Downloaded (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titans
    Man is Roslin turning into an Uber BI*CH or what?? I actually dislike her a little after this episode.
    She's been forced to make some very hard decisions, and has probably been further hardened by Billie's death. Considering she may be responsible for the fate of all of humanity, and how manipulative the Cylons have been, I don't think she has any choice but to not trust Sharon.

That said, at least now I understand how the prophecy that Roslin would not live to reach Earth will be realized. (Since her cancer was cured I was wondering.)

Sharon's going to kill her.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson
      Holy.....frakking......cow!

Now........that was quite rollercoaster ride! I watched with my eyes glued to the screen (even during the commercials), not wanting to miss ANYthing. So much has happened that it takes awhile to absorb it all. After the episode was over, I had my mouth opened......my eyes still glued to the screen, and still trying to understand what I just witnessed.

I love the whole idea of Cylons dowloading the personalities into new Cylon clone bodies. It was freaky seeing the new bodies come out of that thing with the goo. I like the fact they still hold on to the memories of the person they were cloned from. I liked how Number 6 had Gaius Baltar in here head as like a conscience.

So, Number 6 and the Sharon clone are become like rebels against the Cylon ways. I like that. I like the fact that because they were cloned from humans who had compassion and consciences.....they can make the decision which is right and which wrong. That Number 8 (Lucy Lawless) is a real b!tch tricking Number 6 and the Sharon clone like that so they would be 'boxed'. And......why? Because......they are the voice of reason.

Spoiler:
      What upset and disturbed me the most was when we were made to think that they had Sharon's baby terminated. Without realizing it was a mere hoax to trick Sharon (Cylon clone), it truly upset me. I mean, I was in tears and was devastated. Of course, I was relieved when they show Sharon's baby being secretly adopted by a woman who couldn't have any of her own. But, that was truly ground-breaking twist in the story I never expected.

Can't wait for the 2-parter finale!
      I thought they said Sharon was Number 8? (Have to watch the ep again on Monday.)

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
        How did the downloaded Boomer get photos of her family and the BSG crew?
        She had them, like her apartment, from the time before the war when she thought she was human. I figure she was on Galactica at least a year before the Cylons attacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
          Lol on the Sexymom, did anybody else see the bumper sticker that said C-Bucks Rule?
          Saw both licenses. Very cute. But has anyone else wondered why a civilization with starships and the ability to build the Cylons in the first place, still has 20th/21st Century looking cars?

Comment

Cool episode, strange but cool
            very cool how the download proces works
            and the baby's born, too bad the baby did not survive
            finally i now what number Sharon is nr.8
            and lucy lawless is nr. 3
            and it was suprising that nr. 6 saw Baltar in her mind, just like Baltar saw nr. 6 in his mind(how weird was that)
            and that Starbuck's boyfriend still alive and the Bomb that he build, very cool
            and i am currious what the music was playing in the background in Sharon's room

Comment

Now this episode was interesting! It also brought up a question that's been on my mind. When they say there are 12 Cylon models does that mean there are 12 different Human looking Cylons? I always assumed that there were 12 copies of each Cylon and that when they died 12 times they were DEAD.

I geuss now this changes everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                D'Anna mentioned that after she was downloaded she went back to her old apartment. The pictures would have already been there.
                What I dont get is that with all these nukes going off, how come so many buildings are intact? Surely there woud be a lot more destruction - for example, we see the human models planting trees just under Boomer Cylon's apartment, yet there is wisted metal and a considerable amount of wreckage strewn on the ground around them, but the buildings are intact.
                AFAIAA, I thought that the epicentre of a nuke blast was compltely destroyed, and the dstruction moved out for x miles (depending of the size of the nuke) desruction total for up to 1 mile, severe desruction up to 10 miles, and then less destruction the further away from the blast you go. Now we saw that there were many bombs going off (and largish ones at that) from the opening sequences and from the mini-series and I would assume that the nukes would have targeted major cities in order for the detruction to be absolute. So how realistic would it be for these buildings to still have the artifacts in them after such an attack?

'All of this has happened before
                And all of this will happen again
                So say we all.'

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Roslin is walking an increasingly dark path these days, it will be very interesting to see where it all leads. I've grown increasingly disenchanted with the character since she started believing in the whole prophet thing.

Are we supposed to know Maya? I know the name, but I also know it from a variety of places. Can't tell if BSG is one of 'em. Thought it'd be ironic if she turned out to be a cylon or a sympathiser or something.

Sharon and Helo never catch a break. True. But you have to admit that Grace and Tahmoh do a great job on the emotional resonance score.

And good ol' Doc sells a bit more of his soul. I predict things are gonna come to a head on that score.

This ep wasn't what I was expecting, but I liked it. Interesting to see the cylons grappling with human emotions. Bit of a cop out not giving us glimpses of ANY unknown models, though. Even from a distance. Bah.

After SACRIFICES and knowing about the cylon breeding experiments Sharon´s baby´s existance is a risk for every fertile woman alive....potential, and the Fleet appears to be divided in politics, demographics....we should know/remember who the enemy is, and their purpose. Laura Roslin MUST take all of this into consideration, that´s why she is the President at this moment....even she decides otherwise.

Comment

i have not much time right now so i'll say only one word about this ep:

WOW!

Comment

Definatly my favourite episode of the series. I thought the Gauis/six halucination reversal was very very intriguing, and well done. Have anyone else noticed the higher up the Cylon model seems to be the more humanistic it becomes? Beer's being number 3 seems very cold and machine like, Six though cold does show an underlying humanesque trait, even more so the Caprica 6. And Sharons model, all of them always seem to be saying 'We love you'. At this rate number 12 will be like Ghandi or something.

So sad for Sharon and Helo Especially after seeing that touching scene of her tellin him she loves him completely. If them two could just get a break. Oddly, I'm rooting for those two more than any other couple on BSG. its funny out of all the relationships on BSG the one between what should be mortal enemies, A human and a Cylon, is more pure or at least seems to be to me, than any of the other Frak up on the show!

I so can't wait to see where this is all going. My Fridays just can't come quickly enough!
                      Abyss:

"Damn straight! I'd have busted you out, blown this rat hole to hell and made sure that sonofabitch suffered!"

"The Others would've stopped you."

"They'd have a hell of a fight on their hands."

"You wouldn't do that," Daniel tells him, shaking his head.

"Ba'al would be dead--"

"Jack--"

"And don't think I'd stop there!!"

"You're a better man than that," Daniel says calmly.

"That's where you're wrong!!"

Comment

Originally posted by THSEX1138
                        I LIKE THAT! In the Mini Series Baltar gives an interview on The Spotlight with the late Kellan Brody and the topic of discussion was how he wanted to lift the ban on research and development for artificial intellegence. He viewed the ban as an hinderance for further advancement. He also had access to the defense main frame and might have found a way to determine were the Cylon home world was. There are some facts to back parts of that theory.

I went back to the pilot miniseries to see your point. This could very well be.
                        I highly recomend as we are getting the Cyclon perspective finally to watch the pilot again for all the subtle nuances.
                        One question.... Who met Six in the park when she stated something like " I was wondering when you would show up"? Was this a human who was in league with the Cylons..... thier God, if you will? Very possibly the flesh and blood Baltar.

What did this god promise the Cylons? How about: what it means to be alive or a chance to live on ... forever? I think the fact that humans are considered truly living beings,and the Cylons are not drives the Cylon psyche. This is a theme throughout,from the first meeting in the pilot "Are you alive?" to the last line of this episode "We are alive" spoken by two Cylons who realize uniqueness and it empowers them. On a purely scientific level one of the prerequisites for living organisms is the ability to perpetuate the species through some form of reproductive means. Thus this fixation by the Cylons. However we are constantly reminded as in the pilot that "It's not enough to just live. You have to have something to live for." Adama said and continued "let it be Earth." Perhaps it is not Earth but love for some Cylons..... (another recurring theme). I think in this episode that these two Cylons realized it is more than love. It is individuality or difference. I think this was addressed by Rosaline and Billy in that pilot when Rosaline said "The world is coming to an end and all I can think about is I have cancer and I'm about to die. How selfish is that?" Billy's reply was "It's not selfish. It is human."

On the other hand what does a human in league with the Cylons get, besides empowerment over the Cylon psyche? Perhaps it is a chance for peace, a continuance of A.I. research, an improved human condition, immortality.
                        Is there another Baltar or someone like him?

No matter, I think another recurring theme is "are we worthy to live?" As the humans are proving over and over again that living is a dirty game, I don't think that there can be a long lasting peace between a newly formed Cylon subculture that wants coexistence and humans. They can't trust each other, and the nasty business of survival / deceipt will undo any chance of coexistence. .....unless the hybrid child is the answer. Right now it is the handling of the child that is the powderkeg.

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER
                          After SACRIFICES and knowing about the cylon breeding experiments Sharon´s baby´s existance is a risk for every fertile woman alive....potential, and the Fleet appears to be divided in politics, demographics....we should know/remember who the enemy is, and their purpose. Laura Roslin MUST take all of this into consideration, that´s why she is the President at this moment....even she decides otherwise.

This is a brilliant analysis. This is why humans and cylons will never coexist peacefully with the current mindset, although I suspect in the next couple episodes they may try.
                          Last edited by Chig; 26 February 2006, 09:12 AM.

Comment

From the sublime to the ridiculous.
                            • Why would Sharon be considered a "war hero"? She certainly killed more Cylons, with the destruction of the Basestar, than Colonials. Her "prime mission", to kill Adama, failed. Even her "secondary mission" of depleting water resources was unsuccessful, ultimately because she reported the existence of a replacement water source. She also failed to blow up her Raptor, although she was compelled to bring an explosive on board.
                            • We see now that the Cylons clearly think and feel as individuals. How do they refer to each other as individuals? "Hey, you, the 5 model in the blue jumper"? The naming system is lame, if the best they can come up with is "Caprica 6" for one of their only celebrities.
                            • What do Cylons do in their "day jobs"? The only gainful employed human-looking Cylon, aside from the "mentor" 3 model (Deanna Beers), was the barista in the coffee shop. Don't they have better things to do? Didn't we see glimpses of more useful occupations in season one in the Helo/Sharon on Caprica thread?
                            • If Roslyn had killed Sharon's baby, and the Resurrection Ship were still intact, would the baby have "downloaded"? Do blank models have to be ready and waiting, or are they formed "in the goo" as needed? Would the baby have downloaded to a dormant Sharon model?
                            • How does a Cylon become "boxed"? Is it like capital punishment, the living body is killed, and the consciousness is "downloaded" into a "dormant body" or a "data store"?
                            • If Caprica Six had no post mortem memories (like knowing that Baltar lived), how did Sharon "remember" Adama's question to her as she was lying in the morgue on Galactica? Remember she threw the question back to Adama on Home II, when he wrestled her to the ground ("you asked why"). Was the "why" she was referring to the "why" he was remembering, or the "why" in his "decommissioning speech" in the mini that Sharon listened to in her Raptor?
                            • There is no hint of a "networking" shared memory model for the downloaded Cylons, no telepathy or automatic data sharing. Otherwise the other Cylons would be aware of Caprica Six's visions of Baltar. Without such a model, how does Caprica Sharon (now on Galactica) remember her past relationship with Tyrol and Starbuck? Since the Sharon Valerii now downloaded on Caprica didn't know she was a sleeper agent, she could not have explicitly reported details like that. Was she debriefed during her other unseen "blackout" periods? If so, who took the "minutes", and how was it relayed? We know from "Final Cut" that the relay distance is finite.
                            • The model numbering system seems to imply a hierarchy of authority. The Beer's model, number 3, is the lowest known. She seemed to have authority over the resurrected Six and Sharon. Are the "handler" or "midwife" models randomly assigned, or purposely assigned? Is the number 1 model the one in charge of the Cylon Plan? Who decides which models are sleepers, and which are self-aware agents? Will the sleeper agent program be re-assessed in the light of Sharon's reaction and counterproductive activities?
                            • Why do Cylons remain clothed on Caprica and prance around au naturel on the BaseStars?

I'm sure most of these questions will remain unanswered. What's your guess? Please answer the last one first.
                            Last edited by anotherquestion; 03 March 2006, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion
                              From the sublime to the ridiculous.
                              • Why would Sharon be considered a "war hero"? She certainly killed more Cylons, with the destruction of the Basestar, than Colonials. Her "prime mission", to kill Adama, failed. Even her "secondary mission" of depleting water resources was unsuccessfully, ultimately because she reported the existence of a replacement water source. She also failed to blow up her Raptor, although she was compelled to bring an explosive on board.
                              • We see now that the Cylons clearly think and feel as individuals. How do they refer to each other as individuals? "Hey, you, the 5 model in the blue jumper"? The naming system is lame, if the best they can come up with is "Caprica 6" for one of their only celebrities.
                              • What do Cylons do in their "day jobs"? The only gainful employed human-looking Cylon, aside from the "mentor" 3 model (Deanna Beers), was the barista in the coffee shop. Don't they have better things to do? Didn't we see glimpses of more useful occupations in season one in the Helo/Sharon on Caprica thread?
                              • If Roslyn had killed Sharon's baby, and the Resurrection Ship were still intact, would the baby have "downloaded"? Do blank models have to be ready and waiting, or are they formed "in the goo" as needed? Would the baby have downloaded to a dormant Sharon model?
                              • How does a Cylon become "boxed"? Is it like capital punishment, the living body is killed, and the consciousness is "downloaded" into a "dormant body" or a "data store"?
                              • If Caprica Six had no post mortem memories (like knowing that Baltar lived), how did Sharon "remember" Adama's question to her as she was lying in the morgue on Gallactica? Remember she threw the question back to Adama on Home II, when he wrestled her to the ground ("you asked why"). Was the "why" she was referring to the "why" he was remembering, or the "why" in his "decommissioning speech" in the mini that Sharon listened to in her Raptor?
                              • There is no hint of a "networking" shared memory model for the downloaded Cylons, no telepathy or automatic data sharing. Otherwise the other Cylons would be aware of Caprica Sixes visions of Baltar. Without such a model, how does Caprica Sharon (now on Gallactica) remember her past relationship with Tyrol and Starbuck? Since the Sharon Valerii now downloaded on Caprica didn't know she was a sleeper agent, she could not have explicitly reported details like that. Was she debriefed during her other unseen "blackout" periods?
                              • The model numbering system seems to imply a hierarchy of authority. The Beer's model, number 3, is the lowest known. She seemed to have authority over the resurrected Six and Sharon. Are the "handler" models randomly assigned, or purposely assigned? Is the number 1 model the one in charge of the Cylon Plan? Who decides which models are sleepers, and which are self-aware agents? Will the sleeper agent program be re-assessed in the light of Sharon's reaction and counterproductive activities?
                              • Why do Cylons remain clothed on Caprica and prance around au naturel on the BaseStars?

I'm sure most of these questions will remain unanswered. What's your guess? Please answer the last one first.
                              You rock! I think the point here is enjoy the ride! Well put.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayan
                                Definatly my favourite episode of the series. I thought the Gauis/six halucination reversal was very very intriguing, and well done. Have anyone else noticed the higher up the Cylon model seems to be the more humanistic it becomes? Beer's being number 3 seems very cold and machine like, Six though cold does show an underlying humanesque trait, even more so the Caprica 6. And Sharons model, all of them always seem to be saying 'We love you'. At this rate number 12 will be like Ghandi or something.
                                yeah, it makes sense, doesn't it? maybe they tried to become more complex and humanoid with each model.

Originally posted by Wayan
                                So sad for Sharon and Helo Especially after seeing that touching scene of her tellin him she loves him completely. If them two could just get a break. Oddly, I'm rooting for those two more than any other couple on BSG. its funny out of all the relationships on BSG the one between what should be mortal enemies, A human and a Cylon, is more pure or at least seems to be to me, than any of the other Frak up on the show!
                                yeah, exactly. makes sense too - they're not supposed to be a couple. they're from factions deadly opposed to each other, so if there's something that binds them together it's their love. it is sad indeed. although i think from roslyn's and adama's perspective hiding the baby really was the best thing to do.

and, as someone on the scifi board has put it:
                                Originally posted by SciFiBoard
                                it's almost a crime that we only get 1 hour per week.
                                couldn't have said it better perhaps one could add "and even this only 20 weeks per year" - this series definitely is my personal "chamalla extract".

Comment

Working...
                                X