X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhhhhhh,

I still can't get Alex into Dr Who, not even when there's kittens on screen

Comment

Over on Outpost Gallifrey it's been pointed out that the car the Doctor passed through with the asian girls had a poster on the wall with the Japanese words for "Bad Wolf" on it.

Gone but not forgotten, eh, Rose?
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I'm actually surprised Rose has been mentioned so much. I'd have thought they'd want to move on to the new companion. But I'm glad, I really liked the chemistry the Doctor and Rose had

Comment

I rather liked this episode. It started out weak, but ended strong.

This was one of 12 episodes I've been looking forward to (I did not like Love & Monsters, so the next Doctor-lite episode I am not looking forward to).

Matty

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
            David Tennant said in Dr Who Confidential something along the lines of.. "The Doctor knows that he is the last Timelord. The Face of Boe is not wrong... but neither is the Doctor. The truth lies somewhere inbetween.."
            Hmm....

More speculation then spoilers but just in case.

Spoiler:
            The Master is a TimeLord but after that many regenerations, and given the circumstances of the latter ones, (also he's death) can The Master be seen as a fully fledged TimeLord.

Maybe he treads that line of somewhere in-between.

And firefly827347 I think the cat thing in "Fear Her" if it was there (I don't remember) was a throw back to a Classic Who ep, where he encounters "Cat people" er... evil "Cat People" I don't think he liked them much. At least I like to think sometimes these comments related to Classic Who.

Comment

im sure theres a way they can make a Time-Lord come out of nowhere and have some excuse why The Doctor didnt feel in his head or something.......and also what about Time-Lords that survived in another dimention...... always a possibility.
              I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

to me it sounded quite positive when the face of bo said that he was not alone. perhaps it could mean that ramona will return. or some one else. some one new ?
                oooh well time will tell.

but then again the doctor did mention the loss of his family and friend.
                Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

I haven't read back all the way through this thread so don't shoot me if it's already been said.
                  The doc said he was a dad once, would a Time Lord's child be a Time Lord?
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                    I haven't read back all the way through this thread so don't shoot me if it's already been said.
                    The doc said he was a dad once, would a Time Lord's child be a Time Lord?
                    Well, there's Susan - the First Doctor's Granddaughter. Although there was some speculaton a number of years ago that Susan was really Gallifreyan royalty of some kind, on the run for some reason, and not really a blood relative of the Doctor.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Was EVERYONE on Gallifrey a Time Lord? I mean, were there Time Lord Janitors and Time Lord Accountants and whatnot? The latter is kinda terrifying... lol

Comment

According to the anoraks I've met not everyone on Gallifrey was a Timelord, the Timelords went through some kind of transformation while the rest of the gallifreains stayed ordinary, somewhere along the line someone said that the Doctor's father wasn't a TimeLord

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                          According to the anoraks I've met not everyone on Gallifrey was a Timelord, the Timelords went through some kind of transformation while the rest of the gallifreains stayed ordinary, somewhere along the line someone said that the Doctor's father wasn't a TimeLord
                          There is a Tom Baker episode called "The Invasion of Time" where we go to Gallifrey... and meet non-Time Lord Gallifreyans.
                          "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

I think the other Time Lord the Face of Bow (he will be missed) was talking about is
                            Spoiler:
                            THE MASTER
                            which exsplains why the Dr looked kinda angry and said the face was wrong.

Also was the Face of bow always a Face? I mean if not he must have been hudge. Unless they floated around like a Cacodemons from DOOM.
                            Or lived underwater like some kind of Jellyfish or squid?
                            sigpic
                            Banner Made By Me for Me
                            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I'm guessing he was a floater; that would explain the head tentacles. I notice at the end he said "It feels good to breathe the air again" or something along those lines, so wherever he's from was probably an oxygen world.

Or given envents in the next ep, maybe...
                              Spoiler:
                              He's an "evolved" Dalek who's gone through a few more upgrades since Manhattan. Wouldn't THAT make for a bizarre twist? LOL!

No, I don't think that possibility is remotely likely, but it's still funny.

Comment

Not a bad episode, I kinda liked the whole idea but there a few loose ends that were not fully explained, why did nobody notice that they were trapped......a few years back in the dead heat of the summer a train over here in the UK broke down, now the train was packed out with people and the train staff were less than helpful (Virgin trains lives up to their reputation but that's another story anyhow) hours passed and the train powered down with no aircon and no ventilation to cope with the stifling heat people revolted and kicked open doors and smashed a few windows to escape what was discribed as a baking oven the temperature reached over 120F and that was in the space of a few hours......so why are we to believe that people trapped with nowhere to go would just think "Hmm ok I think i will settle down for the journey and oh maybe have chilldren......yeah right, in times of severe traffic it has been known for people to leave their cars and walk off.....surely there was somewhere to go?

anyhow I rambled on but yeah a good episode and i loved the angst and the message for TFOB, and the cat hybrid people were a great addition and a familiar face.....strange ideas though flaoting around the office in BBC cardif lol......I wonder do they purr like kitties?
                                sigpic
                                In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Working...
                                X