No announcement yet.

Gridlock (2903/303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looooved Brannigan and the kittens! Cute! And the face of Boe! Not that his message was a huge revelation what with the rampant spoilers and all, but I love the face of Boe and was really glad to see him back. *sniff*

The premise was.....bizarre. But that's what I love about Doctor Who. It was original, and certainly not a recycled storyline or premise from anything I've ever seen, so I can forgive any plotholes on that count. loved him jumping down through all of the cars, and seeing all the weirdos. As someone who hates vehicles, I would have gone mad after an hour of being stuck in that.

Comment

This episode was wonderful. There are so many things to love about it. The Doctor telling Martha about his home planet was very touching. I may have cried a bit, but I do that quite easily.

The doctor going through car after car to get to the fast lane was great. I enjoyed all the "car" characters, especially the kittens. Awwwwwww. I'm a cat lover.

Martha seems very invested in The Doctor already. She's determined to break down his defenses and find out what he's all about. And he realizes that he has to give Martha something. Anyway, she's hooked!!!
      And The Doctor already cares about her as well.
      Love Martha's jealousy of Rose: "You took me to the same planet that you took her to????"

How great was it to see the Face of Boe?? And what does his statement about the Doctor not being alone mean???

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
        This episode was wonderful. There are so many things to love about it. The Doctor telling Martha about his home planet was very touching. I may have cried a bit, but I do that quite easily.
        I teared up as well. David Tennant delivered that so perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          Looooved Brannigan and the kittens! Cute! And the face of Boe! Not that his message was a huge revelation what with the rampant spoilers and all, but I love the face of Boe and was really glad to see him back. *sniff*
          What spoilers? I haven't spoiled anything! LIES! ALL LIEEEEES!! LIIIIIIEEEEEEESSSS!

I liked Branigan too. That prosthetic must be murder to wear though.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
            What spoilers? I haven't spoiled anything! LIES! ALL LIEEEEES!! LIIIIIIEEEEEEESSSS!

I liked Branigan too. That prosthetic must be murder to wear though.
            Ah, but soooo worth it.

Comment

I abolutely choked up on first viewing of that scene.. partly because of David Tennant's pitch-perfect, emotional delivery of the lines.. and partly because of the hymn playing in the background which is one that has very melancholy associations for me. In combination.. well, it's probably only that I was watching with my husband that prevent me from blubbing out loud!
              sigpic

Comment

And some people say that David Tennant lacks Eccleston's gravitas...
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                  People say that! Let me at em!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                    Are you kidding? Who are these people and were they victims of an unfortunate accident or did they choose lobotomisation voluntarily?!

Tennant can convey such depths of emotion with even a glance, let alone words, that it never ceases to amaze me. You can *hear* the pain and the loss and the unshed tears in his voice in that scene in Gridlock... as you can at the end of The Christmas Bride where he tells Donna, "Rose. Her name was Rose." and in too many other instances to mention...
                    sigpic

Comment

TBH, I was alrady feelign miserable for him in the second scene of the episode, where he talks about Gallifrey to Martha without her knowing it's gone, all misery and mood ruined... sniff.

And yeah, I'll join on with the Tennant's an amazing actor chants He's incredible, honestly one of the ebst actors I've ever seen.
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                        Are you kidding? Who are these people and were they victims of an unfortunate accident or did they choose lobotomisation voluntarily?!

Tennant can convey such depths of emotion with even a glance, let alone words, that it never ceases to amaze me. You can *hear* the pain and the loss and the unshed tears in his voice in that scene in Gridlock... as you can at the end of The Christmas Bride where he tells Donna, "Rose. Her name was Rose." and in too many other instances to mention...
                        Don't worry I'm a converted here. But yeah... I heard so much of that in S2 on a certain large Doctor Who forum that I wanted to throw things at the screen.

DT is an amazing actor... His performance in the season finale... *swoons* The man has a great range, IMO

I adore Gridlock... to me it's probably the most original Doctor Who episode I have seen for a long time. I found it wonderfully moving.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

This episode quite bored me, but i think it only bored me because i knew that the next episode is Daleks in Manhattan. The kitten babies were rather unusal. People didn't walk outside because well they are flying cars they can't walk outside. and not to mention the fact that the motorway is completly enclosed which was done by the government of New New York to stop the virus from spreading down into the motorway and killing everybody like it did to the rest of the planet. The people wouldn't have figured it out because the exhaust fumes made zero visibility so they wouldn't have seen that they kept looping around the Undercity but 10 miles in 6 years so i don't think anybody would notice. Still a strange episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                            This episode quite bored me, but i think it only bored me because i knew that the next episode is Daleks in Manhattan. The kitten babies were rather unusal. People didn't walk outside because well they are flying cars they can't walk outside. and not to mention the fact that the motorway is completly enclosed which was done by the government of New New York to stop the virus from spreading down into the motorway and killing everybody like it did to the rest of the planet. The people wouldn't have figured it out because the exhaust fumes made zero visibility so they wouldn't have seen that they kept looping around the Undercity but 10 miles in 6 years so i don't think anybody would notice. Still a strange episode.
                            Though one would think that they'd have some sort of GPS to show them that so visibility wouldn't matter. /nitpick

Comment

I liked this episode. Like last week, it isn't an overall powerful episode, but it has moments that more than make up for the slow plot at times.

The Good:

Brannigan and the kittens. I'm not asking how his partner gave birth to kittens either, but they were cute. I wouldn't mind if the show revisits New Earth and company again, but no spinoff please.

All the people of New Earth: Werewolves, Cats, etc. It was nice to see the alien but not alien idea handled well.

Martha: She was quite strong this week. I can understand her trusting the Doctor, but I appreciated that she had an "Oh frell" moment too. I love her level of agency; she is a vast improvement over Rose!

DT: The man can act, and the scenes where he describes Gallifrey were excellent.

The Bad:

The pacing: It was a bit slow. The episode will probably be fine without commercials, and I suppose that it should be slow. We, as the audience, can feel stuck just like the poor folks on the trafficway.

Continuity (finale spoilers):
                              Spoiler:
                              I've read ahead. The Face of Boe is Jack, right? I'm not seeing it.

Overall, it was a great episode. I'm off to catch it again tonight, and I look forward to the DVD of Season 3! 9/10.
                              Last edited by MasySyma; 20 July 2007, 08:44 PM. Reason: responding to a request
                              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

This time I actually heard one of the kittens saying "Mama." LOL! So cute!

Meanwhile the Face of Boe's death was even sadder the second time around.

Comment

Working...
                                X