Brannigan was good.

3. Er...hello...23 years on a motorway. Surely something has gone wrong.

4. Liked how the Gallifrey references were worked in.

Overall, not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but it had it's moments.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

So do you reckon we'll somehow find another Time Lord? even though The Doctor says he'd be able to feel them......
                I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg View Post
                  So do you reckon we'll somehow find another Time Lord? even though The Doctor says he'd be able to feel them......

"You are not alone" possibilities;

1) Granddaughter Susan

2) The Meddling Monk

3) Omega

4) The Master

5) Leela and Andred's offspring... or Leela

6) Romana

7) The Rani

I would place money on it being The Master. but these are some of the other people with Time Lord connections. Susan was left behind on Earth, and there is a possibility that she might have (somehow) retained TARDIS technology. The Meddling Monk and Omega are, to me, the longest of long-shots, but they are still Time Lords. Romana is still in E-space but who says she can't come back???

And if we find out that Captain Jack ends up being the Master I'll cry my eyes out.
                  "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

David Tennant said in Dr Who Confidential something along the lines of.. "The Doctor knows that he is the last Timelord. The Face of Boe is not wrong... but neither is the Doctor. The truth lies somewhere inbetween.."
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's Rassilon, after all he is immortal

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                        Really? Was your grandad in the navy? I remember my grandma asking the vicar for it specifically for that reason...

Did anyone watch Dr Who Confidential? How sweet was David Tennant with that little kitten walking on his shoulder?! Awwwwwwww.....
                        Didn't the Doctor say he wasn't a cat person in last season's ep "Fear Her"? (I think that was it) Rose was looking at the cat that then disappeared and I'm sure he said he didn't like cats...

As for Gridlock, I thought that the giant crabs were completely ridiculous, but I'm glad the Doctor is opening up a bit more about his past. As someone not old enough to have seen any of the other series', all I've heard about his homeworld is what's been mentioned in the new series. I hope they expand on it a bit more, especially since apparently he's not alone. *cue eerie music*

Comment

Ok, I'm gonna do this in spoilers cos the last time I posted somethign like this, I got my knuckles rapped by Skydiver the Moderator - I am unrepentant, COMMON KNOWLEDGE!

Anyway - if you believe the press, TV Zone and the like then the mysterious Mister Saxon who keeps getting mentioned...
                          Spoiler:
                          ...is really the Master. "MIster Saxon" being an anagram of "Master No. Six".
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Right then you lot - the campaign to give Brannigan and his family their own series starts here! Who's with me?
                            Get rid of miss jones and replace her with brannigan instead.

Oh and...

Spoiler:
                            The daleks are soon to change...
                            Spoiler:
                            frankenstien style!
                            Originally posted by farcue
                            "You're the last man alive John"
                            "What about tayla?"
                            "Shes dead."
                            "What about ronan?"
                            "He's dead, they're all dead."
                            "Not Carter?"
                            "Gordon bennet, they're dead john, john they're dead, they are dead."
                            "Are you trying to tell me everyones dead?"

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              Ok, I'm gonna do this in spoilers cos the last time I posted somethign like this, I got my knuckles rapped by Skydiver the Moderator - I am unrepentant, COMMON KNOWLEDGE!

Anyway - if you believe the press, TV Zone and the like then the mysterious Mister Saxon who keeps getting mentioned...
                              Spoiler:
                              ...is really the Master. "MIster Saxon" being an anagram of "Master No. Six".
                              I keep getting my knuckles rapped by someone who thinks she's a Mod and I'm unrepentant too

Anyway to the point, the spoiler, yep I can see that

Spoiler:
                              rumour has it that the Master, if he does return, is going to be played by actor of the moment John Simm

Comment

So I understand yes.

Thing is though, as a friend pointed out to me...
                                Spoiler:
                                ...Simm's character in Life on Mars - Sam Tyler - is an anagram of (wait for it) "Masterly".
                                Last edited by BruTak; 16 April 2007, 02:16 AM. Reason: Typo.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X