^ Your friend has waaay too much free time
      Indeed.

But I kind of like the idea of
      Spoiler:
      Philip Glenister playing the Master.

Spoiler:
      "I am the Master, an' I'm havin' 'oops!"
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I was going to say your friend has too much time on his hands

Comment

Very enjoyable episode.

I notice many people liked the kittens, ahhh. Oh oh really?

Brannigan said they were 2 months old, that is when hell on new earth starts. I actually do have five 3 month old kittens plus mum. No doubt about it they are cute when all cuddled up together sleeping, but the thought of being stuck in a small van with them is mind boggling.
          The writers obviously do not know how much 6 cats eat and as a consequence how quickly they can fill a stinking litter tray. My god with all that pollution on the motorway you could not breath inside or outside. Then there is the manic running, jumping, climbing and fighting.

I love my cats but if it was a choice between living with them in a tiny van or jumping down to be macra fodder I would jump.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
            I was going to say your friend has too much time on his hands
            I'll be sure and pass that along.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

If it's in a magazine it isn't "common knowledge," no matter how much you want to believe it is. Thanks for remembering spoiler tags this time. I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                If it's in a magazine it isn't "common knowledge," no matter how much you want to believe it is. Thanks for remembering spoiler tags this time. I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it.
                Ok, fine. No need to beat me about the head with it.
                sigpic

Comment

Brilliant! So ambitious and spectacular! I agree that David Tennant is a master of his profession and a great credit to the show. Martha is shaping up well (though she really needs screaming lessons). Love those lesbian grandmas! And the black cat with the two girls... creepy.

A few of you have spoken of a flimsy plot, I hardly noticed, but for one gaping annoyance that also struck me in The End of the World and New Earth, and that is that the year is around 5 billion... that is RIDICULOUS! I've never been to the future, but I can tell you that if the human race survives that long (which it won't) there's not a chance in hell it would be anything like this. All the characters, the designs, the physiology, the language, everything simply is wrong. To me, the year would be more suited to be around 3000, much more credible. But 5 billion? Truly, what were they thinking?

On a happier note, we weren't in London! Nor will we be for the next two eps, hoorah!! But after this next appearance of the Daleks.. it should be their last.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't appreciate being laughed at nor do I like the implication that my concerns are imaginary and that y'all are only playing along to humor those imagined few individuals who aren't aware of the "common knowledge."

Originally posted by Tanduay
                    The writers obviously do not know how much 6 cats eat and as a consequence how quickly they can fill a stinking litter tray.
                    Well, if the Brannigans have a set-up like Martha's kidnappers then their waste gets recycled as food. So having kittens producing a lot of waste would produce a lot of food.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      I don't appreciate being laughed at nor do I like the implication that my concerns are imaginary and that y'all are only playing along to humor those imagined few individuals who aren't aware of the "common knowledge."
                      *Ducks to avoid the flying handbags *

Comment

Can we drop this please? Skydiver's request for spoiler tags was hardly onerous, and it was certainly reasonable, and since anyone who's been here more than a few weeks must surely have sussed our spoiler policy, there's no need to discuss it.

(But in case anyone's unsure, we have NO "unless you think everyone else knows / unless you think that since you know everyone who matters knows / unless you read it in a magazine with a high circulation" clause in the rules.)

Any questions / comments, they can be asked / made in the Ask the Mods thread or somewhere else that isn't here.

Madeleine

Comment

I refer the honorable Mods to my previous post.
                          Point taken, lesson learned - as far as I'm concerned the matter is at an end.
                          Last edited by BruTak; 16 April 2007, 05:42 AM. Reason: Typo.
                          sigpic

Comment

*awkward moment*
                            Hey! The episode...
                            Don't think I could've coped being the Brannagans, I'm allergic to cats

Comment

Gruesome #2 cried because the Face of Boe died

bless her little cotton socks!
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                                Gruesome #2 cried because the Face of Boe died

bless her little cotton socks!
                                Awww...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X