No announcement yet.

Downloaded (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode totally messed with my head. After tonite, there are seemingly endless possibilities. Will there be a split in Cylon society? What will happen when the baby learns its a hybrid? How will Boomer and Helo react? What will happen if the fleet finds out about this during the upcoming election? These are just a few of the thousands of issues that I can't wait to see resolved. Yet again, another great episode. BSG is becoming one of the best shows on tv.

Comment

I think we're missing something here...

If Caprica 6 died in that blast at Baltar's house, THEN HE MUST HAVE TOO! I know that it was explained away with a couple of lines here and there, but I really think that Baltar is a Cylon - he just doesn't realize it or want to acknowledge it. Think of this: Baltar and 6 see each other in their "hallucinations". If that happens to 6 just as it's happening to Baltar, then doesn't it make sense that they are both Cylons? I guess maybe I took logic in college one too many times...I don't know. Call me crazy.

This episode was great. I liked the fact that Roslin isn't afraid to make difficult decisions. The Cylons reinhabiting Caprica City is bizarre in a good way. I also like how they give everybody in this ensemble cast a moment to shine. These actors are very capable of carrying a story and are given that opportunity more often that in other shows I've seen.

OH!!! and the Doctor Who promo made me soooooooo psyched that after Battlestar goes on vacation until July, I have another show to watch!!!!!!

Comment

Anyone think a Cylon civil war is coming in the upcoming seasons? This episode could have planted the seeds for one.
        Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fahtdaddie
          I think we're missing something here...

If Caprica 6 died in that blast at Baltar's house, THEN HE MUST HAVE TOO! I know that it was explained away with a couple of lines here and there, but I really think that Baltar is a Cylon - he just doesn't realize it or want to acknowledge it. Think of this: Baltar and 6 see each other in their "hallucinations". If that happens to 6 just as it's happening to Baltar, then doesn't it make sense that they are both Cylons? I guess maybe I took logic in college one too many times...I don't know. Call me crazy.
          But that doesn't make sense. If Baltar was a Cylon then there would have been no need to have 6 seduce him to infiltrate the Colonial systems and sabotage them. They would have just replaced Baltar with a cylon that knows they are a cylon and had them do the sabotage.

Comment

If that happens to 6 just as it's happening to Baltar, then doesn't it make sense that they are both Cylons? I guess maybe I took logic in college one too many times...I don't know. Call me crazy.

RDM talks about why 6 and Baltar have each other in there heads

and its not because Baltar is a cylon as he isnt a cylon

Comment

This episode was great.... Six is the Martin Luther of the Children of God.
              Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

I wonder if the nucular blast did it.
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by titans
                  Did anyone else notice the bald guy walking with a six while anders and the woman were watching them from the rooftop. He was scene from the back through the binoculars from the back for a brief second...a new Cylon model? A big bald one?
                  That bald guy, the #5?, was the doctor from The Farm.

Comment

Wow, great episode. The whole Baltar/Six thing just got a whole lot more interesting. However I was dissapointed that we did not see any new Cylon models in this episode, it was kind of lame how the only Cylons walking around Caprica just so happened to be the ones we already know.

AOL already has the preview for the next episode http://television.aol.com/feature/ba...r_galactica_tv (looks awesome)
                    Last edited by Carbito; 25 February 2006, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Oh yeah, and a small yay for Alisen Down. Was she in the last ep with Anders? Her character on SG-1 might have been a little too... flat, but I like the actress.

Comment

Was that Alisen Down? Thought she looked familiar.

I've been wanting more background on this whole Cylon "rebirth" thing so I was very excited about this epsiode. And it was great drama. I've still got questions, though, about the Cylons, and almost feel like I need to go back and rewatch some of the earlier episodes. I'm confused why Caprica Sharon (now on Galactica) seemed to "remember' her early years knowing Starbuck, Chief, etc. Wouldn't those be the experiences of the Sharon that was just reborn in this episode? Or do they all "share" memories at some point via a giant database?

Overall - very interesting developments with the Cylons. And Anders. Can't wait for the final two episodes. Nice to see Baltar haunting Caprica Six - turnabout is fair play. So Ron Moore mentions why they "hear" each other in his podcast? I'll have to listen to that. And yeah - very convenient that ALL those "skins" walking around were all familiar models. Ron Moore is an evil man.

The events on Galactica with the birth of Helo/Sharon's baby. So they faked the baby's death and turned her (Hera?) - not really knowing what "it" is capable of - over to an unsuspecting Maya. I don't know - doesn't seem like that great a plan to me. And Sharon isn't taking the whole thing very well - whatever "help" she's been providing to the humans, I'm not sure I'd count on her for that anymore. Of course I guess she's still loyal to Helo - I do believe she loves him.

You know this show isn't perfect. But the characters have such depth and I'm SO interested in the Cylons as a scary, layered, complex enemy - driven by a combination of spiritualism and hatred - that I frakkin love this show.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Great ep! I was thrilled to see cylons struggling with what they've done. Definitely makes them seem a little less like...

There's also a huge political statement here, I don't know if you've spotted it or not. The cylons who were in the thick of the war, directly interacting with the humans don't think what they're doing is right. The cylons who never lived with humans want to keep the war going, even if it's at the cost of "boxing" their heros. Kind of sounds familiar to me...

I really don't blame Roslin for acting like she did. I mean, here's this thing that your enemy has created and sent into your midst, but at the same time, it's part human and a premature baby to boot. You're suicidal if you let it be the way it is, and a monster if you throw it out the airlock. I think she did the best thing by taking it away and leaving it for someone else to raise.

Sharon and Helo can't seem to catch a break, but I think they'll be OK. Helo will calm Sharon down, and hopefully they'll survive this. I don't know- now that Sharon #1 is back in commission and Adama is losing his illusions about what Sharon is, Helo's Sharon might not be around for much longer.

And if Baltar turns out to be a Cylon now, I'll eat my thesis. He's hallucinating Six out of guilt, and Six is hallucinating him. Can't wait until they meet again.
                          It must be a Thursday.

I've never been able to get the hang of Thursdays.

Roll up your pantlegs- you're in JoePa's house now! Congratulations Nittany Lions on an Orange Bowl Victory!

Comment

Holy.....frakking......cow!

Now........that was quite rollercoaster ride! I watched with my eyes glued to the screen (even during the commercials), not wanting to miss ANYthing. So much has happened that it takes awhile to absorb it all. After the episode was over, I had my mouth opened......my eyes still glued to the screen, and still trying to understand what I just witnessed.

I love the whole idea of Cylons dowloading the personalities into new Cylon clone bodies. It was freaky seeing the new bodies come out of that thing with the goo. I like the fact they still hold on to the memories of the person they were cloned from. I liked how Number 6 had Gaius Baltar in here head as like a conscience.

So, Number 6 and the Sharon clone are become like rebels against the Cylon ways. I like that. I like the fact that because they were cloned from humans who had compassion and consciences.....they can make the decision which is right and which wrong. That Number 8 (Lucy Lawless) is a real b!tch tricking Number 6 and the Sharon clone like that so they would be 'boxed'. And......why? Because......they are the voice of reason.

Spoiler:
                            What upset and disturbed me the most was when we were made to think that they had Sharon's baby terminated. Without realizing it was a mere hoax to trick Sharon (Cylon clone), it truly upset me. I mean, I was in tears and was devastated. Of course, I was relieved when they show Sharon's baby being secretly adopted by a woman who couldn't have any of her own. But, that was truly ground-breaking twist in the story I never expected.

Can't wait for the 2-parter finale!
                            Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 25 February 2006, 07:27 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Most, most, satisfying...almost as satisfying as lamb.
                              "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
                                RDM talks about why 6 and Baltar have each other in there heads

and its not because Baltar is a cylon as he isnt a cylon
                                Care to elaborate?
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X