No announcement yet.

The Captain's Hand (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just randomly thought - now that Lee outranks Tigh, how will that dynamic shift, if at all?

Oh, so exciting. Thank you, TPTB.
    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
      What I did find interesting was the guard who was willing to overlook Lee Adama's relieving Red Shirt and follow Red Shirt's orders. Now that Lee is their commander, is he going to be dealing with a potentially mutinous crew or will the rank and file decide they are really part of the fleet now.
      i was thinking the exact same thing, and he (i'm guessing) doesn't have an XO from Galactica's crew to fall back on either.. hard time's ahead maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow
        Just randomly thought - now that Lee outranks Tigh, how will that dynamic shift, if at all?

Oh, so exciting. Thank you, TPTB.
        I was thinking about that...thats really gonna twist Tigh that Lee now out ranks him.

Poor Tigh..he'd be a good, compitent officer and would probably have been handed the Pegasus command if he'd just stop the bozing.
        Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

What's with the Admiral?! Why did he put Lee in command of the Pegasus? Because he knows some tactics? He knows very little about commanding. Even Garner knew more! Would Lee sacrifice his life to save Pegasus? I doubt it. From episode to episode I hate Apollo more and more. The old man has lost his mind or what?! A flyboy in command? Worser than an engineer if you ask me. And how the hell got flyboy Adama promoted two time in a couple of weeks?! And WHY?! Why wouldn't the Admiral put Tigh in command instead? He has the ability to command a BS with discipline and Pegasus could adapt very fast to it because Cain was like that too. A flyboy in command? Right. Now that's what I call out of the box thinking. Well, it's light years from the box in this case. What will come next? Apollo will candidate for the presidency? Oh, I know: In the next episode (Downloaded) he will be revealed as God and he will lead the fleet to salvation. I hope the Pegasus will be destroyed pretty soon when Lee "God" Adama will be on board.

Comment

Ahh, it's good to see the 'old' BSG back on form again. The last few episodes were fairly mediocre imho, but this episode has vindicated itself. I once again felt the drama and tension that I have come to expect from the series, something that I feared was beginning to disappear as of lately.

Good work RDM and Co. thanks for a great episode.

BSG75 Viper Squadron

Comment

I realized why the Admiral is acting like stupid! Every month the just current commander dies. The Admiral wants get rid of the flyboy this way. It'll look like an accident. No one will care that the corrent commander dies. It's regular these days.

Comment

I enjoyed the episode except for... you guessed it... the Dee/Lee opening. I hate the relationship because it's been so forced from Day 1. Although props goes to the voice who pointed out that at least we didn't see a glowing spine on Dee. Although I'm not sure she would have glowed while kissing.

Anyways, it's been said countless times that "the Beast" is all tough and what not for taking on 3 Base Stars and I have to ask... what episode were you folks watching??? Pegasus was getting it's tail kicked left, right and sideways. Yes she got one Base Star to turn and run (thanks to the heads up decision by Lee to get within knife fighting range) but the other two ships were smacking her silly and if Garner doesn't get the FTL back on line "the Beast" was going to end up roast duck. Pegasus took a ton of damage, it will be interesting to see if it will be worth the time and effort to patch her up.

On a related note, I don't think Lee is going to have too hard a time with the Pegasus crew. Simply put, he saved their butts. That kind of action tends to buy one much good will and respect.

Loved the Kara/Lee tension, and I almost wish they hadn't patched thing up at the end of the episode. But 6 in 1 and half a dozen in the other.... And yes, Kara was definetly giving thumb rubs while she was holding Lee's hand. !!!TANGENT ALERT!!! That is what the Lee/Dee relationship has been missing from the beginning... thumb rubs and the underlying affection that they imply. If Kara and Lee hooked up for good next episode... and I mean that in a "till Death do us part kinda way"... it would be completely believable in context of what their characters have shared together.

And about frakking time with Baltar. Roslyn is woeful in the political campainging arena. She got blindsided by Zarek's nomination to the Qurom and his push for the vice-presidency and know Baltar turns against her. She's like the French before WW2, she was looking to re-fight the last war (vs. Zarek) and she wasn't ready for the blitz. Brilliant play by Baltar at the news conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyiz
                  flyboy in command? Worser than an engineer if you ask me.
                  Bill Adama is a "flyboy" too.

Comment

Originally posted by burn out
                    Bill Adama is a "flyboy" too.
                    Okay, true, but he has the knowledge of how to command a BS. And I'm almost 100% sure, that he hasn't got promoted to commander from captain in a month.

Comment

Don't think it's gonna matter much, Lee knows how to command he wasnt CAG for nothing after all. I'm looking foreward to the new possibilities it opens!

Comment

Well, time will decide it, but I think not. He was just lucky, because he knew a few tactics, but that not neccesarly means that he is a good leader. Loyality is not gained only by good combat skills.

Comment

I Loved this episode... One of the best since the start of the second half. I liked that Starbuck was causing trouble for the command crew on Pegasus and not on the Galactica, but somehow it was still affecting them. As I am one those that REALLY, really dislike the whole Lee/Dee thingie whatever it is called, I am, in a way, REALLY happy that they are now on 2 different ships. The thing that I dont understand is how can Lee jump a full rank to go from Major to Commander? 'Cause would you not go from Lt. to Captin to Major to Colonel and then to Commander. For what I understand of the military, it is very, VERY rare that someone would get a promotion like this. I am not sure if this has been brought up in a pervious post.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyiz
                            What's with the Admiral?! Why did he put Lee in command of the Pegasus? Because he knows some tactics? He knows very little about commanding. Even Garner knew more! Would Lee sacrifice his life to save Pegasus? I doubt it. From episode to episode I hate Apollo more and more. The old man has lost his mind or what?! A flyboy in command? Worser than an engineer if you ask me. And how the hell got flyboy Adama promoted two time in a couple of weeks?! And WHY?! Why wouldn't the Admiral put Tigh in command instead? He has the ability to command a BS with discipline and Pegasus could adapt very fast to it because Cain was like that too. A flyboy in command? Right. Now that's what I call out of the box thinking. Well, it's light years from the box in this case. What will come next? Apollo will candidate for the presidency? Oh, I know: In the next episode (Downloaded) he will be revealed as God and he will lead the fleet to salvation. I hope the Pegasus will be destroyed pretty soon when Lee "God" Adama will be on board.
                            Why dis Lee so much? Bill Adama was a flyboy himself before he commanded Gallactica.

Lee was already "Commander Air Group" CAG for quite a while so he does, in fact, know quite a bit about command.

Tigh would be a bad choice for the very reasons you cite, his command style was too discipline-oriented. Tigh was like Cain in most respects execept he himself lacks self-discipline, while always willing to criticize others for the same or lesser failings. He never wanted Bill Adama's job and seemed grateful to hand it back to him.

Garner was the best senior officer Pegasus had left. After three deaths-at-the top in short order, I doubt that any senior officer on either ship coveted taking on the Beast at this point.

Comment

Not impressed with the Dee/Lee thing either. Can't see it lasting though they got together too quickly. I mean they have no where else to go with it short of making her a Cylon. Besides i think the irony of it all is she used Billy while waiting to see if Lee showed any real interest in her and Lee is doing the same while waiting for Starbuck to come to her senses and admit she's interested. I mean we already know she is. She called out his name while in bed with Baltar!!!

Comment

Besides the whole Dee/Lee ship at the beginning of the epsiode, I thought that it was pretty good. Though I just hope that they don't have to revisit the abortion thing with Dee/Lee. That would just be too predictable.

Comment

Working...
                                X