No announcement yet.

The Captain's Hand (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you that say the begining was a bit neausing. I guess Dee is over Billy! From the start i hated the new pegasus commander. i thought was a a**. i was kinda thinking he would go soon! Whats the pegasus count in commanders now? 3 down! The star trek red shirt stuff is very funny, but it seems to be coming true, only can hope that the newly promoted Commander Lee Adama will not be its next victim. The whole abortion angle was interesting, and agree that in this case of survival that it should be illegal and criminal to abort a pregnancy.(SFI FI WORLD ONLY) I thought that baltar declaring his run for president was a stab in the back to roslin, but hell baltar is a loose cannon who we never seem to know what he will do next, like giving a nuke to the cylon peace movement and stuff like that, that is unpredictable. did you see the way roslin just turned away! i bet she is one pissed woman right now.
    At this time, this has been the best episode i have seen this season! my season best!

Downloaded is next week, the Cylon side of the story. have been looking forward to seeing that one. from the prevew it seems like the sharon model is flawed somewhat and maybe it will be explaned, and we will get to see the original sharon that was on Galactica, the one who shot adama since she was reborn, downloaded into a new cloned body! and get to see the beers (lawless) model of cylon as well. hey do you wonder if we will see any more of the 6 models we have not seen yet?
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
      Just seems rather abrupt that he goes from being a Captain to Commander in such a short period. Maybe this will get him out of that funk he's been stuck in lately.

At least it will get him away from Dee so you can't go wrong there.
      And will end the string of Commander Red-Shirts on the Pegasus. All fine battlestars deserve an Adama at the helm.

Comment

If one thing RDM has proven himself to be good at, it's upsetting expectations. Since the first appearance of Pegasus, people have been expecting it to disappear, either destroyed in battle, or blown up by the Cylon sympathizers--instead the ship lives on and the commanders fall like dominoes.

Now Lee's in the hot seat. I think anything can happen.
        Last edited by anotherquestion; 03 March 2006, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by somedude
          I saw the cracked canopies, but the shot looked too 'perfect'. Just two bullets through the windshield, one each into the heads of the pilots?

I think the Raptors are armed, (remember Lee took out the Cylons using the Raptors' front guns in Fragged), but just not optimized for anti-air warfare, or ever intended to mix it up with Raiders.
          Yes, that bothered me too, but stranger things have happened. Starbuck "killed" the raider in "Act of Contrition" with a single round to the brain, after all. Besides it may have been a single human-looking Cylon drifting in an EVA that the raptors set out to rescue, the source of the original distress signal. They might have gotten all up-close and personal when the decoy whips out a handy sniper rifle when they weren't expecting it.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion
            Yes, that bothered me too, but stranger things have happened. Starbuck "killed" the raider in "Act of Contrition" with a single round to the brain, after all. Besides it may have been a single human-looking Cylon drifting in an EVA that the raptors set out to rescue, the source of the original distress signal. They might have gotten all up-close and personal when the decoy whips out a handy sniper rifle when they weren't expecting it.
            haha, yeah, that's a good theory.

Comment

Originally posted by titans
              did anyone else find it odd that "The Beast"can take 3 or so nuke hits and not lose a single crew member? Number before the battle 49,584, after the battle, 49,579....four Raptor Pilots and one Red Shir...uhh I mean Pegasus Commander.
              Uh, maybe a lot of women suddenly gave birth all at once?

I was certainly under the impression that the pegasus had some casualties. especially in engineering from the fire and air loss.

Comment

Bill Duke in 'Black Market', Dana Delaney in 'Sacrifice', and now John Heard as the Pegasus commander. Good actors all. I'm just sorry to see all these great guest stars bite the big one each week.

Yea for the 'beast'! The cylons may have set a trap, but Pegasus kicked some cylon tail. Nice to see the big ships duke it out. Nice effect shots.

Roslyn outlawing abortions in that situation made sense. It was hard for me to watch her make that announcement since I'm staunch pro choice. Was there a scene missing in that episode? What did the young lady say to the Pres that would convince Roslyn to grant her request? Especially since granting the abortion would infuriate the Geminese and errod her political support.

Since the Geminese are such prolife hardliners I wonder if they would have opposed Roslyn's decision to terminate Sharon's baby in Ephianies.

Comment

best bsg ep so far!

with lee bangin dee beast owning basestars!

Comment

man best ep so far. just.........damn

Comment

Damn i really want to see this

:sigh: too bad i'm in australia and have to wait months and months...

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

Comment

I only thought it was alright. It was certainly a step up from the past few weeks (thank the Lords of Kobol for not starting with "XX Hours Earlier," especially after a week off!), but it wasn't my favourite episode of the season. I'd have a hard time pinpointing which episode is, but it would fall somewhere between 2.8 and 2.12 ("Final Cut" through "RS, II").

The whole Commander thing caught me as off-guard as it seemed Lee. The father-son interactions are what really sells the show to me - it always resonates and just feels true. Often the rest of the show (heavy-handed abortion debating, for example) feels contrived. The familial relations, particularly in the Adama men's case, amaze me, particularly because of the acting of EJO and Jamie Bamber. Big love for that

I'll need to see this one again. I managed to miss the first airing, so I only caught the rerun - yay for Monday night.
                        Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

damn, i liked this one... it only was much too short

wow, the beast rocked the cylon's boat! somehow i think they didn't expect a battlestar showing up in their mousetrap. or at least didn't expect it to bite back that hard

the opening shot was beautiful, the pegasus against the light of that star. just wow!

Comment

WOOOO! BSG is back! Awesome!

I think Lee will be crushed as a commander.

- Gaius rules. Go Gaius and Six! Cool ending!
                            - Roslin rules too. Poor girl.
                            - Starbuck is back to normal. Whatever that might be. ^_^
                            - I miss Helo.
                            - Yay! Tyrol and Callie for 7 seconds!
                            - Boo! Dee and Lee! Still not cool!
                            - Woah! Pegasus is tough. But Galactica is tougher! I know it!
                            - Mr.Engineer guy was weird. I feel sorry for him.
                            - Yay! The Doc!
                            - Creepy dead raptors. D:
                            - Yay! One of those cool Adama/Roslin scenes!
                            - I swear I saw Major Lorne from Atlantis in this.
                            Last edited by AutumnDream; 18 February 2006, 03:36 AM.

Comment

I never expected a battlestar Fight to be so intense. Usualy nothing realy happens to the battlestars you see them get hit sometimes people rock around. But jesus this one took at least 2 nuke hits and it still survived. Pegasus has gone through 3 commands its a tropper lol

Comment

How do you get promoted twice lol Major and now Commander. Hes just flyin right up those ranks lol. Maybe next episode he will be Admiral and we will have the Admiral Adamas in charge lol j/k Very good episode I loved the fight scene and how batler is getting crazy. Cant wait to see the next episode

Comment

Working...
                                X